2016-2017 University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks guys. Didn't want to sound conceited in any way, just genuinely surprised to have had no IS love at this point. Good luck to you both!

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my II! I bet they get to y'all soon! Next week is going to be a busy one!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today for Jan 17th!

Reactions: 1 user
Rescheduled my interview to 1/17. See y'all there!

Reactions: 1 users
Finally got my II! I've got four interviews in the next 13 days, 3 of which are more than 500+ miles away from where I'm currently located for undergrad. I'm gonna need a whole case of Yuengling by the end of this month :dead:

Finally got my II! I've got four interviews in the next 13 days, 3 of which are more than 500+ miles away from where I'm currently located for undergrad. I'm gonna need a whole case of Yuengling by the end of this month :dead:

Congrats! I feel you. I have 3 in the next week. It's going to be a fun time haha. Good luck!

Really happy for you!! You've waited so long for this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! Do we have to do anything with it now? The $75 fee is when we matriculate, right? Their email confused me...
I got the email too!!! I believe you have to pay the $75 within two weeks from now! Wow I'm so excited! Checked my new email for the first time!!!!!!!!

Received my II 1/11. First interview ever. So my nerves are completely frazzled. Any advice?

Received my II 1/11. First interview ever. So my nerves are completely frazzled. Any advice?
Relax, know you are good enough, and control the interview. Don't let them push you around. It will be way easier than you probably think honestly.

Me too! Do we have to do anything with it now? The $75 fee is when we matriculate, right? Their email confused me...
Im pretty sure we have 2 weeks to send them the 75 from when they sent the email. Do you know if its refundable if we choose to withdraw?

The interview day went really well yesterday! Even though I am a reapplicant, I felt that I learned so much more about the school this time around. Very excited to hear!

@greenturtle22 Did you receive the email from Mrs. Harris? She said we do not have to pay the $75 fee until we have made a final decision (April, 30)

II for 2/01!! though requested for reschedule to 2/13-15, 2 weeks won't hurt my chances too much will it? @.@
(Secondary complete 8/26ish/16)

Anybody else put On Hold! no final decision yet? Interviewed (1/4/17).

The committee not making a decision on last week's interviewees is frustrating. I have a DO deposit due on the first and they aren't set to send letters until the 3rd :/

How long did it take for everyone's letters to come? My group's letters were supposed to be sent out on Friday.

How long did it take for everyone's letters to come? My group's letters were supposed to be sent out on Friday.
For anyone reading this in the future mine literally took forever. I got the survey over a week before I got the acceptance

1/4 (II) , 1/20 (mailed), 1/23 (got it).[/QUOTE]

I interviewed 1/10 and they told us that the letters were supposed to be sent out on 1/20. I read on past forums that they sent out an email when they sent the letter. Is that still true?

1/4 (II) , 1/20 (mailed), 1/23 (got it).

I interviewed 1/10 and they told us that the letters were supposed to be sent out on 1/20. I read on past forums that they sent out an email when they sent the letter. Is that still true?[/QUOTE]

Ms. Harris will send out an email letting you know the survey is on the way. That is your notice the letter has been sent too.

I interviewed 1/10 and they told us that the letters were supposed to be sent out on 1/20. I read on past forums that they sent out an email when they sent the letter. Is that still true?

Ms. Harris will send out an email letting you know the survey is on the way. That is your notice the letter has been sent too.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that is still true. Mrs. Harris told me that if you don't receive an email, the committee didn't make it to your file or haven't made a final decision yet. You may be rolled over into the next section.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using SDN mobile

Ms. Harris will send out an email letting you know the survey is on the way. That is your notice the letter has been sent too.
Yes, that is still true. Mrs. Harris told me that if you don't receive an email, the committee didn't make it to your file or haven't made a final decision yet. You may be rolled over into the next section.

So I probably shouldn't expect an email until at Friday at the earliest at this point? :(

Just chiming in to say I've also been complete for awhile, still hoping for an II. Congrats to everyone who has received an II and especially to those who got in!

Accepted STUDENTS: 1) Is there a fb group 2) Do people tend to pick apartments that are closeby? Or ones that are just off the freeway? Any insight pls Where are you guys looking to get the apartments? People keep saying Mud Island...but where? Where do I look?

Last edited:
Any of y'all have any advice on things I should be prepared for on interview day that are specific to UT instead of just the general "relax, be yourself, know your application, etc." that hold true for all interviews lol

Good luck to all of us being reviewed today!

Accepted STUDENTS: 1) Is there a fb group 2) Do people tend to pick apartments that are closeby? Or ones that are just off the freeway? Any insight pls Where are you guys looking to get the apartments? People keep saying Mud Island...but where? Where do I look?
I'm from Memphis, so i can offer some insight. Mud Island is a good place to live, but there are some really nice/new apartments (South Junction and South Bluff) downtown you might want to check out.

I'm from Memphis, so i can offer some insight. Mud Island is a good place to live, but there are some really nice/new apartments (South Junction and South Bluff) downtown you might want to check out.
Do you know where students tend to live though? I was hoping to pick a place with a student population. Do people tend to pick the apartments next to campus...
Also is Mud Island a place or is that a region of Memphis? Wasn't really looking for nice/new but more of where other students would be living so that I'd feel a lil safer/more supported:link:

Do you know where students tend to live though? I was hoping to pick a place with a student population. Do people tend to pick the apartments next to campus...
Also is Mud Island a place or is that a region of Memphis? Wasn't really looking for nice/new but more of where other students would be living so that I'd feel a lil safer/more supported:link:
I'd recommend Midtown or east Memphis. Mud Island is pretty pricey/small, and you can get to UT pretty quickly from other parts of town.

I'd recommend Midtown or east Memphis. Mud Island is pretty pricey/small, and you can get to UT pretty quickly from other parts of town.
Sorry if I sound dense - but is there a specific place where students tend to get apartments? or like that are more student friendly.

Sorry if I sound dense - but is there a specific place where students tend to get apartments? or like that are more student friendly.
Um, that I don't know. I think Mud Island would have a higher concentration of students, but you'd have to ask a current student that. If they would even know, I'm not sure.

Um, that I don't know. I think Mud Island would have a higher concentration of students, but you'd have to ask a current student that. If they would even know, I'm not sure.
Thank you so much!!!! if any current M1 has insight, pls message me!