2017-2018 A.T. Still University - Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine (ATSU-KCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm not sure you'll have to ask when you interview. I didn't get a chance to ask I was so focused on the interview lol. I know it sounds awful of me lol.

It's all good, I appreciate what you have told me so far. I can understand wanting to focus on the interview. Were you super nervous?

Members don't see this ad.

Will be withdrawing my acceptance, hope my spot goes to one of you guys. Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Application submitted 10/3 and marked complete 10/17. II on 10/17, scheduled for December.

Does anyone know where to find a KCOM match list for last year or any recent years?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think I should call/email admissions asking about the status of my application? I have been complete since 8/14 and have heard nothing. :(

Last edited:
Do you think I should call/email admissions asking about the status of my application? I have been complete since 8/14 and have heard nothing. :(
I called them and they said to be patient. They have a lot of applications and they will get to us!

Reactions: 1 users
I have canceled my interview for the PM session on Friday, December 15th, 2017. I hope it goes to one of you waiting for one! Good luck!

I withdrew my upcoming interview here for Monday. I hope one of you gets the spot! Good luck, everyone! This is a great school.

Last edited:
I'm really excited to interview here. It seems like a great school. How's the attached hospital?

the hospital is pretty small as you would expect. there are a few attached residency programs there with very few spots. you have the opportunity to shadow and stuff if you want. it's not required or even expected. it is what you make of it. most of the attendings there are happy to have you. you don't get much experience there as MS1/2, but obviously you will if you stay in kirksville for MS3/4.

First II today! Feels great to say that! Complete 9/18.

Accepted today!!!! Interviewed on 10/23

Reactions: 1 users
Put on hold post-interview. Decision to be made January 24th. A little bummed, but definitely glad it isn’t a rejection!

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how long you have to put down a deposit if you interview in December (if accepted)?

Accepted today! Wow, can’t believe it!

Patiently waiting for a II ....dead silence for a couple months now

II email, but only if I complete 20 more hrs of shadowing with an osteopathic physician. Based on everyone's opinion/first impressions, it definitely seems worth it. It's been around two months since I was complete, so don't lose hope for those of you still waiting!

I’m interviewing on 11/20 and I’m super pumped! If anyone has any words of advice please feel free to PM me or reply to this! Thank you :)

I’m interviewing on 11/20 and I’m super pumped! If anyone has any words of advice please feel free to PM me or reply to this! Thank you :)

Just be yourself! The interviews were very laid back and conversational. You'll have the opportunity to talk to a ton of student ambassadors while on your tour, take advantage of it! The student body seems super collaborative which I liked. I had a random M1/M2 wish me luck on my interview before walking into the admin building. I loved the place, but I may be biased!

Would you mind sharing some of the questions that were different from the standard “why D.O.” “Why medicine” and “why our school?”

Didn't schedule an II, hope it goes to someone who loves this school!

Withdrawing my interview for 12/4 if any of you want to take it

Got into a school in my home state and its just too much financially to keep going on interviews
Make sense, i am still chasing that one acceptance. Draining my bank account and maxing my credit cards until it happens. And grats friends, so what school did you get into?

Can any current students provide some insight on where they live? What they recommend, etc..? I can private message if that is easier. Thanks.

Can any current students provide some insight on where they live? What they recommend, etc..? I can private message if that is easier. Thanks.

i lived in student housing. highly recommend it. granted, it's not the most luxurious place but it is cheap and close to campus. those were my priorities.

Has anyone that interviewed on November 6th heard back from admissions?