2016 Pre-SOMA Conference Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JDsfloatingheadDr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Like many of you I am a recent college grad and DO hopeful. The reason for my post today is I am wondering what your guys thoughts are on the 2016 pre-SOMA conference being held in Anaheim this weekend?

For reference, this is the event I'm referring to: http://studentdo.org/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=category&id=3&Itemid=1105

Is this an event worth attending? How valuable are one on one meetings with admissions counselors in conference settings?

I am primarily interested in attending the event because I would like to get feedback from admissions counselors on how I look as a candidate right now and what I should do between now and when I submit next summer.

Thank you in advanced for your time!

Best,
JDs

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

Like many of you I am a recent college grad and DO hopeful. The reason for my post today is I am wondering what your guys thoughts are on the 2016 pre-SOMA conference being held in Anaheim this weekend?

For reference, this is the event I'm referring to: http://studentdo.org/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=category&id=3&Itemid=1105

Is this an event worth attending? How valuable are one on one meetings with admissions counselors in conference settings?

I am primarily interested in attending the event because I would like to get feedback from admissions counselors on how I look as a candidate right now and what I should do between now and when I submit next summer.

Thank you in advanced for your time!

Best,
JDs

Generally, the events should give you an idea of what the professions is in my opinion. And admission counselor will give you an idea of what to prepare for the application process. So I think it is worth attending if you already have a purpose like that in mind.

I attend both UC Davis Pre-Health Conference and SOMA. Generally I think the UC Davis Pre-Health Conference gave me more infos than SOMA. But both are good source of infos.

Generally, the events should give you an idea of what the professions is in my opinion. And admission counselor will give you an idea of what to prepare for the application process. So I think it is worth attending if you already have a purpose like that in mind.

I attend both UC Davis Pre-Health Conference and SOMA. Generally I think the UC Davis Pre-Health Conference gave me more infos than SOMA. But both are good source of infos.
Hi lnguyen,

Thank you for your response. The way I'm thinking about it now, attending the conference wont hurt...and if I get information I already knew, so what. Thanks again for your time.
Best,
JDs

Members don't see this ad :)
Currently sitting at the airport awaiting my flight to Anaheim for the conference haha. Hopefully you've decided to attend as well!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Heyy, looking super forward to tomorrow!!! If any of you want to meet up, PM me! Time to go hunting for @Goro :banana::banana::banana: