2017-2018 A.T. Still University - School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hope they aren’t done calling people :/

Members don't see this ad.

Hope they aren’t done calling people :/

I think someone mentioned earlier that they call over multiple days. So tmmrw and Friday may happen, although I haven’t seen evidence for that on and. If you don’t get a rejection email tonight keep your hopes up!

If we didn't get a call today should we assume we got rejected or wait listed?:(

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted!! Interviewed 12/1

Reactions: 1 user
II 3/9! Still unsure if I'm going to attend as I've been accepted to other schools, but the 1+3 model is really tempting and would like to know more about it!

Reactions: 1 users
Any 2-4th years here that can answer some of my questions?

II 3/9! Still unsure if I'm going to attend as I've been accepted to other schools, but the 1+3 model is really tempting and would like to know more about it!

Same, is an interview this late pretty much a wait list spot anyways? Anybody know what CHC's are still open?

Hey, any current students that I can speak to about CHCs?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
"Good Afternoon All,

We want to notify you that due to high demand and limited seating, we are interviewing pending an open seat in the class. Please let us know if your plans should change and also if you happen to have any questions or concerns. Thank you."

Kind Regards,

Admissions Office

This is an e-mail I just received, and I interview on 1/26. Is this for a waitlist spot now?

"Good Afternoon All,

We want to notify you that due to high demand and limited seating, we are interviewing pending an open seat in the class. Please let us know if your plans should change and also if you happen to have any questions or concerns. Thank you."

Kind Regards,

Admissions Office

This is an e-mail I just received, and I interview on 1/26. Is this for a waitlist spot now?
Yes, just talked to admissions. Interviewing for waitlist.

II for mid March but since I got this email from admissions today, I'll cancel it. I already have an acceptance and I cant spend more money interviewing for a waitlist.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone have an idea of how many people are waitlisted, and how many people are accepted off of the waitlist?

Just gave up my interview spot for January 26th. Hopefully this helps out a fellow applicant. Good look, folks!!

Is it a traditional waitlist or do they accept you in the next cycle if you get accepted, and there are no seats left?

Where did you choose to go instead and why?

Defer to next cycle

If you do get accepted for next cycle, do you have to sign a contract saying that you won't apply to any other schools or post-baccs?

I received this response from admissions:

No, basically we need to fill 108 seats, many have been filled that paid their pre registration fee. We are continuing to interview until all seats are full and we have received all payments. Does this make sense let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

What do you think this means? I'm confused and sad that we may be interviewing for the waitlist.

No, basically we need to fill 108 seats, many have been filled that paid their pre registration fee. We are continuing to interview until all seats are full and we have received all payments. Does this make sense let me know if you have further questions or concerns.

What do you think this means? I'm confused and sad that we may be interviewing for the waitlist.
That’s so confusing. Pre-reg fee? Deposits?

Last edited:
That’s so confusing. Pre-reg fee? Deposits? So I guess those of us waiting to hear back from December interview shouldn’t have hope ?? :(
I really really really wish I knew. Maybe they have the class filled but people haven't made the deposit quite yet.

This contradicts the notification/update in the email we received today. I'll go with the email - which means that as of today they have [at least] 108 outstanding/valid acceptance offers; a portion of the 108 have paid the deposit, the rest are still within the dateline. As of today, we are interviewing for the waitlist unless, 1) the email [inadvertently] conveyed the wrong message/state of the 2022 class, or 2) people with acceptance offers decline them before our interview.

?

Reactions: 1 users
This contradicts the notification/update in the email we received today. I'll go with the email - which means that as of today they have [at least] 108 outstanding/valid acceptance offers; a portion of the 108 have paid the deposit, the rest are still within the dateline. As of today, we are interviewing for the waitlist unless, 1) the email [inadvertently] conveyed the wrong message/state of the 2022 class, or 2) people with acceptance offers decline them before our interview.

?
Sadly, I do.

Those who have been accepted and submitted their CHC ranking- have any of you received your CHC site yet? Any idea how long it takes? Just curious- thanks so much!

I withdrew my application/backed out of my March II. I have acceptances elsewhere. Good luck to the rest of you still in the running for this school!

Withdrew my acceptance today because I got into my instate school! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For current SOMA students, are there any research opportunities?

For current Soma students:

I would greatly appreciate if I could meet with one of you - I am interviewing at the end of January and am already in town, in Gilbert; actually I go to the fitness center at the Y daily - so we could meet there, at the school, or at a coffee shop.
I am very interested to learn abut this unique and intriguing curriculum (1+3) and the CHC's.

I also received the email stating they would continue to interview until all their seats were full. I'm confused with that response compared to the first email they sent saying they are still interviewing pending an open seat.

Just received an II and scheduled for next week 1/26th. any advice? is it worth going? what kind of interview is it!?

Read through this thread and some of your questions will be answered!

Received an interview invite for 3/9... I'm trying to decide if it's worth the flight from Minnesota since it's sooo late in the process ):

Haven't heard anything yet.
They made it seem like we’d hear back in the beginning of jan for sure :( not sure what’s up since they usually have decisions sent out within 2-3 weeks. I know the holiday break would push it back a bit but I really didn’t think it would push it to more than 5 weeks.

They made it seem like we’d hear back in the beginning of jan for sure :( not sure what’s up since they usually have decisions sent out within 2-3 weeks. I know the holiday break would push it back a bit but I really didn’t think it would push it to more than 5 weeks.
I know what you mean because I got that impression as well! I guess we just have to keep waiting :/

If you don't have an acceptance elsewhere..
You don’t really have any basis on which to make this comment. Please come back to the thread when you can have mature discussion about this school and it’s pros/cons

I never said the rejection wasnt fair. We both werent right for each other. However, I will be humble.. unless someone wants to start calling me "butthurt." I give tenfold what I get.

Also, dont be a hypocritical *****. Dont presume to insult me then tell me to "start acting like it." What a fool.
Enjoy graduating from your “top tier” DO med school and subsequently not getting ranked by any programs for residency since your attitude will come out in the residency interview.

You don’t really have any basis on which to make this comment. Please come back to the thread when you can have mature discussion about this school and it’s pros/cons
It has nothing to do with the school. At this point either you have an acceptance and had to place a deposit or you don't. If they already have an acceptance I don't think it's worth the expense to travel from Minnesota. Take your anger out on the person actually dissing the school

Reactions: 2 users