2016 Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ghoorii

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any news?

Members don't see this ad.

last time i spoke to them they said they dont do anything until November 1st....

some rolling admissions eh...

is it still early enough to apply here? i would love to stay in cali but i dont think my stats are competitive enough for this school :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Considering they haven't sent out interviews (at least that I know of) I would definitely still apply.

Definitely apply. In the email they sent out to confirm receipt of applications, they specifically said they will not evaluate until November 1st. How true is that statement? No idea.

How did you guys submit your prerequisite worksheets and repeated coursework worksheet? Anything I type in the adober reader won't be saved. Can I just fill it out and mail it to them or does the school only accept it through email? When I try to use the "attach to email" option on Adobe, it says it can't connect to my "email program." I don't even know what that is...I use yahoo email. I really hate these pdf fillable forms!

Someone please help!

for the biochem requirement it listed:

Biochemistry BCH 110A & 110B & 110C, 107A(MB) or 107B(MB)

so how many of the above classes do I have to take? lol im confused...

Thus far, I haven't heard anything yet. Working on the secondary now... ;)

for the biochem requirement it listed:

Biochemistry BCH 110A & 110B & 110C, 107A(MB) or 107B(MB)

so how many of the above classes do I have to take? lol im confused...

same question. I'm confused on the biochem part. Do they want 2 semesters of Biochem? It says 5 unit is okay but my school doesn't have a 5 unit biochem :/

The website says genetics doesn't count?

-That is true Genetics does NOT count. But if you are really interested to see what classes could work out for that section! it is very easy, just chose the school that you are graduating out of and then will show you what classes can work for every section.

-the last new that I have from them, (they sent me an email indicating that the application was complete!) but this was weeks ago! I guess they wont say anything until after the deadline.

Good Luck guys!! including my self...:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

It's a long wait. I have everything completed several weeks ago. Do you guys think that the school will not start reviewing application until after Nov 1st deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a long wait. I have everything completed several weeks ago. Do you guys think that the school will not start reviewing application until after Nov 1st deadline?

That is true that is what they told me over a phone call, E-mail and personally asked at the orientation!!:(

It is a little disappointing to know that Western is specifically listed as a rolling admissions school but they are not.

I got this email yesterday -

Dear Applicant:

Your file is ready for evaluation by the department. The Admissions Committee will begin reviewing files after November 01, 2011. After your file has been evaluated, you will be contacted by phone or receive a letter regarding your status.

Okay, so I emailed Western about their "rolling admissions". This is their reply:

It’s not your traditional rolling admissions process. The admissions committee starts to review applications November 1st. our first interview date is Dec. 10th. If you are invited to an interview you will be notified 2 to 3 weeks after your interview if you are accepted into the program.

So.......they are rolling as in...they fill in interviews and spots in the class rolling, and if they have more spots then they call more people, like other non-rolling schools?? lol?

Meh, kind of makes me regret turning in my application so soon. Oh well, at least it's over with.

I have completed my 2nd application and course worksheet and emailed them , but not they did not answer but also my application status is still incomplete !!
Does anyone have any suggestion? Who we should email to?

I haven't emailed them yet. Mine also indicates that the prerequisite worksheet is missing. I guess it will take them from 5-7 days to have the status updated. Don't worry.

I haven't emailed them yet. Mine also indicates that the prerequisite worksheet is missing. I guess it will take them from 5-7 days to have the status updated. Don't worry.

Thanks, Actually I called them and they told me the same that it takes 5-7 days to be on the application,
By the way I have another question that what can fulfill the 2nd biochem requirement? Is Molecular biology fine? anyone knows?

Thanks

Thanks, Actually I called them and they told me the same that it takes 5-7 days to be on the application,
By the way I have another question that what can fulfill the 2nd biochem requirement? Is Molecular biology fine? anyone knows?

Thanks

how many classes total of biochem do we need?

According to their website, 2 semesters of Biochemistry (no lab is needed), or 1 semester of Biochemistry (5 units), or 1 semester of Biochemistry (3 units) + 1 semester of molecular biology (3 units).

According to their website, 2 semesters of Biochemistry (no lab is needed), or 1 semester of Biochemistry (5 units), or 1 semester of Biochemistry (3 units) + 1 semester of molecular biology (3 units).

I'm on the quarter system. That looks like we need 6 units so that'd be 9 quarter units?
Darn it cuz I only have 8 (4 units each for both class)

Reactions: 1 user
Just hoping to be selected for December Interview:) Western, you're killing me softly:laugh:

How did you guys submit your prerequisite worksheets and repeated coursework worksheet? Anything I type in the adober reader won't be saved. Can I just fill it out and mail it to them or does the school only accept it through email? When I try to use the "attach to email" option on Adobe, it says it can't connect to my "email program." I don't even know what that is...I use yahoo email. I really hate these pdf fillable forms!

