2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was waitlisted back in October, but for those of you that interviewed on Nov 3rd, they meet on Friday's, so they didn't review your files until this past Friday on the 10th, so they would have made calls on tuesday and wednesday. Since y'all haven't heard back yet, you should receive something in the mail this weekend or very early next week like Monday or Tuesday. From the time of my interview till waitlist letter interviewing on a Friday, the number of days was actually 18. So don't panic and keep your head up! You'll find out soon enough!

Will ARCOM rescind my acceptance if I get a C in one of my courses? This semester I am planning on having 2 A's a B and a C (from four 3-credit hour classes).

I highly doubt it. The important thing is to do your absolute best (so you can reasonably defend your position if asked later) and at least pass any prerequisite classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take to hear back from this school after submitting the secondary application?

It seems like everyone who submitted really early heard back very quickly (based on comments in this thread), but I submitted 10/23 so I'm wondering how long I should expect to wait before I hear back.

Reactions: 1 user
How long does it take to hear back from this school after submitting the secondary application?

It seems like everyone who submitted really early heard back very quickly (based on comments in this thread), but I submitted 10/23 so I'm wondering how long I should expect to wait before I hear back.
If you don't mind me asking, how long it took them to send you the secondary?

Mine was late and I heard back in a business day

Like you got the secondary the next day? Mind sharing your stats?

No I got an interview invite after a complete secondary. It took a while to get my secondary as I only had an old mcat and was waiting on my new score. Once my secondary was submitted on a Friday i got an II Monday

3.29s 3.17c 515(130/129/130/126)

No I got an interview invite after a complete secondary. It took a while to get my secondary as I only had an old mcat and was waiting on my new score. Once my secondary was submitted on a Friday i got an II Monday

3.29s 3.17c 515(130/129/130/126)

When did you submit your secondary? I know you said late, but how late?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted mine on 10/16, still haven't heard anything.

Ok just a few questions for those who already interviewed here. I'm interviewing on Tuesday, and I'm driving in tomorrow. I was just wondering which hotel you guys stayed in and why? I know they have a list of great hotels that offer special rates for the interview candidates, but the lowest I got from them was $84/night, and as you know this the part of the process where I'm running low on cash, and I don't want to miss out on a great deal. Anyway there is that. On the other hand is there any last minute advice about the whole interview day you guys can offer me? Thank you in advance, I would greatly appreciate any advice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Ok just a few questions for those who already interviewed here. I'm interviewing on Tuesday, and I'm driving in tomorrow. I was just wondering which hotel you guys stayed in and why? I know they have a list of great hotels that offer special rates for the interview candidates, but the lowest I got from them was $84/night, and as you know this the part of the process where I'm running low on cash, and I don't want to miss out on a great deal. Anyway there is that. On the other hand is there any last minute advice about the whole interview day you guys can offer me. Thank you in advance, I would greatly appreciate any advice.

I stayed at the double tree in downtown. $63/night. It’s a great hotel with a lot of amenities, including its own restaurant and concierge. Good location (18 min drive to school), excellent restaurants around. I chose this hotel cause of the bed (I chose a cheaper hotel at another interview, the bed wasn’t comfortable and ended up with a bad nights sleep right before the interview)

I'll be staying at the Cherokee in Roland, OK. Stayed there before

Hello, everyone. I was accepted elsewhere and withdrew my acceptance to ARCOM today. I hope my spot goes to one of you! Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Man I fell in love with this school today. I was glad to see you all. Hope it's not the last time we'll see each other.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know what the turnover is looking like for those on the waitlist?

I really love this school hope to hear some good news first week of December.

What about the school did you fall in love with?
That's what I said. I love the school.
EDIT: I love the atmosphere there, they are all very friendly, I like the brand new campus and the brand new appartments they built for the students, and I like that for a new school it feels like they already got everything in place for you to succeed. Their purpose is to boost the healthcare system in Arkansas by trying to have majority of their students to stay and practice in the state because it is in a very bad place right now (48th in the country), so they have a lot of community support, and I heard that many hospitals in the state are ready to give priority to ARCOM students in their residency programs.

Last edited:
Anyone know when people on the waitlist may start hearing back?

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to butt my head in on this thread, but C/O 2021 students, how are you liking ARCOM so far? ARCOM was my other acceptance (I chose WCUCOM), and I'm curious how things are going there? What's the helical curriculum like?

My interview experience at ARCOM was fantastic, and honestly, if they would have called me 3 weeks earlier, I would probably be a student there right now. I think they have a bright future ahead of them.

WCU is treating me OK though :).

Reactions: 1 users
11/21 interview group.. do y'all remember if they said they were meeting this past Friday or if they were gunna meet this upcoming Friday?

11/21 interview group.. do y'all remember if they said they were meeting this past Friday or if they were gunna meet this upcoming Friday?
If you interviewed on 11/21 you should start hearing back on 12/5 or 12/8

Just widthdrew my acceptance. Best of luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
where will you go next fall instead and where were your other II's if you don't mind my asking?
My down payment is going to KYCOM soon, but I’m waiting to get off MSUCOMS T-1 waitlist.

Who did you email to withdraw your acceptance? I've been trying to figure out how to withdraw mine
They called me to confirm that I had all my login info. I brought it up to them and they took me off the list.

Just withdrew my acceptance. Hope one of you lovely people gets my spot. I do very much love the school and people but go accepted to my in state school :)

They called me to confirm that I had all my login info. I brought it up to them and they took me off the list.
Oh okay. They haven't called me yet. I guess they will get the idea when I don't pay my deposit on Dec 14

Oh okay. They haven't called me yet. I guess they will get the idea when I don't pay my deposit on Dec 14
You could still call them and let them know, so your spot could be given to someone in next week's group (like me). Just saying lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry to butt my head in on this thread, but C/O 2021 students, how are you liking ARCOM so far? ARCOM was my other acceptance (I chose WCUCOM), and I'm curious how things are going there? What's the helical curriculum like?

My interview experience at ARCOM was fantastic, and honestly, if they would have called me 3 weeks earlier, I would probably be a student there right now. I think they have a bright future ahead of them.

I’d really like to hear a current student’s perspective as well. Pros cons?/how come you chose ARCOM over another program? Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Let go of my 12/18 II if anybody is trying to reschedule!

Good luck and congratulations to everyone!!

I just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to someone awesome!

First 12 weeks consisted of anatomy and BECOM (combined class which incorporates biochem/physio/histo/genetics/neuro so far) along with OPP, and doctoring. Anatomy ended after week 12 and now we are focusing more on systems with BECOM taking over most of the curriculum.
We have had a few patient encounters so far, and for the most part we have been well prepared for what is expected of us (basic hpi cc stuff with SOAP note). We are getting into the helical stuff now but we'll be able to give you a better idea of how it all comes together after another semester.

Overall I feel we've been a fairly cohesive class and most of the faculty and staff at the school is VERY receptive to any kind of help we ask for. We have an open door policy where anyone working at the school will make time for students no questions asked.

I'm enjoying myself here, and I'd say the majority of the students have the same thoughts.

Reactions: 6 users