2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Declined my offer, hope one of you get the seat!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else who interviewed 11/17 hear back?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't even get asked the why ARCOM. Likely because I'm from Arkansas

Anybody having issues logging into the portal to pay the deposit? It keeps giving me error.

Has anyone from the 11/21 interview group heard anything back yet?

Hello,
I have my interview coming up this month and was curious how to prepare (I have read through the comments and have a good idea of what to expect). Are there any questions that seemed challenging to answer? Additionally, I'm curious how my stats compare to the 2017 class: 3.74cGPA, 3.80sGPA, 495 MCAT, Unique EC. Thank you for the feedback!

Hello,
I have my interview coming up this month and was curious how to prepare (I have read through the comments and have a good idea of what to expect). Are there any questions that seemed challenging to answer? Additionally, I'm curious how my stats compare to the 2017 class: 3.74cGPA, 3.80sGPA, 495 MCAT, Unique EC. Thank you for the feedback!
My interview was very conversational. I didn't even get asked why ARCOM as I'm an Arkansas resident. I think the only thing that is bad statwise you obviously know.

I guess the rest of us from 11/21 can wait for our waitlist/ rejection letters :(

I guess the rest of us from 11/21 can wait for our waitlist/ rejection letters :(

I interviewed 11/21 as well and have yet to hear back. I was recently accepted to RVUCOM so it doesn't really matter at this point...but damn, my interview went really well at ARCOM. I'll be pretty surprised if I end up getting rejected.

I interviewed 11/21 as well and have yet to hear back. I was recently accepted to RVUCOM so it doesn't really matter at this point...but damn, my interview went really well at ARCOM. I'll be pretty surprised if I end up getting rejected.
I feel the same. I still have not heard back and I felt my interview went extremely well. I fit their mission perfectly. Although my mcat is not the highest I don't understand why they would even interview me if my grades and mcat weren't up to their standards.

I feel the same. I still have not heard back and I felt my interview went extremely well. I fit their mission perfectly. Although my mcat is not the highest I don't understand why they would even interview me if my grades and mcat weren't up to their standards.

Yeah, my MCAT is not too hot but they chose to interview us so I'm assuming we at least passed some threshold! I guess our stats are more important post interview than we assume.

Rejected. Not even waitlisted from 11/28
I feel your pain. Just last week I got one rejection from CUSOM and got waitlisted from ARCOM and KCU. Still waiting on KCOM with fingers crossed. I got more II coming, but I just don't like the feeling of spending all that money traveling and not get a positive response.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Just put in my seat deposit! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook page or group set up for the class of 2022?

Just gave up my II last night because I got accepted to a school higher on my list. I hope it goes to one of you guys!

I really enjoyed my time ARCOM so more than likely I am going to accept the offer
Have you gotten any other offers so far? I did like ARCOM a lot but with other offers on the table, I’m still wrestling with it being an unproven school.

I really enjoyed my time ARCOM so more than likely I am going to accept the offer
Have you gotten any other offers so far? I did like ARCOM a lot but with other offers on the table, I’m still wrestling with it being an unproven school.

I’ve gotten a couple other offers so I will definitely have a decision to make. As far as being unproven, that is something to think about but I’m not as worried about it with as much time and money was invested in the school. I think the community and area is going to do anything they can to help the school succeed.

Got an acceptance today and I’m for sure taking it :) interviewed Dec 5.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you get a call?
Yes, and a voicemail bc I can’t have my phone on me at work! Even though the voicemail said to expect a letter and email, I called the schools admissions office just to be sure.