2017-2018 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are schools shutting down in Boston due to the snow? Decisions might get pushed back if they can’t come in :/

I think they'll be staying open...we're only supposed to get a few inches, 6 at most, in the city today

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Are schools shutting down in Boston due to the snow? Decisions might get pushed back if they can’t come in :/
For what it's worth, calls for the first round of decisions went out in the first week of January when we were also having a massive blizzard here

Reactions: 1 users
The med campus is fully operational today no word on tomorrow but I highly doubt they’ll close for a few inches.

Members don't see this ad :)
TODAY COULD BE THE DAY FAM

...or not

Reactions: 4 users
longtime lurker + first time poster but accepted!!! got the call from my interviewer this afternoon :)

Reactions: 10 users
Does this mean the rest of us should start panicking?

Reactions: 6 users
Yer dude is IN!!! Just got call!!

Reactions: 5 users
congrats to everyone accepted! Can you please post your interviewers name (or initials/department) and time they called so we know if ours has made calls yet? :)

Last edited:
Interviewer initinials would be an awesome piece of information for those waiting! Thank you and congratulations everybody!!

How are there not more people posting acceptances?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed in early jan, havent heard anything

Got the call this evening - accepted!

To add the info that previous posts requested:
-call came in around 6pm
-interviewer intitials: SH

I'm getting heart palpitations every time I receive an email or my phone rings...

Last edited:
Just received a text from a random number like the one BU uses to text updates - just an emergency alert test from my university. Dude...

Reactions: 2 users
Congratulations to all of you accepted! Did any of you get a portal change?

Any other calls to report?

If you look at last years thread, most people started posting after 4pm on Mar7...really hoping for some good news in the next 4 hours!

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Usually the portal updates around 3-5PM EST.

So for the people that did not receive a phone call, if decisions do go out today it should be by 5pm.

Usually the portal updates around 3-5PM EST.

So for the people that did not receive a phone call, if decisions do go out today it should be by 5pm.
Wont stop me from refreshing my portal and the SDN thread. :(

Reactions: 9 users
And 5 o'clock comes and goes again with no portal changes :/

Its weird that not even calls went out today
Seems a bit weird that acceptance calls started yesterday, but that there would be no activity today. Of course, it could just be that no one reported it...

Got accepted today at 2pm PST! Interviewer LH, interviewed 1/29.

So weird that everyone who’s posted acceptances so far has no previous post history...

Reactions: 5 users
So weird that everyone who’s posted acceptances so far has no previous post history...
Sorry, I personally don’t like to post on SDN. Just seemed like some people wanted to know if there were any acceptances given out today, so I thought I’d post mine! My interviewer said the acceptance packet will be mailed tomorrow so hopefully that’ll give some legitimacy.

Maybe tomorrow then?

The only thing that's keeping me going is that in January they only accepted a small number so the interviewers had less calls to make...then again from my personal experience these past few months, it seems to me that
big news is usually reserved for Fridays

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

It's like those "long-time lurker, first time poster" people. Not necessarily trolls, they just don't want a paper trail

It's like those "long-time lurker, first time poster" people. Not necessarily trolls, they just don't want a paper trail

My sentiments (and words) exactly, thank you :)

Online forums aren’t really my forte, I just thought people wanted to know when/any updates for acceptences. But feel free to message me if ya have questions!

i’d also like to point out that i was accepted in january and found out via portal, as opposed to phone call. hang in there everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Sorry, I personally don’t like to post on SDN. Just seemed like some people wanted to know if there were any acceptances given out today, so I thought I’d post mine! My interviewer said the acceptance packet will be mailed tomorrow so hopefully that’ll give some legitimacy.

I feel you! I interviewed same day as you, and also got the call today from my interviewer! He was sooo nice. Initials: KP

i’d also like to point out that i was accepted in january and found out via portal, as opposed to phone call. hang in there everyone!

question - when you say you found out via portal, does that mean that you didn't even get an email but rather logged on to find that you were accepted?? sorry for the oddly specific question...

question - when you say you found out via portal, does that mean that you didn't even get an email but rather logged on to find that you were accepted?? sorry for the oddly specific question...
This is exactly how I found out I was accepted to UPitt. Email came days later.

I got an email that said "status update" and then the body of the email said that I was accepted and had a link to the portal. I suppose it might have been up on the portal before then but I feel like I probably checked and it wasn't.

Also I didn't get a phone call, some of the interviewers just don't make them so don't worry too much about that!

I also don't post much, but I just looked and my portal says "Congratulations. A letter of acceptance has been mailed to you." (I also got a phone call last night!) Good luck everyone still waiting! :)

yeah I logged into the portal and saw I was accepted. email came after!

I just logged into the portal and saw "Congratulations. A letter of acceptance has been mailed to you." No email and no phone call as of right now. Good luck everyone!

Edit: got the email a couple minutes later!

Last edited:
Mine still says "interview completed". Guess they released the acceptances to the portal but not yet the rejections?

I just logged into the portal and saw "Congratulations. A letter of acceptance has been mailed to you." No email and no phone call as of right now. Good luck everyone!

+1. No email and no phone call. There is no logical pattern to this stuff. Keep your heads up people, it will come!

Mine still says deferral until March...:-/
Update, was just waitlisted :-(