2017-2018 Arkansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (ARCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you interview? They did say 2-3 weeks to hear back
Not sure if Monday is a holiday for them but I don’t have work because of Lincoln’s birthday so I’m hoping they make calls for my group on Tuesday.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I interviewed on jan 30th. They told us 2 weeks. Not sure if Monday is a holiday for them but I don’t have work because of Lincoln’s birthday so I’m hoping they make calls for my group on Tuesday.
In all likelyhood your decision was made by today... now just the waiting game

What is the earliest people would star getting pulled off the waitlist? Would it be sometime around April/May when all interviews are complete?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the earliest people would star getting pulled off the waitlist? Would it be sometime around April/May when all interviews are complete?
I was put on the waitlist early December and got pull off the waitlist before Christmas. Honestly, I think it all depends on how well they think you fit their mission based on your interview and application, so they rank people on the waitlist and when a spot is available after people miss their deposit deadline, they pull the applicants on top of the list. I could be wrong though...

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

I was put on the waitlist early December and got pull off the waitlist before Christmas. Honestly, I think it all depends on how well they think you fit their mission based on your interview and application, so they rank people on the waitlist and when a spot is available after people miss their deposit deadline, they pull the applicants on top of the list. I could be wrong though...

Per admissions:
“We have already started pulling from our waitlist and will continue—we definitely use our waitlist. Unfortunately it's not a ranked list (ranking would change every week) or first-on-first-off so I can't say for sure your “spot”. However, when a spot becomes available we pull off the most competitive application at that time.”

Reactions: 1 user
Per admissions:
“We have already started pulling from our waitlist and will continue—we definitely use our waitlist. Unfortunately it's not a ranked list (ranking would change every week) or first-on-first-off so I can't say for sure your “spot”. However, when a spot becomes available we pull off the most competitive application at that time.”
Yeah, this is probably more accurate. By top of the list I really meant the most competitive and most fitting to their mission.

What’s the turnaround time from interview to hearing if you were accepted. I’ve read through this forum and last years and it seems to widely vary. Any ideas

What’s the turnaround time from interview to hearing if you were accepted. I’ve read through this forum and last years and it seems to widely vary. Any ideas
It's two weeks. If you dont get a third call by the 3rd weeks then you are waitlisted or rejected

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using SDN mobile

Got a letter in the mail saying I’m waitlisted. I’m so devastated. Third interview and Third waitlist.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Got a letter in the mail saying I’m waitlisted. I’m so devastated. Third interview and Third waitlist. This is so incredibly hard to accept. I really hoped this one would be it :,(
That's hard, but don't lose hope or give up....I hope you get off one or even all of those waitlists

Got a letter in the mail saying I’m waitlisted. I’m so devastated. Third interview and Third waitlist. This is so incredibly hard to accept. I really hoped this one would be it :,(
Me too, I was devastated when I got waitlisted back in December especially after being rejected somewhere else, but less than 2 weeks later I received a call back and got pulled off the waitlist. That was my 1st acceptance, and I remember going from really sad and depressed to being the happiest man alive. It was all worth it. It's still early, and being on the waitlist means you still got a fighting chance of getting in. I hope you get some good news as we get closer and closer to the end of the cycle.

I was called and accepted the day after I got my waitlist letter. I'm certain their list moves.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview is on February 23rd, anyone else??

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewers of Feb 2nd - Has anyone heard anything thus far? Just a sanity check here because our official 2 weeks mark is tomorrow! This is me every 3 minutes at my email and my phone! lol :poke:

Interviewers of Feb 2nd - Has anyone heard anything thus far? Just a sanity check here because our official 2 weeks mark is tomorrow! This is me every 3 minutes at my email and my phone! lol :poke:
They don't email. Phone or snail mall

SO you mean to tell me if you are accepted, you will not received an official email of acceptance? like ever?
If you're accepted, you'll get a call first, then they will later email you the information on how to login on the portal to pay the deposit and submit some signed matriculation documents. If you're waitlisted, you get a letter in the mail.

I haven't heard back yet. I'm anxiously waiting too!

Hello, any one from the people that had their interview on 1/25 heard back yet. I neither got a letter nor a phone call yet.

Hello, any one from the people that had their interview on 1/25 heard back yet. I neither got a letter nor a phone call yet.
Odds are the waitlist letter is on its way

i interviewed on 2/9 and today is one week. i believe they said that they will be meeting today to decide on our interview group so my question is if i am accepted about when did you guys hear back during the second week. monday,friday? and does it vary or is it always on one day each time

i interviewed on 2/9 and today is one week. i believe they said that they will be meeting today to decide on our interview group so my question is if i am accepted about when did you guys hear back during the second week. monday,friday? and does it vary or is it always on one day each time
If you interviewed on a Friday then it’s likely they didn’t discuss your admissions status until this week, so I wouldn’t worry until 2 weeks from now. I interviewed on a Tuesday and got a call the next Wednesday.

The dean makes a personal phone call to everyone accepted so it is spread out based on his schedule. I heard back on week 3 after my interview. My call was around 6pm so it could be later in the day.

The dean makes a personal phone call to everyone accepted so it is spread out based on his schedule. I heard back on week 3 after my interview. My call was around 6pm so it could be later in the day.

My call was from Dr Longley not the dean which was weird, but I guess it can be either one of them. Also, it was a Thursday around 2 pm central time.

Edit: I was pulled from the waitlist that may be why my call wasn't from the Dean.

I interviewed on a Friday, and I got the call from Dr. Fudge on a Tuesday, 10 days after my interview day. But this was back in October.

Anyone know how much of the class has been filled? How many members on the accepted Facebook group? I'm on the waitlist and I'm getting anxious everyday.

Anyone know how much of the class has been filled? How many members on the accepted Facebook group? I'm on the waitlist and I'm getting anxious everyday.
85 members on facebook, some are current students acting as ambassadors. I doubt everyone accepted has joined. Its kinda a find it and request to join thing.

id imagine this school has large WL movement especially around may-june not sure if anyone can confirm this becasue there has only been one class but being so new it seems like all the other new schools have majority WL movement after MD schools finalize their class

I'm asking because 2 girls from my Master's program got into ARCOM off the waitlist 2 days before orientation. I'll lose my mind from the anxiety if I have to wait that long haha

Snail mail. Acceptance is through a phone call and Waitlist/rejection is through snail mail.

2 weeks exactly I received the letter in the mail.
right, thanks!
My 2 weeks was last friday... so im still keeping hope.
anyone from the 2/2 interview group plz feel free to jump in if you've heard anything

right, thanks!
My 2 weeks was last friday... so im still keeping hope.
anyone from the 2/2 interview group plz feel free to jump in if you've heard anything

I was from the 2/2 interview and got my waitlist letter yesterday and so did another peer from our group :/ so if you haven't heard back expect a letter

Thread for accepted students yet?