2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone here help me find a list of AZCOM rotation cites in Chicago? I can't find anything online

Members don't see this ad.

There’s about 1000 people on interview waitlist according to the admissions office.

Members don't see this ad :)
There’s about 1000 people on interview waitlist according to the admissions office.

Are you serious? That's a ton. We're interviewing for how many spots then? Like less than 20?

I guess waitlist is better than rejected, but geeze.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Interview WL today. Bench nice and warm for me? I do know one current student who was interviewed from the WL and accepted so don’t lose hope guys. Better than rejected!!

Hey guys! Hope all of you are doing good. Would you guys say that a January interview is a little to late here? As in, would it be for a wait list? Thank you for your help in advance :)

Recently interviewed here. I had a favorable impression of the school, but also had some concerns. Could any current students talk about why they chose AZCOM over other schools considering the crazy cost of attendance? In terms of the testing schedule, a pro is that the frequency of tests can help you stay on top of your work, but I have also read on other forums that it can really wear you down, so any opinions/feedback would be great. Thanks!

For anyone that has paid the deposit, does the accepted checklist still show it as expected? It says I have a credit on my account for the amount due but doesn't like it has been applied.

Attachments

• 20171020_110922.png
    20171020_110922.png
    244.1 KB · Views: 71
For anyone that has paid the deposit, does the accepted checklist still show it as expected? It says I have a credit on my account for the amount due but doesn't like it has been applied.
Mine went away immediately
Did you get charged?

II sent early this morning here. Complete on 10/6 (was waiting on new MCAT) 515/3.3gpa

Members don't see this ad :)
For those that have been accepted - did it take the full 2-3 weeks to hear back regarding acceptance after the interview?

For those that have been accepted - did it take the full 2-3 weeks to hear back regarding acceptance after the interview?

It was less than a week turnaround time for me and I think we heard back the same time as the 9/19 (or 9/18?) interview. Interviewed 9/21, portal change 9/26, email acceptance 9/27.

Anyone from the interviewing group from last Tuesday (October 17th)? Seems like people hear back pretty quick from other groups. Has anyone heard anything?

Anyone from the interviewing group from last Tuesday (October 17th)? Seems like people hear back pretty quick from other groups. Has anyone heard anything?

I interviewed on October 18th and have not heard anything. I'm assuming I'll hear back later this week based on previous posts in this thread.

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed on the 18th and my accepted checklist was updated so I'm hoping it means I'm in

Interviewed on the 18th and my accepted checklist was updated so I'm hoping it means I'm in
Do you have access to the acceptance check list or can you just view the tab?

I haven't heard anything yet :/

Interviewed here last Monday, October 16, and just got accepted via phone and email

Reactions: 3 users
II email on 10/24 but when I went to schedule that evening, no spots before January were open. Does anyone know if it's likely November or December spots will open?

Interviewed here last Monday, October 16, and just got accepted via phone and email
Congrats! making me anxious :p. Hopefully that means I'll hear back today or tomorrow as I interviewed on Tuesday 17th.

II email on 10/24 but when I went to schedule that evening, no spots before January were open. Does anyone know if it's likely November or December spots will open?

Keep an eye on this thread and the available interview dates through the CARS portal. Someone is bound to cancel their November or December interviews.

So I have an accepted checklist that says “expected” next to matriculation agreement and technical standards form, but I can’t click the link to complete it. What does this mean?

So I have an accepted checklist that says “expected” next to matriculation agreement and technical standards form, but I can’t click the link to complete it. What does this mean?

Same. I think it means we’re accepted. I think it takes an additional day or two to verify everything once the decision is made.

Last edited:
Hey all, my portal was updated and I can now see a list of my completed prereqs in the applicant checklist, but my bachelors degree is not marked as missing, it’s marked as complete (has the green check mark next to it and is not marked as needed). Is it safe to say that I’ve been waitlisted considering I do not have access to the accepted checklist? Trying to stay positive until I get full confirmation

Hey all, my portal was updated and I can now see a list of my completed prereqs in the applicant checklist, but my bachelors degree is not marked as missing, it’s marked as complete (has the green check mark next to it and is not marked as needed). Is it safe to say that I’ve been waitlisted considering I do not have access to the accepted checklist? Trying to stay positive until I get full confirmation
That usually means you are on the alternate list. AZCOM tends to accept quite a few people from the alternate list.

So for rotations, is East Valley or West Valley Phoenix typically better? If possible, I don't want to have to move between my 2nd and 3rd year. What are your guys thoughts?
I'm from the area. Can't speak too much of rotation sites, but the students I know from there haven't needed to move. In AZ- you're going to be driving a lot no matter where you live. It's a very spread out state. Doubt you'd need to move regardless of which area you do rotations in. East Valley is a bit more densely populated than West though.

I'm from the area. Can't speak too much of rotation sites, but the students I know from there haven't needed to move. In AZ- you're going to be driving a lot no matter where you live. It's a very spread out state. Doubt you'd need to move regardless of which area you do rotations in. East Valley is a bit more densely populated than West though.

Born and raised in Glendale. I agree with this.

I have the accepted student checklist on my portal!!! Other accepted students, how long did it take for you all to get an email after noticing your portal change?!?

Reactions: 2 users
So for rotations, is East Valley or West Valley Phoenix typically better? If possible, I don't want to have to move between my 2nd and 3rd year. What are your guys thoughts?
Have you received the rotation preference email?

I see a list of my completed prereqs in the applicant checklist, but my bachelors degree is marked as missing. Does this mean I've been rejected?

I felt really good about the interview too...

I see a list of my completed prereqs in the applicant checklist, but my bachelors degree is marked as missing. Does this mean I've been rejected?

I felt really good about the interview too...

Sounds like you were placed on the alternative list

Received my first ever II from AZCOM today!!
Anyone have suggestions on how I should prepare for the interview?
Ill be interviewing towards the end of January.

EDIT: Im OOS/LM:68

Received my first ever II from AZCOM today!!
Anyone have suggestions on how I should prepare for the interview?
Ill be interviewing towards the end of January.

EDIT: Im OOS/LM:68

I heard a range of experiences from different people on my interview day and I think it really depends on who you get for your interviewer. I would say prepare for the generic questions (why DO/medicine/AZCOM) and otherwise maybe review some ethical questions/your file. Best advice is to come off as a normal person who can hold a conversation though! I thought I royally screwed myself over with a question but I still managed to make them laugh (at me?) a few times so I guess it worked out.