2017-2018 California University of Science and Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if we are allowed to do any outside rotations? I know a doctor that rotates a lot of medical students that I would love to work with for an internal med rotation. Is it required for the first class to do every rotation with arrowhead?

I’m not sure but I’m sure you can work it out with your advisor as your elective in your forth year! Away rotations are common.

Members don't see this ad.

Any guys that just got off the waitlist and looking for a roommate? pm me, I found some options just need a roommate

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else's admissions status change from "Interview evaluation completed" to "Offer accepted" on the portal? Not sure if this means anything.

Mine says the same, nothing from the school, I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Did anyone else's admissions status change from "Interview evaluation completed" to "Offer accepted" on the portal? Not sure if this means anything.
It had not this morning but after you posted this, I just checked and mine also changed to "Offer Accepted"????
Also on the main admission status page under the dates for screenings -
"Offered 06/27/2018" showed up.

EDIT: Just saw Magus also posted their status changed as well. Hmmm, with 3 people from SDN having that...the odds likely mean no good news lol.

It had not this morning but after you posted this, I just checked and mine also changed to "Offer Accepted"????

EDIT: Just saw Magus also posted their status changed as well. Hmmm, with 3 people from SDN having that...the odds likely mean no good news lol.

Maybe it's just finally updating that they offered us the alternate list/MBS position? Or they are about to offer us all a rejection that we can't refuse...

Just checked too. Have same message. Could mean something, could mean nothing. Nothing official until we get something from Dean Eveland

+1

I wonder if that means we'll receive some kind of correspondence by the end of the day?

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it's just finally updating that they offered us the alternate list/MBS position? Or they are about to offer us all a rejection that we can't refuse...
I'm feeling today's 2nd waitlist --> rejection coming soon

I'm feeling today's 2nd waitlist --> rejection coming soon

We've been marked... RIP. Only two weeks till orientation so they probably don't need to keep more than a handful of people around on the alternate list as a last resort.

Status changed back to "Interview Eval Completed"...

Mine says "offered 6/27" in one place and "interview eval completed" in another. I never actually got the MBS offer... Just notice that I was on the waitlist. And perhaps soon not to be? lol

Mine says "offered 6/27" in one place and "interview eval completed" in another. I never actually got the MBS offer... Just notice that I was on the waitlist. And perhaps soon not to be? lol

Mine now says that too (changed from "Offer Accepted" to "Interview Eval Completed"). I received the MBS offer back in May.

Anyone planning to accept the MBS offer? and what are the chances of acceptance through the MBS if anyone know?

Anyone planning to accept the MBS offer? and what are the chances of acceptance through the MBS if anyone know?
If I didn't have a DO acceptance I would look at it

Can someone post the facebook group for accepted med students or MBS students? I can't seem to find it

Did anyone else have a missed call from CalMed today? No voicemail; I called them back and they had no record of anyone calling me...

Current M1 students - how has the first week been for you guys? Just got my first acceptance into this school's MBS program and debating whether or not to accept the offer.

Current M1 students - how has the first week been for you guys? Just got my first acceptance into this school's MBS program and debating whether or not to accept the offer.

More or less like drinking from a fire hose as the common analogy goes. But being the first week we're still getting adjusted I'd say. We're actively providing feedback to the faculty about how things are structured and they have been very eager to work with us the best they can. The idea behind the curriculum is good, however, it feels a bit "busy" at the moment. It might take a few months to iron out the details but I'm not too worried about it. The faculty are quick to respond to concerns and they are more than willing to work with us and fine tune the curriculum as we move along.

Having said that I'm not 100% sure how the MBS program is structured so I can't really speak on that in relation to what I've said. However, the faculty are very accommodating and seem invested in the students. I can only assume they would be as attentive with the MBS students but again I don't know the format so it's hard for me to say!

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
More or less like drinking from a fire hose as the common analogy goes. But being the first week we're still getting adjusted I'd say. We're actively providing feedback to the faculty about how things are structured and they have been very eager to work with us the best they can. The idea behind the curriculum is good, however, it feels a bit "busy" at the moment. It might take a few months to iron out the details but I'm not too worried about it. The faculty are quick to respond to concerns and they are more than willing to work with us and fine tune the curriculum as we move along.

Having said that I'm not 100% sure how the MBS program is structured so I can't really speak on that in relation to what I've said. However, the faculty are very accommodating and seem invested in the students. I can only assume they would be as attentive with the MBS students but again I don't know the format so it's hard for me to say!

Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to reply! I am glad to hear that the faculty is supportive and invested in the students.

Congrats on the acceptance!

I’ll echo what my classmate said above. I’ll also add that EVERYTHING is structured around team-building and team learning, so if you’re the kind of person who prefers studying alone and doing their own thing, you will not have a good time here. Personally, I’m having a blast getting to know all my classmates and I’m enjoying medical school way more than I thought I could. BUT ymmv! Just my $0.02

For anybody who interviewed here earlier this year, what did they say were the average stats for accepted students? Thank you!

For anybody who interviewed here earlier this year, what did they say were the average stats for accepted students? Thank you!

The average MCAT for the current class is 513 although the average for accepted students was at least 514 the last I had heard. I can't give you any specifics for GPA as I can't remember, but I know it followed a similar trend. That is to say, the average GPA was a little above average of MD matriculating students as a whole.

The average MCAT for the current class is 513 although the average for accepted students was at least 514 the last I had heard. I can't give you any specifics for GPA as I can't remember, but I know it followed a similar trend. That is to say, the average GPA was a little above average of MD matriculating students as a whole.

Do they care about how your score breaks down? can you get in with one particularly low score as long as your overall is good?