2016-2017 Weill Cornell Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not that it matters now but does anyone know if decisions are based mainly on your interviews or do they re-evaluate your entire application including stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Not that it matters now but does anyone know if decisions are based mainly on your interviews or do they re-evaluate your entire application including stats?

Would like to know this as well

Members don't see this ad :)

They re-evaluate your entire application again, with the additional information from the interviewers

Reactions: 1 user
Wow! Just got an email that I was accepted!

Wasn't expecting news from Cornell for at least another week!

Reactions: 7 users
Post-II rejection as well.
So disappointed

No email for me either :( Really loved Cornell, so this is a bit painful

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got put on the waitlist-- congrats to those accepted! :)

Still have nothing on my end... not sure what that means.

EDIT: Nevermind, waitlisted.

Waitlisted!

Regarding possible acceptance off of the WL being in May to August, and with the April 30 "one-school" deadline before that... would this mean I would have to commit myself entirely to the waitlist if I want the chance at Cornell and forfeit my spot at a different school? (Newbie question sorry :ninja: )

Waitlisted!

Regarding possible acceptance off of the WL being in May to August, and with the April 30 "one-school" deadline before that... would this mean I would have to commit myself entirely to the waitlist if I want the chance at Cornell and forfeit my spot at a different school? (Newbie question sorry :ninja: )

No, you can hang on to one acceptance but multiple waitlist spots. If you get pulled off of a waitlist after April 30, you have a certain amount of days to pick which acceptance to keep.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted!

Will almost certainly be giving my acceptance to someone on the WL though! Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Filling out the waitlist form and the last question says "is there anything else we should know". Would this be the appropriate time to discuss your intent even though I plan to send that in a full update at a latter date, or would it be best just to leave this blank?

Accepted!!!! Does anyone remember if housing is guaranteed for all medical students for all 4 years? I'm almost certain it is, but would like to double check. Thanks!

so there's nothing we have to do if we're accepted right? just wait for the hard copy letter and send a form in?

No, you can hang on to one acceptance but multiple waitlist spots. If you get pulled off of a waitlist after April 30, you have a certain amount of days to pick which acceptance to keep.

Glad to hear. Thank you!

Waitlisted!

No (DONT WITHDRAW YOUR ACCEPTANCE lol). After April 30 you may only hold one acceptance but can be on as many waitlist as you want. Were they to accept you after April 30th, you will just need to withdraw from your other acceptance.

Accepted! Such sweet relief after a slew of waitlists.

Waitlisted!

From what I have read, on April 30th you have to give up multiple ACCEPTANCES (and can only hold acceptance to one school) but you can stay on as many WAITLISTS as you would like, until classes start in the fall.

Hope this helps!

Accepted today via email!!

No (DONT WITHDRAW YOUR ACCEPTANCE lol). After April 30 you may only hold one acceptance but can be on as many waitlist as you want. Were they to accept you after April 30th, you will just need to withdraw from your other acceptance.

From what I have read, on April 30th you have to give up multiple ACCEPTANCES (and can only hold acceptance to one school) but you can stay on as many WAITLISTS as you would like, until classes start in the fall.

Hope this helps!

Many thanks for the guidance!! Got worried a bit, but this def made things easier to put into perspective. :prof:

Accepted today too. Very happy! Congrats everyone!