2016-2017 University of Pennsylvania (Perelman) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
withdrew today. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how many members are currently in the FB group?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is taking the MFL between Penn and the Washington Square West area safe late at night (as late as midnight) for a woman? I have never lived in a city before so I am a bit nervous but I want to live over there for personal reasons. Are there any other recommended ways to commute?

Hi, new SDN member here, so I apologize in advance if I unknowingly break any rules right now with this post...

For those of you who had gotten accepted, congratulations! You've definitely earned it!

I was wondering if anyone who got accepted/is currently attending Perelman who would be willing to look over my essays/responses to questions on the application (and hopefully the secondary as well)? I would like to apply to Perelman through the Early Decision process. Perelman is my top choice medical school, and I would REALLY LOVE to attend this medical school.

Again, I apologize if this post breaks any rules, but I would really appreciate the help and any feedback that I can receive. Thank you, and once again, congratulations to everyone who have been accepted!

I am applying to Perelman this upcoming season, and had questions regarding impact factors of the following:

1) Research done under a tenured professor at the medical school. No publication
2) Fiancee attending the DENTAL school.

Reason I wonder is because they have sections regarding compelling reasons to attend Penn, and if I've worked at the school.
If any current student or acceptee can shed light on this, I'd appreciate it!

Also, is there a 2017-2018 University of Pennsylvania Perelman Application Thread yet? I have been trying to find one, but cannot find one yet.

In this year's iteration of the secondary, there isn't the clause that says do not list awards from high school or earlier...
Any advice from current students on this?

Waitlisted :/

Anyone else also on the Hopkins / Columbia waitlist and trying to decide how to proceed? PM me