2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone from the 10/6 interview date get notified yet? Getting a little antsy!
I am hoping tomorrow is the day!! I interviewed 09/29!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My interview did NOT go well on 10/03 here. I'll bet anyone a sixpence that I don't get in...even given my good (comparatively) MCAT and GPA.

My interview did NOT go well on 10/03 here. I'll bet anyone a sixpence that I don't get in...even given my good (comparatively) MCAT and GPA.
Hahaha don't say that my friend ya never know!! Was it just the questions or what?

Members don't see this ad :)
They threw a curve ball at me about 3/4 of the way through the interview. The question hit me right in the confidence bone. I felt like I had something to prove after that, so the rest of the interview probably came off as arrogant. Also, I'm willing to bet my reply to the cheating question was not as stern as they'd hoped.

They threw a curve ball at me about 3/4 of the way through the interview. The question hit me right in the confidence bone. I felt like I had something to prove after that, so the rest of the interview probably came off as arrogant. Also, I'm willing to bet my reply to the cheating question was not as stern as they'd hoped.

Similar experience with the cheating question.

Just rescinded my interview invite here! I hope someone in need gets it. (I was scheduled for 10/27)

Interviewed on 9/26, accepted on October 4th, first acceptance! When are intial deposits typically due at ARCOM?

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone who got accepted here decided on coming here for sure?
So excited to meet everyone! This time is passing so slowly!

I hope someone hears something soon. I just keep obsessively checking my phone..

I hope someone hears something soon. I just keep obsessively checking my phone..
Literally same!! Its so bad, I almost didn't go to class because I don't get service in the room haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted an offer from another school and will be giving up my spot at ARCOM. Hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 4 users
Interviewed on October 3rd. Anyone think that today is the day we hear?

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed on October 3rd. Anyone think that today is the day we hear?

I think it will be closer to the end of the week since a lot of the late September interviewees haven't heard back yet. (Tragically.)

I think it will be closer to the end of the week since a lot of the late September interviewees haven't heard back yet. (Tragically.)
I was in the second group of interviews and I heard back the same day that the first group did. I interviewed on 8/22 (Tuesday) and heard back 8/28 (Monday). They told me at my interview that we would hear back within two weeks. They give out phone calls for acceptances but mailed letters that arrive later for waitlists and rejections.

So everyone that is worried.... OMED 2017 has been going on, and they were attending in Pennsylvania. I would be willing to bet this played an active role in delays.

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewing this Friday and starting to panic lol

I know it's suppose to be a relaxed interview, but it's my first one and I can't help but be neurotic.

Did anyone hear anything today?? This wait is driving me nuts! And to those with upcoming interviews, it was my first interview as well. There's no reason to stress! They do their best to make you feel at home and my interview was very relaxed.

Reactions: 1 users
AHHHHHHHH Just got the phone call!!! ACCEPTED 10/3 interview:soexcited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Did anyone hear anything today?? This wait is driving me nuts! And to those with upcoming interviews, it was my first interview as well. There's no reason to stress! They do their best to make you feel at home and my interview was very relaxed.

No nothing!!!

Has anyone who got accepted here decided on coming here for sure?
So excited to meet everyone! This time is passing so slowly!

Yep, already paid my deposit, sent in my FAFSA, and applied for housing. I really liked this school and the people, they have had the nicest admissions group I have talked to by far. Can't wait for next year.

Yep, already paid my deposit, sent in my FAFSA, and applied for housing. I really liked this school and the people, they have had the nicest admissions group I have talked to by far. Can't wait for next year.

How much was the deposit? I was accepted but haven't received any of the details yet via email or snail mail

ACCEPTANCE!!! I got a call today but I never got an email. Did anyone receive an email yet?

Congrats everyone!! Getting nervous I am gonna get hit with the wait list then if I haven't heard anything
I feel that...I felt really good about my interview so I'm a little confused ):

How did you get your deposit paid? Was the online portal system working-with forms and such? Also, how did you apply for housing? Will we be getting instructions about this in email?
Thanks!

Accepted, 9-28 :)

Reactions: 6 users
Accepted!! 10/3! So excited!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 6 users
Fingers crossed for you! Best of luck!

Reactions: 3 users
I'm interviewing here on Tuesday (Oct 17) and it is my first interview. I was wondering what we should bring to the interview? My friend is a current student at ARCOM and he only brought a pen.

I'm interviewing here on Tuesday (Oct 17) and it is my first interview. I was wondering what we should bring to the interview? My friend is a current student at ARCOM and he only brought a pen.
I didn't bring anything. They have a folder with a pen during the first presentation.

How much was the deposit? I was accepted but haven't received any of the details yet via email or snail mail

How did you get your deposit paid? Was the online portal system working-with forms and such? Also, how did you apply for housing? Will we be getting instructions about this in email?
Thanks!

The deposit was $2000 and is due by December 14th. I was sent an email with my portal log on information. The email had the directions on how to pay for the deposit through the portal. It took awhile to get the email, I interviewed all the way back in August, so they may not have gotten you put into the system yet. It can take awhile since they have to do each person manually.

The online forms in the portal don't work yet, but they said don't worry about it since most of the forms won't be due until 2018. You'll get an email about the matriculation document once they have it ready.

There were no instructions in the email for housing. I applied by going through the ARCOM homepage, clicking on Students then clicking on Student Housing. If you scroll down the application to apply is there, just fill it out. I got an email confirming receipt for the 2018 year and that they would contact me in the future when more information is needed.

The deposit was $2000 and is due by December 14th. I was sent an email with my portal log on information. The email had the directions on how to pay for the deposit through the portal. It took awhile to get the email, I interviewed all the way back in August, so they may not have gotten you put into the system yet. It can take awhile since they have to do each person manually.

The online forms in the portal don't work yet, but they said don't worry about it since most of the forms won't be due until 2018. You'll get an email about the matriculation document once they have it ready.

There were no instructions in the email for housing. I applied by going through the ARCOM homepage, clicking on Students then clicking on Student Housing. If you scroll down the application to apply is there, just fill it out. I got an email confirming receipt for the 2018 year and that they would contact me in the future when more information is needed.

So helpful! Thank you. Last question, did you already fill out the FAFSA for fall 2018 for starting med school?

So helpful! Thank you. Last question, did you already fill out the FAFSA for fall 2018 for starting med school?

No problem, and yeah FAFSA opens October 1st, so I just filled it out after paying my deposit, though you can attach up to 10 school codes, so if you are unsure what school you are going to go to you can fill it out for multiple schools. You can also change it later and add codes if you need to.