2017-2018 California University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else get their resilience test scores?

Turns out I am not very resilient lol

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely scored higher than I expected, but I blame the low health score on this WL anxiety and the app process in general

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Emailed Dean Eveland. He said to not expect really any waitlist movement. Sad.

Reactions: 2 users
There are still 11 spots open, according to our registrar ;)

Good luck!

Reactions: 4 users
Meaning how many in the FB group or is that some official stat?

Our electronic catalog shows "seats offers 60, seats available 11" :D

Looks like we've got a man on the inside...

What them scholarships lookin' like tho?

Scholarship decisions released June 15, I think. 5-30k each, 2 categories - merit and need-based.

Last edited:
Anyone who interviewed can actually see the catalog I believe.

After logging into the interview portal if you delete everything after the .com and hit enter there is a tab that says course catalog. Click on that and it shows 11 available. There's hope!?!

Anyone who interviewed can actually see the catalog I believe.

After logging into the interview portal if you delete everything after the .com and hit enter there is a tab that says course catalog. Click on that and it shows 11 available. There's hope!?!

They might just be behind on waiting for people to confirm their acceptance or haven't entered them into the system yet. Idk they have had a ton of logistical issues so I wouldn't be surprised.

Weird, because I got the WL email and the MBS offer and then a background request a couple hours later. Anyone else have that experience?

Interviewed 4/20, Waitlisted 5/2
Never received the MBS email but did get the background check request email this morning...

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Never received the MBS email but did get the background check request email this morning...

Means you're in then.. I would call/email to confirm.

Congrats! I'm super jealous. Kinda weird how they aren't sending emails and having the background check be the thing that lets people know. Lol.

I emailed them and turns out I'm not in... still waitlisted as of this morning.

What an emotional rollercoaster

Really? Sorry to hear that :( So they sent you a background check even on waitlist?

I emailed them and turns out I'm not in... still waitlisted as of this morning.

What an emotional rollercoaster

My condolences, but maybe you're high enough on the waitlist for them to want to get the ball rolling.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have any idea if it's worth applying here if you're from the midwest? Or at least how heavy their instate bias is?

From the what I remember my interview day had 4 OOS people. There may have been more. We came from Washington, Iowa, Tennessee, and Connecticut. They say they favor the inland empire so things might be different this cycle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Edit: I can't English on my phone.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any idea if it's worth applying here if you're from the midwest? Or at least how heavy their instate bias is?
Eveland said inauguaral class will have decent amount of out of staters because the cycle was so late, but they are planning to focus more on accepting people from in state in future cycles. So it will become harder for out of state people to be accepted here

called today and was told that admissions had made all their decisions and will be sending out emails within the week

Reactions: 3 users
called today and was told that admissions had made all their decisions and will be sending out emails within the week

I'm really hoping this is accurate because they had said the same thing to me last week when I called, but thanks for checking for all of us waiting!

so i wonder if that means the emails theyll be sending out next week are just the rejection emails?

But they just gave us all these really nicely written waitlist emails...

Has anyone else been sitting in complete silence since the interview? I haven't even received my resilience scale results.

Called and told all seats taken up and individual acceptances can be handed out though unlikely.

So to clarify, would you happen to know if this meant that they have sent all of the acceptances they have planned to give out and have also filled up their class?

I haven't received any response since my interview, including a wait list or a hold email. :(

So to clarify, would you happen to know if this meant that they have sent all of the acceptances they have planned to give out and have also filled up their class?

I haven't received any response since my interview, including a wait list or a hold email. :(
It's over

I emailed them and I got my rejection email in response :/ good luck to anyone still waiting!

yea. I had been sitting in complete silence since my interview so i emailed them to ask about when i would hear back.
Sorry, good luck with everything else and all your future endeavors!

just got an acceptance email today as well!!! first acceptance, this is unreal!

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you! gosh and I was already into the new cycle...

5 days to secure spot and send deposit.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats!! I hope they are going to pull some more off the wait list!