2016-2017 University of South Carolina - Greenville Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I submitted a secondary to this school prior to 9/1 and I haven't heard from them since, is anyone else in this boat?

Yep. Yes. Yeah :/

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I submitted a secondary to this school prior to 9/1 and I haven't heard from them since, is anyone else in this boat?
Same here. I submitted beginning of August and I haven't heard anything since. I heard back from USC Columbia super fast, so even with Columbia and Greenville being separate, I figured I would get relatively similar feedback from both places. I've already interviewed in Cola, but no love from Greenville yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep. Yes. Yeah :/
I submitted both Greenville and Columbia about the same time. I have already interviewed at Columbia, but I have not heard back from Greenville. Is it worth calling them? I don't know anyone who has a regular decision interview at this point

I submitted both Greenville and Columbia about the same time. I have already interviewed at Columbia, but I have not heard back from Greenville. Is it worth calling them? I don't know anyone who has a regular decision interview at this point
I wouldn't worry yet. I've already interviewed here but haven't heard from Columbia yet.

Reactions: 1 user

Don't worry about it. Greenville II didn't come till a month and a half after Columbia II, and I submitted secondaries within a week of each other. If it gets to be December and you've still heard nothing and you're IS, I'd give them a ring so you're on their radar before the year ends.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am really getting anxious that I have not heard anything and seeing all the activity here. Everything was submitted the last week of August and they acknowledged complete at the end of August. I am OOS, 3.74 gpa, 507 mcat, LM 66 Anyone interviewed or accepted already with similar stats? Trying to gauge my chances.

Anyone heard any recent post-interview decisions?

They send out notifications on or about the 15th of every month, so hopefully we'll be hearing good news next week!

Still patiently waiting to hear something from here either way! :whistle:

Reactions: 4 users
I interviewed here on Tuesday and they said that this round of decisions (the past month or so? of interviews ) will probably go out on Friday

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed here on Tuesday and they said that this round of decisions (the past month or so? of interviews ) will probably go out on Friday
Thanks for that! I can stop staring at my phone/constantly checking my e-mail today! Haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,
I am new to this, but I am a non-trad student(graduated in 2012), OOS with 505 MCAT, and completed my app 11/4. About how long was it before you received a status update once your application was complete?

I received the "continue to evaluate" e-mail a few weeks ago. Does anyone know how genuine the statement that they review previous applicants every time they accept new students is? While that would be awesome, I can't imagine that the admissions committee has time to go back and review all of the previous applicants in addition to the new interviewees every month. I was kind of thinking if I were to get offered an acceptance, it would be given in April after all interviews had taken place.

I received the "continue to evaluate" e-mail a few weeks ago. Does anyone know how genuine the statement that they review previous applicants every time they accept new students is? While that would be awesome, I can't imagine that the admissions committee has time to go back and review all of the previous applicants in addition to the new interviewees every month. I was kind of thinking if I were to get offered an acceptance, it would be given in April after all interviews had taken place.
It's numerical, your application is scored based on categories (interview, GPA, MCAT, ECs, value added) and that score doesn't change, so they shouldn't have to re-review your application. Each time they review applications there is a cutoff, if your score is above it you are accepted if not you're put on hold. I would imagine that each time they review applications as the season goes on that the cutoff value gets lower and lower until they have filled their class. So hopefully the next time the committee meets your score will be above the cutoff they assign. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
It's numerical, your application is scored based on categories (interview, GPA, MCAT, ECs, value added) and that score doesn't change, so they shouldn't have to re-review your application. Each time they review applications there is a cutoff, if your score is above it you are accepted if not you're put on hold. I would imagine that each time they review applications as the season goes on that the cutoff value gets lower and lower until they have filled their class. So hopefully the next time the committee meets your score will be above the cutoff they assign. Good luck!

Ah, thank you for the clarification!

I still haven't received an interview invite from Greenville. :( I am in state and have interviews at both of the other in state schools. I need advice on when and if I should email admissions about a status update! Thanks for your help!

I still haven't received an interview invite from Greenville. :( I am in state and have interviews at both of the other in state schools. I need advice on when and if I should email admissions about a status update! Thanks for your help!

If it would make you feel better, I say go for it! The 2 admissions ladies were so nice, I'm sure they wouldn't think badly of you emailing at all!

I would e-mail them. They are super nice and responsive!

If it would make you feel better, I say go for it! The 2 admissions ladies were so nice, I'm sure they wouldn't think badly of you emailing at all!
Thanks! So how should I word it? I don't want to sound pompous! Haha

Does anyone who has interviewed since the last set of decisions went out know if they mentioned when they would go out in December? I'm assuming around the 15th still but I was hoping earlier this month... Trying to put off that $1500 nonrefundable deposit for DO schools a little longer haha

Does anyone who has interviewed since the last set of decisions went out know if they mentioned when they would go out in December? I'm assuming around the 15th still but I was hoping earlier this month... Trying to put off that $1500 nonrefundable deposit for DO schools a little longer haha

Non refundable? That's insane. Hope you get good news soon!!!

Yep! Due December 15th too :arghh:
I think most DO schools do that because a lot of them know they are "back ups" in some cases.

That and due to the fact that the deposit amount is not regulated via the DO regulatory body. They can ask for whatever they want. Allopathic schools have a set limit for the deposit they can ask for. I think it's $200 but I can't remember.

That and due to the fact that the deposit amount is not regulated via the DO regulatory body. They can ask for whatever they want. Allopathic schools have a set limit for the deposit they can ask for. I think it's $200 but I can't remember.
It was a $250 deposit here, but it's refundable

MUSC's deposit is almost $500...

OOS and still have not heard back. Received a secondary invite. Anyone know if when you call they'll give you any new information? Their status page isn't very informative.

Also has anyone been rejected post secondary but pre II?

Also has anyone been rejected post secondary but pre II?

I emailed the admissions office and they said it could be as late as March before we get a status update. Hope this helps.

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed the admissions office and they said it could be as late as March before we get a status update. Hope this helps.
Thanks mate! I just hate how schools wait so long if they know they rejected you already. A little cruel IMO

Just got an e-mail about being under review still. Confused cause both the interviewers told me I did great and really liked me. This makes me worried now.

Just got an e-mail about being under review still. Confused cause both the interviewers told me I did great and really liked me. This makes me worried now.
Join the club.

Join the club.

They even said my sciences were great and were impressed with the last few years of work I did. Not sure I really could've done more. I guess they have a really good pool to select from this year.

They even said my sciences were great and were impressed with the last few years of work I did. Not sure I really could've done more. I guess they have a really good pool to select from this year.
It's not over yet. I've been on hold with Greenville since October and MUSC since November. I had great interviews at both. It sucks, but that's life. So chin up. Just try to take your mind off it for now.

Yeah, I'm on hold too. I was also confused, because both of my interviews went very well. I thought it might have something to do with a lack of "fit" or my MMI performance, which was hard for me to evaluate.

Yeah, I'm on hold too. I was also confused, because both of my interviews went very well. I thought it might have something to do with a lack of "fit" or my MMI performance, which was hard for me to evaluate.
It's a numbers game at the end of the day. If your score is high enough (MCAT, GPA, AMCAS quality, ECs, interviews, etc.) you get accepted. If not, you wait. Don't try to pin it on the minutiae of the process. Try to be patient. I can scarcely take my own advice, but you've done everything you can up to this point.

I'm in the same boat. All there is to do is wait, but of course that's easier said than done! I felt awful about one of my MMIs and not so great about one of my interviews, but nothing else I can do at this point.

To everyone that's been accepted here, when are you planning on finding housing for next fall? And how can we find roommates?