2017-2018 Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-AZCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hear you. I was waitlisted at a school too and it feels like a rejection, but it's good to remember that because we are so early in the game, a waitlist is actually closer to an acceptance than it is to a rejection! I'd say this wait is WAY WORSE than the MCAT. It's all I think about morning, day and night.
I agree. I forgot about the MCAT, I can't forget about this. I checked the portal @6 am. Why? I don't know. I've gone completely insane.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

I agree. I forgot about the MCAT, I can't forget about this. I checked the portal @6 am. Why? I don't know. I've gone completely insane.

Seriously me too. and since UT time is ahead of AZ it's even worse. Does anyone know for sure if today is the day?

Seriously me too. and since UT time is ahead of AZ it's even worse. Does anyone know for sure if today is the day?
Nobody knows for sure, but on our interview they said they weren't meeting last week due to the holiday, which was Monday. It's possible that its another day though.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who interviewed already/are planning their trip, since the interview days ends around 230pm and hotel checkout times are usually much earlier than that, and we obviously can't show up to AZCOM with our luggage and stuff, did you just have to bite the bullet and end up booking a 2nd night at the hotel?

For those who interviewed already/are planning their trip, since the interview days ends around 230pm and hotel checkout times are usually much earlier than that, and we obviously can't show up to AZCOM with our luggage and stuff, did you just have to bite the bullet and end up booking a 2nd night at the hotel?
You can bring your luggage:) It's very common and they have a room for you to drop your bags while you're at the school!

Reactions: 1 user
Schools are usually aware of this and will allow you to store your luggage while you're interviewing. Just shoot them an email or call and ask.

At least with the MCAT score waiting game I knew when it was going to be released.

Reactions: 3 users
Any indication of when we would hear would be so helpful :( has anyone called the school to ask by any chance?

They told me "once you interview you should know within a week or two after the interview."

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
So I called admissions and the lady on the phone said they will be meeting early next week and that we can expect to hear back on the 18th or 19th.

Reactions: 4 users
So I called admissions and the lady on the phone said they will be meeting early next week and that we can expect to hear back on the 18th or 19th.
Hey thanks for doing that. That's good to know. Man this year is a lot later than the last couple years, but now I can stop checking the portal every 5 minutes.

Reactions: 1 users
No worries, I'll just continue my slow, agonizing death due to anxiety over here.

Reactions: 5 users
I received an email a couple hours ago saying that my application has been put on hold pending possible interview invitation because they cannot anticipate the competitiveness of other applicants, but that my application was still very positive. So is this a good thing, or are they basically just saying that they think my application is good enough for an interview, but they are waiting to see if there will be better applicants later? Lol.

II this morning! Complete 9/8

I received an email a couple hours ago saying that my application has been put on hold pending possible interview invitation because they cannot anticipate the competitiveness of other applicants, but that my application was still very positive. So is this a good thing, or are they basically just saying that they think my application is good enough for an interview, but they are waiting to see if there will be better applicants later? Lol.

It means that you're good enough to get into their school but only after January when they run out of applicants with higher MCAT/GPA lol. They usually interview students on the hold list around January.

It means that you're good enough to get into their school but only after January when they run out of applicants with higher MCAT/GPA lol. They usually interview students on the hold list around January.

Student from the school told me the same thing, typically lower MCAT score interviews start in January. Even though I know this, I obsessively check my portal -_-. We're applying to a lot of the same schools!!

I think most people with sub-507 MCAT get the email.
Yeah I have friends that go here so I'm very familiar with the school and faculty, they love their high numbers and stats.
Student from the school told me the same thing, typically lower MCAT score interviews start in January. Even though I know this, I obsessively check my portal -_-. We're applying to a lot of the same schools!!
haha oh yeah it's because I have applied to 25 programs so I'm sure we are applying to similar schools. Hopefully we get more II soon :)

Yeah I have friends that go here so I'm very familiar with the school and faculty, they love their high numbers and stats.

haha oh yeah it's because I have applied to 25 programs so I'm sure we are applying to similar schools. Hopefully we get more II soon :)
Fingers crossed!!!

ACCEPTED! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
If you've interviewed here...... check your portals.......

I don't see anything that wasn't there the last time I checked. Now I'm scared.

Yup. I see you can now click "accepted checklist" and it brings up a technical form and matriculation agreement. When you click the matriculation agreement that it says that "information is still being processed".

So if I have none of that...does it mean waitlist or still coming. When did you guys who are seeing changes interview? Anyone from 8/29 or later?

So if I have none of that...does it mean waitlist or still coming. When did you guys who are seeing changes interview? Anyone from 8/29 or later?
I was 8/30 and I have nothing in there when I click

I also interviewed on the 21st. This is probably just for people who interviewed on the 21st. If you interviewed later and see nothing I really wouldn't worry.

Okay wait.... My accepted student checklist has the matriculation agreement form and technical standards form... BUT it also has my college marked as needing a required transcript and my bachelors degree as needed underneath (although my other prerequisite classes are marked as complete)!
Btw interviewed 08/30!

I think I'm accepted!?! What the hell! LOL this was the worst interview I've ever performed in my whole life. I wonder why they chose me!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Okay wait.... My accepted student checklist has the matriculation agreement form and technical standards form... BUT it also has my college marked as needing a required transcript and my bachelors degree as needed underneath (although my other prerequisite classes are marked as complete)!
Btw interviewed 08/30!
I think that is what we all are showing.

I think I'm accepted!?! What the hell! LOL this was the worst interview I've ever performed in my whole life. I wonder why they chose me!!!

Accepted!!! Interviewed on 8/30

Are your guys' accepted checklists showing the same thing as mine?? W/ bachelor degree and transcript missing but technical standards form available to fill out (but matriculation one still marked as in processing?)

I felt the same. Completely made a fool of myself!

Are your guys' accepted checklists showing the same thing as mine?? W/ bachelor degree and transcript missing but technical standards form available to fill out (but matriculation one still marked as in processing?)

yup!!!!!!

Congratulations :soexcited:

Congrats to all those with good news, that's very exciting! Trying to stay positive until I hear either way.

Reactions: 2 users
If you have the accepted checklist, welcome to the class of 2022! If you have the applicant checklist missing your bachelor's degree, you are on the alternate list. Don't worry though it's not a bad place to be. If you are proactive and truly demonstrate your interest in attending this school then you stand a decent chance of getting in.

See you all next year :)

If you have the accepted checklist, welcome to the class of 2022! If you have the applicant checklist missing your bachelor's degree, you are on the alternate list. Don't worry though it's not a bad place to be. If you are proactive and truly demonstrate your interest in attending this school then you stand a decent chance of getting in.

And if we have nothing?

What is the applicant checklist missing bachelor's degree? That would completely separate from the "accepted checklist" right? As in, if I were to click on "accepted checklist," nothing would show up? I just want to make sure I'm truly accepted and not waitlisted :D

When do emails go out letting us know our status? I don't want to check my portal... I'm confused on how to tell an acceptance vs. Alternate list.