Someone please help!

I have the same problem! I'm really confused about this. :confused:

The way i did it was to type everything on pdf, print it out, and then scan it as an image form. Hope this help. =)

The way i did it was to type everything on pdf, print it out, and then scan it as an image form. Hope this help. =)

Ahhh, makes sense! :laugh: Thank you so much.

I ended converting the pdf to a word document and then filled it out on the computer, attached it to an email, and sent it out. That's probably easier than having to print it out and scan it back into your computer :p

Hi, if anyone had a mac, don't open it with "Preview" program. The program will let you save everything but once you send it, they won't be able to see anything. This is the message I got back from the admissions. Hope it helps

"The worksheets you submitted are blank. Please resubmit the prerequisite and repeated courses worksheets.
Try printing out the completed worksheets, scanning them back into your system, and then saving them. Once saved then you can e-mail them to [email protected]"

On a mac, you can open in preview then save as JPGs, you can either send the JPGs to them or string them together in a PDFs (what I did) and send to them in one file.

On a mac, you can open in preview then save as JPGs, you can either send the JPGs to them or string them together in a PDFs (what I did) and send to them in one file.

wow! wish I saw this message earlier. I could've saved all my time printing and scanning....Thanks :)

Last edited:
When filling out the prerequisite worksheet, how would I fill out the lab row if my lab class was not separate from the lecture?

For example

General Chem Lec
General Chem Lab

Both my lec and lab were in ONE class. The checklist said not to leave anything blank so I don't know how to fill it out for the lab row.

Also, are you guys writing Fall 2009 or Fall 09 or 2009 Fall or 09 Fall?

I notice the words gets cut off...

Last edited:
When filling out the prerequisite worksheet, how would I fill out the lab row if my lab class was not separate from the lecture?

For example

General Chem Lec
General Chem Lab

Both my lec and lab were in ONE class. The checklist said not to leave anything blank so I don't know how to fill it out for the lab row.

Also, are you guys writing Fall 2009 or Fall 09 or 2009 Fall or 09 Fall?

I notice the words gets cut off...

I put "(Lab Included)" in the line below the lecture name. One other school instructed me to do this, so I just followed the same system. And I put Fall 09, Win 09, Spr 09, and Sum 09.

Does anyone know if leaving the "additional comments" section blank or N/A, bad?

Does anyone know if leaving the "additional comments" section blank or N/A, bad?

I don't know officially but everyone has told me to not leave it blank, that it's frowned upon. I guess that's because the whole purpose of the application is to sell yourself to the school so you want to go above and beyond to prove that you are the best candidate for the school. Leaving it blank is similar to the interviewer asking you, "Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you" and you simply answer "Nope". It doesn't look as impressive.

But I could be totally wrong. *shrug*

I think you're right, actually. I did write something, thanks! Goodluck everyone!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
I don't know officially but everyone has told me to not leave it blank, that it's frowned upon. I guess that's because the whole purpose of the application is to sell yourself to the school so you want to go above and beyond to prove that you are the best candidate for the school. Leaving it blank is similar to the interviewer asking you, "Is there anything else you'd like us to know about you" and you simply answer "Nope". It doesn't look as impressive.

But I could be totally wrong. *shrug*

:sleep:I'm so sleepy as the wait for this school is so long. It has been a week since their application deadline. Does anyone hear anything from the school?

Hi,
Anyone who is approved for IPBP for admission in 2012 at Western University? I just received approval to give internal assessment exam and interview in March 2012.:)

Hi,
Anyone who is approved for IPBP for admission in 2012 at Western University? I just received approval to give internal assessment exam and interview in March 2012.:)

Whats IPBP ? which school did u go for ur undergraduate?

Hi,
Hi!
I also got an interview for March 31 2012 for the IPBP program! I'm so excited, but I have no idea what to expect. The IA study guide wont be available until a few days later, right?
Anyways, what country are you from? I'm from Australia and graduated from my B Pharm last year and am almost finished my internship :)

What is IPBP?

IPBP is a program within the Pharm D program at Western U for specifically for international pharmacists who want to get registered in USA (since most international pharmacists do not qualify to take the international equivalency exam anymore). It allows them to do the course in 3 years instead of 4. I think the course is also for local pharmacists in the USA who have a B Pharm (thus graduated many years ago before the Pharm D program was introduced) and want to advance their career by obtaining a Pharm D.

anyone else receive interview invite from Western ??

No I haven't heard anything from them yet .. just asking if anyone did hear back from them