2017-2018 Burrell College of Osteopathic Medicine (BCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When is deadline to get the private loan certification done?
For BCOM?, did they waitlist you?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any news or waitlist movement?
I think some people on the waitlist may hear something by the end of this week. AACOMAS just released their multiple acceptance list to all DO schools today, May 15, so movement is anticipated to begin. Since there is not a deferred acceptance list this year, they will pull directly from the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
I think some people on the waitlist may hear something by the end of this week. AACOMAS just released their multiple acceptance list to all DO schools today, May 15, so movement is anticipated to begin. Since there is not a deferred acceptance list this year, they will pull directly from the waitlist.

What is the multiple acceptance list?

What is the multiple acceptance list?
It is a list of all applicants who have an acceptance at other DO school(s) in addition to BCOM. This helps them can gauge how many accepted students will actually matriculate and how many additional acceptances they may need to send out. Hence, waitlist movement may start this week.

It is a list of all applicants who have an acceptance at other DO school(s) in addition to BCOM. This helps them can gauge how many accepted students will actually matriculate and how many additional acceptances they may need to send out. Hence, waitlist movement may start this week.

I thought today was the deadline for DO applicants with multiple acceptances to narrow down to only only one school?

Hah, didn't know they could see that. Is it specific to even the students name?

Hah, didn't know they could see that. Is it specific to even the students name?
AACOMAS Application Traffic Guideline:

"Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both. After May 15, AACOMAS reports to each institution the names and candidates for its entering class who hold an acceptance(s) at additional institutions. An osteopathic medical college may rescind an offer of admissions to a candidate who has paid deposits to or holds positions at multiple institutions. If the osteopathic medical college chooses to withdraw the candidate from the entering class, the college must give the candidate a minimum 15-day notice. After the 15-day notice, if the candidate does not respond and is withdrawn from a college, the deposit is forfeited and the seat may be given to another candidate. Therefore, prior to May 15, applicants need to withdraw from any college(s) which they do not plan to attend and only hold a position at one college of osteopathic medicine to avoid having positions withdrawn.

Prospective osteopathic medical students are expected to provide factual, accurate and complete information throughout the admissions process. AACOM believes that the process requires mutual respect, integrity and honesty among the colleges of osteopathic medicine and between colleges and their prospective osteopathic medical students."

Members don't see this ad :)
AACOMAS Application Traffic Guideline:

"Starting April 1, osteopathic medical colleges report to AACOMAS the names and identification of candidates who have paid a deposit, hold a position at an osteopathic medical college entering class or both..."
Aahhh! Cool! That doesn't apply to be... Sadly lol. Thanks for the info!

Hey guys, I was one of the people who got the phone call saying my application is on hold. Just got waitlisted today.

Accepted off the waitlist today. Accepted elsewhere but I'm 90% going to accept the offer.

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted off the waitlist today. Accepted elsewhere but I'm 90% going to accept the offer.

Congrats! How long do they give you to accept and pay the deposit? Hope the 10 % of you decides to go elsewhere to increase my chances hahah

Just got accepted off the waitlist, however, I've declined my offer. I hope the acceptance goes to someone else. Best of luck to you all!

If the other program is newer than BCOM then that would be a good decision. Otherwise go with the established program. BCOM's curriculum is a mess right now. Also the school has gone through some internal changes that have rubbed people the wrong way.

If the other program is newer than BCOM then that would be a good decision. Otherwise go with the established program. BCOM's curriculum is a mess right now. Also the school has gone through some internal changes that have rubbed people the wrong way.

Can you send me a private message please? I'd like to hear more because I was a little concerned about a few things I have heard and about the change in deans.

Are you a current student?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

So, how's everyone approaching this private loan situation? I think my best option is a 7.24% fixed loan but I was shocked at the amount of money I own for taking out 70,000. This is with Wells Fargo. Sallie Mae gave me a fixed 7.76% rate with an 80,000 loan. Anyone get anything better? I have a cosigner with a perfect score, and I have a good credit score as well.
Hmm, are they factoring in some other risks related to this specific school?
Usually loans for med school are considered very low risk... and given out at 6 or just above 6%... and rarely requiring a co-signer for descent credit score borrowers.

I just received the best phone call of my life!!! I was accepted off the waitlist today!!

Reactions: 9 users
Also was accepted off the waitlist yesterday but am declining. I interviewed in September.

Reactions: 2 users
Hoping to get off the waitlist soon, this waiting is killing me D:

I have decided to give up my seat!!! Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear positive news. I pray that you all get accepted somewhere!!

Reactions: 1 user
I have decided to give up my seat!!! Good luck to those of you still waiting to hear positive news. I pray that you all get accepted somewhere!!
Why the change? You were so excited about getting an offer! Just curious

Since the waitlist is ranked, has anyone called to see their position on the waitlist?

Since the waitlist is ranked, has anyone called to see their position on the waitlist?

I specifically remember Adrian saying at my interview day that they will not let you know your position on the waitlist :(