2017-2018 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just canceled my interview! If anyone is looking for an earlier interview date, there is a November 10th and November 17th date available.

Members don't see this ad.

Just canceled my interview! If anyone is looking for an earlier interview date, there is a November 10th and November 17th date available.
Thanks just got the November 17th one! About how far of a drive from Destin, FL is it? I could get a flight out at 5:30PM after the interview but want to make sure I have enough time to do that.

Thanks just got the November 17th one! About how far of a drive from Destin, FL is it? I could get a flight out at 5:30PM after the interview but want to make sure I have enough time to do that.

According to google maps its a 2 hour 6 minute drive. Interview day ended at 3 pm for me. You should get a later flight.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
According to google maps its a 2 hour 6 minute drive. Interview day ended at 3 pm for me. You should get a later flight.

agreed. Also don't forget the time difference? (don't know if there's one to Destin, but if there is, that'd be important)

Both of the November dates are filled. But a February 23rd date opened up for anyone trying to get in earlier than March. Good luck y'all!

nope, this wait is painful!!
As if checking email constantly and keeping phone glued to me on loud wasn’t enough, I check SDN and freak out a little everytime I get an alert.. just to see that it’s someone else saying that they’re doing the same thing hahah keep your heads up 10/27 crew... hopefully we’ll hear this week :) (but seriously hoping by the end of the day tbh)

Reactions: 5 users
As if checking email constantly and keeping phone glued to me on loud wasn’t enough, I check SDN and freak out a little everytime I get an alert.. just to see that it’s someone else saying that they’re doing the same thing hahah keep your heads up 10/27 crew... hopefully we’ll hear this week :) (but seriously hoping by the end of the day tbh)
I'm glad I have classes to distract me, although I still check my phone in between, especially because I'm in the science building basement where there's no reception.
And of course, I check this thread haha.

Reactions: 1 users
All is quiet on the southern front. It's eerie...

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just received an interview invite here but the earliest date was February 23. Safe to assume that is for a waitlist spot? Have heard great things and would really like to see ACOM for myself but I already have another acceptance with a deposit due before the end of the year. Is it worth going to the interview still?

I would say go regardless. If ACOM winds up being a better match for you academically, and you believe that would allow you to be more successful here, than the deposit will be nothing compared to enjoying yourself for the 4 years you are in school. Worst case would
be taking the interview and realizing you like the school you already depositied to is a better fit in which case you lose nothing.

Anyone at the summer field apartment know the price of a studio? I can’t find the costs onljne

I would strongly encourage you too look around at all your options regarding living.
Where does everyone live that already goes to school there??? Are Summerfield apartments worth it? Are there any places to stay away from?

I would strongly encourage you to explore all your options regarding housing. The only real positive about summerfield is it’s location. The price is very high for the area and it can be intense being unable to disconnect since you live on campus. Definetly PM if you have any more questions about this. I have lots more info to provide should you want it.

During a typical week is there one day lighter class-wise? Like is Friday a day where you get out earlier or are all days the same?

There's a rumor that if you go into your bathroom, close the lights, light a candle, and say Bob Willis's name 3 times in the mirror, he will suddenly appear to give you your admissions decision.
Ya know...if someone wants to try it...

Reactions: 10 users
There's a rumor that if you go into your bathroom, close the lights, light a candle, and say Bob Willis's name 3 times in the mirror, he will suddenly appear to give you your admissions decision.
Ya know...if someone wants to try it...
Ya know... it sounds crazy but it might just work. I'm on board. I'll let you know how it goes. Bob Willis might be a very busy man today if so...

I'm just expecting it Friday at the 2-week mark now, and hope I'm surprised earlier.

I would strongly encourage you too look around at all your options regarding living.

I would strongly encourage you to explore all your options regarding housing. The only real positive about summerfield is it’s location. The price is very high for the area and it can be intense being unable to disconnect since you live on campus. Definetly PM if you have any more questions about this. I have lots more info to provide should you want it.

PM’d I’d appreciate your input.

Just got the call. Accepted!

Reactions: 8 users
Accepted!!! Let's goooo

Reactions: 6 users
Just got the call. Accepted!

Reactions: 7 users
ACCCEEEPTEEEEDD! does anyone know what Willis said after offering the acceptance cause I was in shock

Because I’m sure someone will ask: MCAT 504, 3.38 sGPA, 3.51 cGPA. Felt good about my interview but not amazing so I was worried I’d be waitlisted. Sent TY cards to my interviewers via snail mail the Sat after my interview.

Last edited:
ACCCEEEPTEEEEDD! does anyone know what Willis said after offering the acceptance cause I was in shock
Basically that you'd receive an email about how to put down a deposit, etc.

WOOOO congrats everyone accepted from Oct. 27!

..still waiting on the call for me...

I got accepted too!! Who's actually trying to go to the school?

Mind giving me a PM on this as well?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I got accepted too!! Who's actually trying to go to the school?
At this point if I don't get a state school to show me love I'll end up going to ACOM. I've paid my deposit and everything.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Accepted!!!! Missed the call because I was in the middle of a molecular bio exam but getting that voicemail made it all better lol

Congrats on those with acceptances today! Quick question. When you got the interview was it between the 3 week mark? Mine is today, but I am not sure if I should say something or not.

Congrats on those with acceptances today! Quick question. When you got the interview was it between the 3 week mark? Mine is today, but I am not sure if I should say something or not.
Yes it was within 2 weeks I believe

I got waitlisted :/ trying to stay positive, and now I'm gonna work to get that acceptance!
Would appreciate any advice from previously waitlisted people too!

I got waitlisted :/ trying to stay positive, and now I'm gonna work to get that acceptance!
Would appreciate any advice from previously waitlisted people too!

I got waitlisted, too. But ACOM said 50% of last year's waitlist got off of it and accepted, so I'm hoping for it!

Reactions: 2 users
I think it was ranked by "tiers." Don't know if it was by time of interview or stats. People were mentioning it last cycle.

Waitlist is ranked yea, and they have a 35 to 45% acceptance rate off the waitlist. At least that's what they told us during my interview

Hey does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked or unranked?
They said that they have a internal ranking that nobody but admissions sees/it’s not something that they ever release to students or applicants. Your best bet is to follow up with more personalized thank you cards, highlighting why you want ACOM, get interview feedback, and do more to improve your resume (shadow, more letters of recommendation, volunteer, etc)

accepted today a little before 2! I got the phone call at work. So incredibly excited and grateful :D:love:

Accepted! Anyone know the list of matriculation documents needed and the due dates?