2017-2018 Albany Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Having a similar issue with the completion status, submitted secondary/payment on 7/21. Still today (9/16) it states that my application is incomplete. Letters received, scores received, yada yada. I do not think there is anything else I can do on my end.

I emailed them 8/15 and they replied saying "we have not processed every application"
I called them on 9/1 and they stated "we are inundated with applications"

Anyone else still have "File NOT complete and NOT under review"?

Members don't see this ad.

URM nontrad 512 MCAT 3.2 cGPA 3.6sGPA with a strong upward trend. Finished undergrad while raising three kids, great EC and some research. Worth sending secondary?

Having a similar issue with the completion status, submitted secondary/payment on 7/21. Still today (9/16) it states that my application is incomplete. Letters received, scores received, yada yada. I do not think there is anything else I can do on my end.

I emailed them 8/15 and they replied saying "we have not processed every application"
I called them on 9/1 and they stated "we are inundated with applications"

Anyone else still have "File NOT complete and NOT under review"?

I submitted my secondary on 9/7, submitted my letters to that school on 9/7, and then was marked complete with letters downloaded on 9/9.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
anyone interviewing on the 25th of September?

II! complete 2 weeks ago, OOS

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who scheduled an interview how does this work....lmao. I uploaded the picture and I'm on the response form how is filling out the essay necessary to pick a date? I haven't really changed much since I submitted.

Anyone who scheduled an interview how does this work....lmao. I uploaded the picture and I'm on the response form how is filling out the essay necessary to pick a date? I haven't really changed much since I submitted.
Hmmmm... I had a small update so I didn't really have this problem. Have you tried just clicking section complete or whatever? If that doesn't work I would just put N/A. However, after the interview they said they will accept no updates after the interview except grades, so be absolutely sure you have done NOTHING because this is your last chance.

My application has all "yes" except for the file complete portion

It has been several weeks, is this normal?

Anyone mind sharing a few facts about AMC? OOS, so I am just looking to gather more insight on the school and area.

Anyone mind sharing a few facts about AMC? OOS, so I am just looking to gather more insight on the school and area.

Preface: most of this stuff they say during the tour in the interview, but I googled "Albany Medical college student Life" and " Albany Medical College curriculum" for some info before.

It's a tertiary Care center, and the biggest employer in the Albany area. It's 2ish hours from Boston, NYC, and Montreal. They have a 100% match, at least for last cycle. They are a modified pass/fail. They have a distinctions program which is kind of like honors. Not sure what else you want to know, but let me know if you have specific questions!

Rejected a few days ago, LizzyM 68 complete late July :/

Do we just leave the section about academic inconsistencies blank if we don't have anything really to discuss? I feel like I'd be better off just not drawing attention to the inconsistency-like things on my app. Like I got a 125 on the bio section of the MCAT while performing better on the other sections, but why would I want to draw attention to that when it's not an abysmal score to begin with and has the potential to raise a few eyebrows if I make them hyper-focus on it since it's the subject most directly related to medicine? I also got a C in a class many years ago, while everything else on my transcript is an A, but again, is drawing attention to something that shouldn't really be a big deal something I want to do?

I'm a bit conflicted on whether I want to turn in my secondary here. It seems like they mass reject a lot of people, and it's a rather lengthy secondary.

Do we just leave the section about academic inconsistencies blank if we don't have anything really to discuss? I feel like I'd be better off just not drawing attention to the inconsistency-like things on my app. Like I got a 125 on the bio section of the MCAT while performing better on the other sections, but why would I want to draw attention to that when it's not an abysmal score to begin with and has the potential to raise a few eyebrows if I make them hyper-focus on it since it's the subject most directly related to medicine? I also got a C in a class many years ago, while everything else on my transcript is an A, but again, is drawing attention to something that shouldn't really be a big deal something I want to do?

I'm a bit conflicted on whether I want to turn in my secondary here. It seems like they mass reject a lot of people, and it's a rather lengthy secondary.
It's up to you if you can turn that into something positive. Explaining something negative and then leaving it at that won't do you any favors!

They sent out invites over weekend?
I received the invite on 9/18, I have been traveling/on call at work so this was my first opportunity to post! I have no idea if they send II on the weekend, but I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility!

Hoping for an II from this school. Silence since the middle of July.

Anyone know if Albany is receptive to in the area emails? Will be in New York in December (from California) and it would be nice to not have to pay for two trips. I know they aren't receptive to updates but I couldn't find any information on ITA emails. Thanks!

Anyone know approximately what percentage of applicants interviewed are offered an acceptance?

Anyone know approximately what percentage of applicants interviewed are offered an acceptance?
It seems like most medical schools accept about two times the size of their entering class, or a little under half of the people they interview. So out of Albany's ~650 interview invites, they probably accept about 268 for their class size of 134.

It seems like most medical schools accept about two times the size of their entering class, or a little under half of the people they interview. So out of Albany's ~650 interview invites, they probably accept about 268 for their class size of 134.

Keep in mind Albany has ~30 slots in their class already from various programs. So the number that matriculate is probably around 100 from the 650 interviews.

Anyone who interviewed on the 25th want to chime in about how their experience was??

II for October 31st! (complete 9/6, II on 9/18). After the interviews do any other interviewers want to have a Halloween party, get really drunk and forget about the stressful medical school application process?

Reactions: 8 users
II for October 31st! (complete 9/6, II on 9/18). After the interviews do any other interviewers want to have a Halloween party, get really drunk and forget about the stressful medical school application process?

wow congrats that's fast! stats? are you a URM?

wow congrats that's fast! stats? are you a URM?
I was surprised how fast I heard from them. No, and my LizzyM was 70. Not really sure what they liked about me, I have had some interesting experiences and several publications, or I was just really persuasive in my essays ha.

I was surprised how fast I heard from them. No, and my LizzyM was 70. Not really sure what they liked about me, I have had some interesting experiences and several publications, or I was just really persuasive in my essays ha.

Are you instate?

haven't heard anything from them and i've been complete since 7/15. im hoping that my application didnt fall through the cracks :/