2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 10/30 and we were told we would start hearing back tomorrow (11/15) up until 2 weeks after that.

Members don't see this ad :)
What did you guys think of CUSOM's first match list? I know there isn't too much utility in interpreting match lists, but I remember thinking it was solid for a newer school (can't find it for the life of me).

Made my deposit today! Interviewed in mid September. 3.8 science and cumulative 502 mcat in state non traditional

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted via email!! Interviewed 10/16

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know the interview acceptance rate for this school?

So they say to place deposit before Nov 15. So that means on Nov 15 it is too late to send in deposit. So it is due Nov 14? I am a bit confused.. I have to wait to deposit tomorrow (nov 15) but am suddenly freaking out. Can anyone clarify?

So they say to place deposit before Nov 15. So that means on Nov 15 it is too late to send in deposit. So it is due Nov 14? I am a bit confused.. I have to wait to deposit tomorrow (nov 15) but am suddenly freaking out. Can anyone clarify?

Stephanie Goral the admissions director has her email on her phone. I would email her ASAP. Would not consult SDN on this given deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. I hope it goes to one of you!

Reactions: 1 user
Guys, does pre-interview hold equal a rejection or do students get pulled of 'hold' list? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone been accepted with a LizzyM less than 62 without a post-bacc? The fact that people are interviewing, getting rejected with a recommendation for their post-bacc program is intimidating.

What did you find out if you don’t mind me asking?

Does this school give you a computer or am I imagining this?

Does this school give you a computer or am I imagining this?
Yes they do. They said it was included in your tuition, and that you were going to take your exams on it. Also if it breaks or gets lost, they give you another one for free.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Has anyone been accepted with a LizzyM less than 62 without a post-bacc? The fact that people are interviewing, getting rejected with a recommendation for their post-bacc program is intimidating.

I might call and ask admissions. Some people in my program were autorejected if their gpa was under a 3.2. I think most accepted students had an mcat over 500

I might call and ask admissions. Some people in my program were autorejected if their gpa was under a 3.2. I think most accepted students had an mcat over 500
My LizzyM is 62.2, and I interviewed there last Tuesday. I'm finishing up a second undergraduate degree though, and my last 2 MCAT are 500 and 499. I do love it there though and I hope I get accepted. I'm originally from Haiti and they have mission trips to Haiti sometimes with students which I would really like to participate in.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if a Dec. 5 interview would potentially be for a waitlist position? Is it okay to call and ask them?

Anyone know if a Dec. 5 interview would potentially be for a waitlist position? Is it okay to call and ask them?
They would specifically state it in the interview invite email that you are interviewing for a waitlist spot, if that was the case. That's what they did last year.

They would specifically state it in the interview invite email that you are interviewing for a waitlist spot, if that was the case. That's what they did last year.
I don't think they're doing that this year because when I got the invite it offered dates in January/February until I called and they gave me the Dec. 5 date. And I'm pretty sure the Jan./Feb/ dates were for waitlist and the email didn't mention anything.

I don't think they're doing that this year because when I got the invite it offered dates in January/February until I called and they gave me the Dec. 5 date. And I'm pretty sure the Jan./Feb/ dates were for waitlist and the email didn't mention anything.

My interview has been set for quite some time now (Dec 11th) and when I was given possible dates over a month ago, January dates were there with no mention of a waitlist. I wouldn't worry, I think you're good!

Accepted! But will be withdrawing my seat. I hope it goes to one of you!

II 11/21! Complete 11/16, nontrad, IS.

They tried to offer me next Tuesday but I have another interview then, so it'll be December 11th for me. :)

Ive heard that all of their seats are filled and they can only send out acceptances as people withdraw

I called the Admissions Office and they said that my Dec. 5 interview would "definitely be for a seat" and the class begins to fill up toward the end of Jan.

I called the Admissions Office and they said that my Dec. 5 interview would "definitely be for a seat" and the class begins to fill up toward the end of Jan.
Yea it's for a seat but you have to wait for the seat to open up before they can send an acceptance. They know people will withdraw they just don't know when

When I interviewed, one of the others there said he asked about the class size they said they had already filled up around 130 out of the 160 seats they had to offer. Which sounds insane to me cause interviews go into next year. How could they have filled so many seats so early. I can understand filling early to prepare for a few withdraws, but to be so close to capacity already seems odd. But this is just what I heard from another interviewee.

Why are you guys panicking? Lol. If their class size is 150-160 then they need to accept at least 250-300 people to secure a full class. Schools like PCOM and KCU hasn't filled their classes yet so I doubt CUSOM did it before them. Relax.

Hey everyone! I went to undergrad here for three years.

If you want info on the area or what amenities are available to you, let me know.

My info might be slightly dated since I went there from 2012-2015, but I’m willing to give you pointers on anything you’re thinking about the area.

Why are you guys panicking? Lol. If their class size is 150-160 then they need to accept at least 250-300 people to secure a full class. Schools like PCOM and KCU hasn't filled their classes yet so I doubt CUSOM did it before them. Relax.
Mostly because it's about an $800 trip for me to go to NC so I wanted to be sure it wasn't for nothing. That's sorta why I was worried.

Yea it's for a seat but you have to wait for the seat to open up before they can send an acceptance. They know people will withdraw they just don't know when

Isn't that the definition of the waitlist? These med schools got me like huuuh

Isn't that the definition of the waitlist? These med schools got me like huuuh
No, it's not because they don't put you on the waitlist, but instead they make you wait like a month after your interview (so by then seats are opened) to give you a decision.