2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like this is a baby notch up from outright rejection. I'll take it!

3.3 sgpa, 510 mcat...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre interview waitlist as well. 3.31 cGPA, MCAT 505.

Members don't see this ad :)
Looking at last years thread it was around January that they said they would review the file again and then interviews from January all the way until around may. It seems like AZCOM screens for a MCAT cutoff for the first batch of interviews and acceptances but Im not sure what the number is.

above 505, got stuck on the list. ):

Submitted secondary June 30. Waiting for next steps!!

Still radio silent for me. Not sure if that's a good thing or not

Are you sure that's the only criteria? @BobbyKoch seems to have been waitlisted with a 510? :eek:
Pretty sure for those with a decent GPA as well, I looked at last years thread. So if Bobbys GPA is a little low that would be why. I believe anyways from looking at last years. A 506,507 with a 3.5 gets you a II. Basically above there average last year.
I don't think so. I am around a 505 and have not been waitlisted.
I don't think so. I am around a 505 and have not been waitlisted.
Did you get your II invitation, I have a GPA over 3.5 and a 505. I was waitlisted this morning for the II. I am happy but sad at the same time.

Pretty sure for those with a decent GPA as well, I looked at last years thread. So if Bobbys GPA is a little low that would be why. I believe anyways from looking at last years. A 506,507 with a 3.5 gets you a II. Basically above there average last year.

Did you get your II invitation, I have a GPA over 3.5 and a 505. I was waitlisted this morning for the II. I am happy but sad at the same time.

My GPA is really high so I have not been waitlisted. Have not gotten an II yet because I am still waiting on my LORs. Maybe its a good sign and they are just waiting for my letters at this point to offer me an interview???

My GPA is really high so I have not been waitlisted. Have not gotten an II yet because I am still waiting on my LORs. Maybe its a good sign and they are just waiting for my letters at this point to offer me an interview???
Sounds like it, you will probably get one writhin 48 hours after the LORs are in. They are really fast at completing the applications at this school.

pretty sure they wont evaluate your application until your LORs are submitted.

Yikes, these decisions are coming out fast. I submitted mine 2 days ago. I'm hoping my MCAT and high SMP GPA keep me afloat.

Anyone interviewing 9/1? Anyone know if AZCOM has a host program?

Last edited:
I was complete a week ago (all LORs & secondary) but haven't heard anything from them yet.

OOS, LizzyM ~69-70
Really hoping to hear something soon. This wasn't my top choice DO school before applying but I'm really interested in it at this point. Is there anyone here who is an HPSP student at AZCOM?

Mine says I'm complete for AZCOM but I only have one LOR in.. it's from a science professor. Do they not need the physician LOR to be complete unlike CCOM then?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

For all those on the waitlist for interview, keep your head up. I finished my secondary on 9/26 last year and was waitlisted on 10/26. Invited for interview on 2/9 of this year and put on the alternate list on 3/7. Finally accepted yesterday!

Reactions: 6 users
FYI, last year the consensus was that 508 was the pre-II waitlist cut off. I'm in the process of matriculating for this year, so feel free to ask me any questions related to the application process. I'll do my best to answer as fast as possible. Good luck everyone!

Edit: spelling error

Last edited:
FYI, last year the consent was that 508 was the pre-II waitlist cut off. I'm in the process of matriculating for this year, so feel free to ask me any questions related to the application process. I'll do my best to answer as fast as possible. Good luck everyone!

While I do not believe you are incorrect, I don't understand how they can do this given that their average MCAT is a 505. Any insight?

While I do not believe you are incorrect, I don't understand how they can do this given that their average MCAT is a 505. Any insight?

Post-Jan 1 they begin interviewing from their waitlist and I know quite a number of people who were accepted after that so it likely averages out that way.

I think they mean they originally interview about 508 and then interview people off the waitlist underneath that score. People have been waitlisted with a higher MCAT already this year so there is no "formula" regardless.

I think they mean they originally interview about 508 and then interview people off the waitlist underneath that score. People have been waitlisted with a higher MCAT already this year so there is no "formula" regardless.

Exactly right. 508 just seems to be a general number to give people a rough idea based on discussions from last cycle.

Kind of sucks for qualified individuals with 502-505 scores that applied, who may be interested, but end up getting accepted/placing a deposit to another school by December/January.

Kind of sucks for qualified individuals with 502-505 scores that applied, who may be interested, but end up getting accepted/placing a deposit to another school by December/January.
Welcome to the medical school admissions process

Reactions: 2 users
FYI, last year the consensus was that 508 was the pre-II waitlist cut off. I'm in the process of matriculating for this year, so feel free to ask me any questions related to the application process. I'll do my best to answer as fast as possible. Good luck everyone!

Edit: spelling error

Is the cutoff 508 and above or is it above 508?

I know it's semantics but my application is complete and I have a 508.

Applying as an MBS II at the Chicago campus - AZCOM is my first choice. From experience with them the last 3 cycles there is a lot of late waitlist movement so don't give up hope.

So last Tuesday some people heard back from AZCOM regarding status (II or waitlist). I hope that means we hear something today - haven't heard anything since being complete on the 28th of June

II! No e-mail, I checked the portal so check your portals guys!

Reactions: 2 users