2017-2018 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good luck to everyone interviewing today! Don't be shy about pm'ing me if any of you want to meet up today!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeap, saw the interview group today, too. Good luck, guys, I'll tag along if any of you decide to contact GBCrzzyy and eat out ;P

Reactions: 1 user
just wanted to make sure for the secondary all you had to do was attach the essay and hit upload after the payment and general questions, seemed a bit too simple to me

The interview was great! Super relaxed, and my nerves were gone after 20 seconds in. All my questions were very straight forward. I will say some of the other interviewees said they had more difficult questions, but I really enjoyed my interview. We laughed the entire time and even went over the 30 mins

Reactions: 13 users
ACOM was AMAZING! The faculty is super welcoming, and honest about their expectations/goals for the school. The student ambassadors were happy and excited to have us. My interviewers were super nice. Be prepared for ethics, why DO, why ACOM, etc. most importantly have fun, and be professional.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 users
Hope the folks I talked to at the comfort inn did well. Keep me updated with things.

Interview was really chill! It was so chill that it has me worried it was too easy :joyful:. Also, they are super passionate about making sure their students do well! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 5 users
T-10 days until I interview, getting so stoked! Looking forward to meeting those interviewing on 8/25.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED!!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 9 users
Congrats guys!!! Very exciting! Looking forward to the interview this friday :)

Reactions: 1 users
I got a secondary invite on July 7 and submitted it on July 11. I was waiting for the decision but it was taking a long time and finally they emailed me last Thursday but it said I was missing documents (my letter of recommendations). However, I submitted them through AACOMAS, so that's weird. I emailed the person who does the supplemental application and the admissions office, they haven't responded.

I am pretty sure they are busy with the interviews. Should I call them instead?

Secondary received: 08/15
Secondary complete and under review 08/16

Last edited:
II 3.56 503

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Date complete?

The 10th, reapplicant, had troubles with letters of rec (both years now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey those of you interviewing this coming week (8/25 interview), anyone want to share a rental car? Im going to grab one. PM me if your interested.

Silly question for accepted folks, we are essentially good as long as we put down our deposit by Dec 14th?

Got the email saying no interview at this time but I am on a waiting list. I didn't know they did interview waiting lists. Good luck to everyone interviewing and still waiting for that interview!

Reactions: 1 users
Got the email saying no interview at this time but I am on a waiting list. I didn't know they did interview waiting lists. Good luck to everyone interviewing and still waiting for that interview!

There is a waiting list for post-interview AND pre-interview?

Is there a portal where we can check our application status or do we wait for an e-mail? I am getting SO ANXIOUS! I NEED AT LEAST ONE II :(

Is there a portal where we can check our application status or do we wait for an e-mail? I am getting SO ANXIOUS! I NEED AT LEAST ONE II :(

Omg same lol. I feel like after I get that first 1, my anxiety will simmer down sooooo much

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Good luck to everyone interviewing today! If anyone wants to talk to a current first year while they are here just send me a PM and we can meet up!

To everyone still waiting for interviews, I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Reactions: 3 users
Omg same lol. I feel like after I get that first 1, my anxiety will simmer down sooooo much

Same here! I feel like at least one interview invite will help me calm down, but ONE acceptance will completely diminish my stress levels! Good luck to you :)

That Alabama acceptance feels so good. You guys will LOVE the school when you interview!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
Anybody in Dothan want to get some food tonight?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Complete date?

By the way, if anyone had any doubts about this school on a boards-preparation level, the COMLEX first time pass rate jumped up from a 89/90% to close to a 94.7% for the past year.

Reactions: 2 users
By the way, if anyone had any doubts about this school on a boards-preparation level, the COMLEX first time pass rate jumped up from a 89/90% to close to a 94.7% for the past year.

Probably more attributable to the class average MCAT going from 23 to 27+. Board prep and scores really tends to be due to the work put in by the individual

Probably more attributable to the class average MCAT going from 23 to 27+. Board prep and scores really tends to be due to the work put in by the individual

Where did you get those stats?