2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on the II! I just checked the portal, got an II as well! Awesome - haven't been to Arizona since I was a kid.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete 6/23 and also nothing. Feels bad man.

I was complete on 06/28.

I'll link my MDApps account soon as I need to do better at keeping track of secondaries (still so many left to fill out).

Reactions: 1 user
I had literally just checked an hour ago and nothing. I have an II as well!

I'll be there on Aug 30th!

IS, LizzyM 67

Reactions: 3 users
Patiently waiting for my pre med committee to upload my committee letter. They uploaded on Amcas today but looks like they forgot for AACOMAS

Members don't see this ad :)
AZCOM is quick! Received an email with an II within 36 hours of completing my secondary.

Reactions: 2 users
Denied. 3.1 cGPA, 4.0 SMP, 506 MCAT sigh. :(

I expected at least a waitlist hold

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wishing everyone a lot of success this cycle.

August 30th spot filled up already - looks like I'll be there on the 18th

II this morning! scheduled for Sept 19th

Reactions: 1 users
II this morning (via e-mail), scheduled friday Sept 22! from what I could see, only available dates at the time were 9/18 - 9/22. completed 7/6

MCAT 508; cGPA: 3.61; sGPA: 3.40
OOS; went to undergrad in CA

if there's hope for me, there's hope for all of you! good luck everyone

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Complete on 07/03. I am non-trad 3.8 science cumulative, 4.0 masters (2 y), 3.65 all other. First MCAT was 499 last year...Score release for new MCAT is this Tuesday. Hoping to have an update then and they are just holding my app. UGH I hate this.

So just to clarify if you don't get above 507...you won't get an II for now?

Not completely certain but from previous years, it looks like they hold out on interviewing applicants below that 507 mark until January. However, lots of people matriculate with mcats below that

I have a 508 and I got the waitlist too...though that's probably because of my sGPA (c: 3.4, s: 3.1)

II! No e-mail, I checked the portal so check your portals guys!
Dang, I thought I was the first. Congrats! (I did get an email, so if it was up sooner, I have no idea.)

But wow, you scheduled for August 30? Is that the first day they offered? Anything in between then and mid-September (when I scheduled)?

I have been checking my portal like crazy, still no II :(

II as well, scheduled for 9/19, hope to see some of you there!

On a related note, can anyone comment on what interview day is like as well as what hotels people recommend from the list?

II as well, scheduled for 9/19, hope to see some of you there!

On a related note, can anyone comment on what interview day is like as well as what hotels people recommend from the list?
Interview was pretty chill. All the applicants met in a general area and we mingled and were provided coffee/treats. The different programs pulled people away to have a presentation. Then split in two groups - one interviews first, the other does the tour. My interview was with a PhD, DO, and 4th year student. Pretty standard. After all interviews and tour we got lunch.

Interview was pretty chill. All the applicants met in a general area and we mingled and were provided coffee/treats. The different programs pulled people away to have a presentation. Then split in two groups - one interviews first, the other does the tour. My interview was with a PhD, DO, and 4th year student. Pretty standard. After all interviews and tour we got lunch.
Were they open or closed interviews?

Complete 7/10 II 7/12

Just booked my flight. Can anyone comment on the best moves in terms of housing? I'll be flying into PHX. Is there uber/lyft from the airport? Is AirBNB a viable option? Can anyone comment on their experience in Drury Inn & Suites, the recommended hotel? Will the school be able to hold my luggage? I've reviewed the travel info they sent but would just like an outside perspective!

Last edited:
Complete 7/10 II 7/12

Just booked my flight. Can anyone comment on the best moves in terms of housing? I'll be flying into PHX. Is there uber/lyft from the airport? Is AirBNB a viable option? Can anyone comment on their experience in Drury Inn & Suites, the recommended hotel? Will the school be able to hold my luggage? I've reviewed the travel info they sent but would just like an outside perspective!

Phoenix native here, though from the other side of town.

You'll be able to uber from the airport. It's about a ~30 mile drive, so depending on traffic it could take 30 - 45 minutes. The Drury Inn is about 7 miles from the campus of the school, but you shouldn't run into much traffic, especially that early in the morning. There are other, cheaper hotels that are closer if you want. There are some AirBNB close by too, but the school is not really in a popular travel destination, so options may be limited.

edit -- Happy to answer any other questions about Phoenix as well

Phoenix native here, though from the other side of town.

You'll be able to uber from the airport. It's about a ~30 mile drive, so depending on traffic it could take 30 - 45 minutes. The Drury Inn is about 7 miles from the campus of the school, but you shouldn't run into much traffic, especially that early in the morning. There are other, cheaper hotels that are closer if you want. There are some AirBNB close by too, but the school is not really in a popular travel destination, so options may be limited.

edit -- Happy to answer any other questions about Phoenix as well

Thanks for the input! I'll be getting in around 2pm day before my interview and leaving day of. Have any recommendations on food/activities for a half day?

Thanks for the input! I'll be getting in around 2pm day before my interview and leaving day of. Have any recommendations on food/activities for a half day?
I'll preface this by saying I was born and raised on the east side of the valley, so I don't know a ton of what is up near the school aside from my brother's house and a bomb pizzeria right across the street from the campus.

Weather in Phoenix during August is usually around 105 degrees or higher, so its still really hot outside. That will probably limit options for outdoor activities to the evenings or early mornings. There are some great hiking trails up near Glendale, but again, the weather will determine if those are possibilities. Tons of out of town hikers get stranded every summer and have to be rescued.

Phoenix is so big that you can find just about anything here, the only problem is you are probably going to have to drive pretty far to get to it. If you're renting a car, or not afraid to pay for some long Uber rides, Scottsdale and downtown Phoenix are the closest places that have some interesting things to do where you can go on foot once you get there. Plenty of shopping, amazing restaurants or nightlife stuff. If you go a little bit further, you can get to old town Tempe, where most of the ASU students end up at night.

If you're not from the southwest, I highly recommend having some authentic sonoran mexican food while you're in town. Obviously I'm biased, but its amazing. Similar, but not the same as tex-mex or california style mexican food.

Scheduled for an interview in September. Any tips for the interview here? What sorts of things does AZCOM value in its applicants? I.e. is it a commitment to working with underserved, rural medicine etc.?

Scheduled for an interview in September. Any tips for the interview here? What sorts of things does AZCOM value in its applicants? I.e. is it a commitment to working with underserved, rural medicine etc.?
+1

Has anyone had trouble getting their updated score to this school? My score was released on Tuesday and I sent it to AACOMAS on Tuesday. As of today, they hadn't received it. I was complete several weeks ago but haven't heard anything:( would love to interview here

3.7 cgpa 3.8 sgpa 4.0 graduate non trad 400 hrs fam medicine, 8000 hr legal experience.
502 mcat