2017-2018 A.T. Still University - School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete August 1, MCAT 502/ uGPA 3.1 / sGPA 3.2/ grad GPA 3.2/ MPH GPA 3.5
3000+ patient care 1000+ hours volunteering
Thank you for sharing, and good luck :)
I've been complete September 5th so I guess I have a long wait to do lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call! I got in! I'm so excited!

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted! Interviewed 9/15. Received a call. Official email will be sent in the next week or two.

Reactions: 1 users
JUST GOT THE CALLL!!!!!!!! Interviewed 09/15

Complete August 1, MCAT 502/ uGPA 3.1 / sGPA 3.2/ grad GPA 3.2/ MPH GPA 3.5
3000+ patient care 1000+ hours volunteering
do you know what the available interveiw dates are? im at work and i just saw i got an interview (sent today), but I forgot my login and password to check available interview dates. Dec 1 is awfully late if thats the only one

Members don't see this ad :)
do you know what the available interveiw dates are? im at work and i just saw i got an interview (sent today), but I forgot my login and password to check available interview dates. Dec 1 is awfully late if thats the only one
December 1 was full when I went on - December 15 was the only one available when I went on

II today! Looks like next avail interview is 12/1

II received today! Complete 9/26, and interviewing 10/16! I am baffled at how fast this has gone for me! Especially for non-spectacular stats. Feeling very fortunate right now

II received today! Complete 9/26, and interviewing 10/16! I am baffled at how fast this has gone for me! Especially for non-spectacular stats. Feeling very fortunate right now
Congrats! Thats weird though...I got an invite a few weeks ago and only date available was 12/1 :/

Congrats! Thats weird though...I got an invite a few weeks ago and only date available was 12/1 :/
I went straight to December dates when choosing an interview day and the earliest then was Dec 8th, but I decided to check Oct. and Nov. just to make sure, and I was baffled when I saw Oct. 16th was open. I am getting into that window of being between traditional and non-traditional, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the decision, or if it was sheer dumb luck...good luck with your interview though!

Rejected. Complete early August. ~3.5 ~510 and quite a lot of volunteer hours. Surprised but oh well. Good luck all

Just got an interview invite email!

Congrats. When were you complete and what's the first available date if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks! I got the application complete email back on August 7th. The available I saw was January 26th.

Complete since August still haven't heard anything :/ Looking back at my essays.. they could have been written much better.

Does anyone know when the class fills up? Next available date 01/26.

II yesterday! Was complete 9/19. 1/26 was the next and only available date for interview. I also noticed there was a sentence towards the top of the scheduling page which said something along the lines of "pending an open seat in the class" - is that boilerplate or are we interviewing for the waitlist?

For those of you who have interviewed: any suggestions on hotels to stay at (free shuttle/lower prices) and how to get to campus from PHX airport?

EDIT: I do have the list of hotels but just wondering if anyone knows which one would be most recommended in terms of shuttle (won't have a car) and/or distance to uber?

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you who have interviewed: any suggestions on hotels to stay at (free shuttle/lower prices) and how to get to campus from PHX airport?

EDIT: I do have the list of hotels but just wondering if anyone knows which one would be most recommended in terms of shuttle (won't have a car) and/or distance to uber?
Hampton is two minutes from the school! I stayed there. Very nice. Other students got Ubers easily from there.

I have an interview on October 13th and ideally would like to interview in November or December (I have an interview at my top choice in 2 weeks so I'm trying to save money if I can by pushing this one back to see if I get in my top choice). Is anyone interested in switching w/me who currently has an interview in Nov/Dec? Not sure if this is even possible logistically in the admissions office but I figured I'd throw it out there to see!

I have an interview on October 13th and ideally would like to interview in November or December (I have an interview at my top choice in 2 weeks so I'm trying to save money if I can by pushing this one back to see if I get in my top choice). Is anyone interested in switching w/me who currently has an interview in Nov/Dec? Not sure if this is even possible logistically in the admissions office but I figured I'd throw it out there to see!
PM’d

It took about 25-30 minutes to get from PHX to Mesa via Uber! There's an uber/lyft drop off and pick up zone that's nicely set up at the airport, so I wouldn't worry about it. Cost wasn't too bad either. I booked the Windemere hotel because it was cheap and I'm on a budget -- would not recommend though. The Wifi sucks, and though it's advertised by Soma to have a shuttle, the hotel doesn't have one. So I had to Uber to the school and back multiple times. Hampton Inn was much closer to the school; not sure about shuttle service, but the Uber rides would be cheaper if you stayed there. Best of luck!

Me!! Mine is December 15

Interview Invite yesterday at noon PST. Scheduled for the 27th of January. Why are these interviews so late? I hope they aren't for the waitlist.

PM'd you have an interview on December 15th

If you want to switch your interview date call the admissions office and there super nice there’s a waitlist for a few days.

Has anyone received an interview here with a sub 500 MCAT?
Yes. I got below a 500 and I have an interview here on October 13th, as well as another interview at a different school in a few weeks. Also, I have a large amount of patient contact hours and tons of mission work experience. If you are able to strengthen your application in other areas, then you still have a solid chance of getting an interview invite at a number of schools (probably DO only)

Do they send out rejections here? I was complete in early August and haven't heard anything back.

I know I should know this but going through the posts created a little confusion...so now MMI right just 1-1 and possible small group activity?? Any past interviewees have any tips for the interview day as well!?

I know I should know this but going through the posts created a little confusion...so now MMI right just 1-1 and possible small group activity?? Any past interviewees have any tips for the interview day as well!?

I was accepted like two weeks ago. I have to say it was the most amazing interview experience and I’ve been on five interviews so far. Small group activity. MMI. “Speed dating” which is 3 minutes per station with 8 stations. Then, a one on one! They truly knew who I was by the end, and if I’d be a good fit there. I wish every school did this interview process. I’d say go to the Dean’s welcome the night before, it helps break the ice and relax you for interview day. For interview day, I think the best advice is to know yourself and then just be yourself. The interview process was very long, 2 1/2 hours I think. So keep up your stamina! Good luck!

wow alright!! I am so excited yet so nervous, my interview got moved up by two months haha so I feel like I won't be prepared. Did they try to trip you up on any questions? feel free to PM me as well