2017-2018 California University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
First interview day had 21 people, second had 24, the remaining 14 interview days (assuming there were ~16 per day) comes up to ~269 total interviewees. Maybe up to 20 more if some interview days actually had 20 people.

Anyway:

20 people reported on SDN that they were accepted. If there's currently 38 people in the facebook group that would mean a ~2:1 acceptance to SDN post ratio, but that's highly unlikely, it's probably more like 4:1 at the minimum lol...

9 people reported waitlisted btw.

TY for your effort. I was waitlisted last Wednesday, so I guess we know at least 10 people are waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

TY for your effort. I was waitlisted last Wednesday, so I guess we know at least 10 people are waitlisted.

I don't think the class is full yet. A lot of people are most likely sitting in "under consideration" purgatory until they finish interviewing by the end of this week. Then they accept what they need to top off the class and make final decisions on everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to update everyone. I finally received a response from Dr. Eveland. I received a rejection email on accident and I am currently waitlisted. What a rollercoaster ride.

Reactions: 4 users
Welcome to the club, when did ya interview?

3/30

I don't think the class is full yet. A lot of people are most likely sitting in "under consideration" purgatory until they finish interviewing by the end of this week. Then they accept what they need to top off the class and make final decisions on everyone.

I wonder what's more purgatory--waitlist or "under consideration"--or who's in a stronger position for getting the A's to fill those spots that have apparently been dropped. Also, as a side note, I never actually got the "under consideration" email before the waitlist email, myself.

3/30

I wonder what's more purgatory--waitlist or "under consideration"--or who's in a stronger position for getting the A's to fill those spots that have apparently been dropped. Also, as a side note, I never actually got the "under consideration" email before the waitlist email, myself.

I emailed them asking and Dean Eveland said someone would come off the waitlist every time an accepted person dropped.

3/30

So maybe they accidentally sent you the waitlist email but you are really still under consideration? Jk lol...

I agree; I don't think they're full yet either, at least based on what Dr. Eveland said at the interview on Friday. He said that there are still slots they're keeping open as they consider people from the last two interview days, and I would assume that as they're considering later interviewees that they're also continuing to consider waitlisted and under consideration applicants.

Guess my story ends here. Interviewed on 04/16. Never got in consideration email. Sad. Best of luck to all of you!

Guess my story ends here. Interviewed on 04/16. Never got in consideration email. Sad. Best of luck to all of you!

I would email them. It seems like a few people who got rejection emails ended up not actually being rejected

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you just email them to find out your status?

No because I'm assuming their last waitlist correspondence is actually accurate.

On the portal you can see your status by going under Admissions Missing Documents and scrolling down until you see Admissions Status on the bottom left.

I'm still confused: so does your say waitlist or not? And if not, did you email them asking what your status was after interviewing?

It doesn’t say it on the portal. It just says interview eval complete. I’m pretty sure they contact you and you don’t need to contact them about the status of your app

Reactions: 1 user
I'm on the waitlist and my portal also just says "interview eval completed"

I'm still confused: so does your say waitlist or not? And if not, did you email them asking what your status was after interviewing?

Portal status isn't updated with your actual current application status unfortunately.

For those rejected or on WL, did your status change on portal?
No my portal didn’t change. They sent rejection via email and marketing for their masters program. Such a slap in the face. Classless.

Reactions: 1 users
No my portal didn’t change. They sent rejection via email and marketing for their masters program. Such a slap in the face. Classless.

I got the same email and literally laughed. The sender said “marketing”. The subject was “how about a post back program?” I’m not sure why I even opened it because it had every appearance of being spam. It didn’t help that I withdrew myself from consideration in April.

I’m glad to see their rejection letter lived up to my expectations of this school.

STILL ALIVE! Emailed Dr. Eveland and he said the system had another glitch *rolls eyes*. Still in consideration.

Planning on applying upcoming cycle. Anyone know if they screen?

Sadly have to decline my acceptance! Hope it goes to one of you awesome folks!

Reactions: 6 users
On my interview day they mentioned providing stipends for research projects. Anyone know how much they have set aside for that?

Just got a waitlisted email. Interviewed 04/16. No in consideration email. This process is killing me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just got a waitlisted email. Interviewed 04/16. No in consideration email. This process is killing me.

Maybe it was sent in error again? If I remember correctly, you received a waitlist email earlier but it was wrong right? There's still hope!

But is a waitlist really a waitlist anymore?

Reactions: 2 users
does anyone know/want to ask if its a rank published waitlist or "unranked"

it's kind of crazy that no one has been accepted recently

I mean no one's gotten acceptances for quite a while now. I wonder what the plan is?

Maybe it was sent in error again? If I remember correctly, you received a waitlist email earlier but it was wrong right? There's still hope!

I had gotten one of those mistake rejection emails telling me to apply to their masters program.

Is the waitlist letter the same?
"I am writing to inform you that you have been placed on the School of Medicine’s waitlist for a position in the Class of 2022. Waitlisted applicants are individuals we would like to see in the class had there been more seats available to accommodate them. As applicants with multiple acceptances make a singular choice of where to attend medical school, seats become available for those on the waitlist. We will be in touch with you as soon as a final decision is made regarding your application. Thank you for your continued interest in our program. "

I don't get if they actually don't have any seats left or if they are just waiting till everyone has finished interviewing to start accepting

Is the waitlist letter the same?
"I am writing to inform you that you have been placed on the School of Medicine’s waitlist for a position in the Class of 2022. Waitlisted applicants are individuals we would like to see in the class had there been more seats available to accommodate them. As applicants with multiple acceptances make a singular choice of where to attend medical school, seats become available for those on the waitlist. We will be in touch with you as soon as a final decision is made regarding your application. Thank you for your continued interest in our program. "

I don't get if they actually don't have any seats left or if they are just waiting till everyone has finished interviewing to start accepting

Hopefully the latter, if so then the waitlists don't seem as intimidating? Would they have an incentive to officially waitlist us prior to accepting as opposed to keeping up in limbo until ultimately accepting or rejecting?

Are they just waitlisting everyone post II? Nova did that as well and ended up with giant waitlist (250+ people) and ended up rejecting a lot of people off the waitlist...

Hopefully the latter, if so then the waitlists don't seem as intimidating? Would they have an incentive to officially waitlist us prior to accepting as opposed to keeping up in limbo until ultimately accepting or rejecting?

No idea because they have been keeping everyone who hasn't been waitlisted (or accepted) in limbo since no one has been rejected yet. Also I wonder how they order which applicants to review after the interview because it seems like some people are waitlisted very quickly after their interview and others weeks later? If it is a real waitlist seems like people in limbo have a good chance for acceptances after tomorrows date!