2016-2017 University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congratulations!!! are you in state?

In-state, Lizzy M ~71. Reapplicant as well. Lots of medical experience which I think helped this time around.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if there a date that schools have to tell you something (yes, no, waitlist) by? I thought it was March 15 but from various searches that doesn't seem to be a hard and fast date... interviewed in October so hope is waning

Does anyone know if there a date that schools have to tell you something (yes, no, waitlist) by? I thought it was March 15 but from various searches that doesn't seem to be a hard and fast date... interviewed in October so hope is waning
No set date. UNC usually sends everything out by early April

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually called to ask this question yesterday. The admissions office said the first week in april.

Reactions: 1 users
If their second look weekend is in March, wouldn't they need to send out a majority of their acceptances by then? This April news has me ALL freaked out.

If their second look weekend is in March, wouldn't they need to send out a majority of their acceptances by then? This April news has me ALL freaked out.

UPDATE: I called admissions, and while I didn't get any sort of definitive answer, he said that this week was the last week of interviews and therefore no acceptances will probably go out this week. He said that acceptances/rejections/WL will be sent in the next following weeks, but that you *should* receive some sort of answer before April. So, the waiting game continues.

I actually called to ask this question yesterday. The admissions office said the first week in april.

UPDATE: I called admissions, and while I didn't get any sort of definitive answer, he said that this week was the last week of interviews and therefore no acceptances will probably go out this week. He said that acceptances/rejections/WL will be sent in the next following weeks, but that you *should* receive some sort of answer before April. So, the waiting game continues.
Thanks for calling team

Well this is awkward since they told me last interview day was March 8.

Well this is awkward since they told me last interview day was March 8.
If you log on to the portal that you used to schedule your interview then you can see what all of the interview dates were/are. Pretty sure March 8th is correct...

If you log on to the portal that you used to schedule your interview then you can see what all of the interview dates were/are. Pretty sure March 8th is correct...
Fwiw I interviewed recently and they said they were interviewing through next week

Can you still see this portal? Mine disappeared after my interview in December. It just says secondary fee paid and my address now.

Can you still see this portal? Mine disappeared after my interview in December. It just says secondary fee paid and my address now.
I don't think I have tried looking post-interview. I did look right beforehand and the last date was the 8th. No matter what the last date is... the bulk of acceptances seem to come out before second look weekend anyways so we should all just try and put it out of our minds for a few more weeks : ) harder said than done but we should try!

I don't think I have tried looking post-interview. I did look right beforehand and the last date was the 8th. No matter what the last date is... the bulk of acceptances seem to come out before second look weekend anyways so we should all just try and put it out of our minds for a few more weeks : ) harder said than done but we should try!

Any ideas as to when second look weekend would be...? (Sorry I'm desperate, clearly)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else received a Interview Follow-up Email? I was under the impression I should expect radio blackout silence until I receive a decision

Has anyone else received a Interview Follow-up Email? I was under the impression I should expect radio blackout silence until I receive a decision

Never heard of that. I received a financial aid email after my interview, but nothing else.

Yeah, I received one from our student tour guide. They sent it out last year too.

Hoping for some news this week! :)

Yeah, I received one from our student tour guide. They sent it out last year too.

Hoping for some news this week! :)

welppp guess our tour guides just didn't send an email. what did it say?

welppp guess our tour guides just didn't send an email. what did it say?

They just said congrats on interviewing and gave us their emails if we had any questions!

This week would be 2 weeks from the last adcom meeting. But do they actually meet at 2 week interval like this?
What do you mean? I'm pretty sure they have been meeting pretty regularly every 2 weeks, except for around the holidays.

waiting for tonight.gif

Edit: or tomorrow night, or Wednesday night, or whatever night they want to call, I'm waiting for that night.

Reactions: 2 users
I am just excited for someone else to hear back... doesn't even have to be me. It's just nice knowing that the committee is moving things along and that fellow sdn'ers are being accepted.

Reactions: 3 users
Man I'm getting really anxious
me too! but i think they will probably meet longer for tonight, as I think they are starting to make final decisions now (in anticipation of second look weekend, if this is true). But I'm so jittery.

Just refreshing this thread waiting for one of you guys to post........

ugh whyyyy is there nothing happening.

Maybe they didn't meet this week after all :(

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I feel like they'd have to meet with second look coming up and then spring break being next week :shrug: ugh. Maybe tomorrow.

Kind of surprised there is still no news

Reactions: 4 users
So do we think that this week will be the final wave of decisions before waitlist/rejections are released in early April? Or do you guys think they will meet again on the 20th before second look?

So do we think that this week will be the final wave of decisions before waitlist/rejections are released in early April? Or do you guys think they will meet again on the 20th before second look?

They have to meet again - the last day of interviews is tomorrow.

From earlier in the thread:

^^ This implies that even if they did meet this week there may be no decisions released. Maybe they are meeting every week from here on out?

From earlier in the thread:

^^ This implies that even if they did meet this week there may be no decisions released. Maybe they are meeting every week from here on out?
I think that was last week. No decisions were going out because they didn't meet that Tuesday. They should have met this Tuesday.

Edit: But also, that admissions person was wrong since the last day of interviews is tomorrow

I think that was last week. No decisions were going out because they didn't meet that Tuesday. They should have met this Tuesday.

Edit: But also, that admissions person was wrong since the last day of interviews is tomorrow

ah ok. When I read it I interpreted it as referring to this week (since last week wasn't a meeting week).

so are we thinking tonight or just any point until march 25th?

so are we thinking tonight or just any point until march 25th?
Probably will hear today - Thursday or the 20th - 23rd if accepted. Will probably hear post-second look weekend if waitlisted/rejected.
The suspense is killing meeeeeee!

yah but its already almost 7:30 so I'm guessing not tonight.