2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
From what they said at the interview, the admission board meets the day after the interview to decide. We just don't get the results till 2-6 weeks later.

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed on the 30th. I contacted the coordinator and she said that the next big deadline is the 8th of December. So we should be hearing back sometime around that week.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully we hear back before the 14th. I can't afford to lose more money this cycle lol.

Reactions: 1 users
Okayyy, its been nearly a month since my interview. Starting to get a bit nervous.

Okayyy, its been nearly a month since my interview. Starting to get a bit nervous.
They are definitely waiting until Dec 8/9 when they have a lock on students from the last acceptance group.

Does anybody know if there is a Facebook group for the Class of 2022 yet? Could somebody post or send me a pm with a link to it, Thanks!

Let go of my 12/11 II.

Good luck and congratulations to everyone!

Did anyone else get the email 5-10 days prior to their interview that it may be for a waitlist position?! Anyone know what the waitlist movement for this school is like?

Did anyone else get the email 5-10 days prior to their interview that it may be for a waitlist position?! Anyone know what the waitlist movement for this school is like?
I would take the waitlist notation with a grain of salt. From what I can tell, CUSOM doesn’t publish an accepted figure, they only publish matriculated, which makes it hard to tell how many student they have to accept for each spot. But if they’re like other DO schools, they need to accept multiple students for each seat as some will ultimately end up at other schools. While they’re still scheduling interviews (it appears they are), I understand the waitlist notation to mean that they will take longer than their normal “2 weeks” turn around time to get an acceptance back to you because they have to wait for previously accepted to students to either withdraw or pay deposits (currently, accepted students have 30 days to pay their deposit). A true waitlist would start once they have concluded all interviews (this is when some schools tell you your waitlist rank/quartile) and you are competing with all other waitlisted applicants for a seat. I understand CUSOM’s current waitlist, especially since they say your MAY be interviewing for a waitlist postion, to be more of a “we need a little more time then normal before we release acceptances” warning.

Can anyone comment on the amount of stuff they give you to take home during the interview (papers and whatnot)? I'm trying to decide between bringing a laptop sized tote bag or just a simple padfolio. (And overthinking it because this is my first interview haha)

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone comment on the amount of stuff they give you to take home during the interview (papers and whatnot)? I'm trying to decide between bringing a laptop sized tote bag or just a simple padfolio. (And overthinking it because this is my first interview haha)
Just a simple pad folio would do. They actually give you a folder with all of the papers and information already in it. Also, don’t overthink it. CUSOM was my first interview as well and it was a great experience! Just relax as best you can and good luck!

I would take the waitlist notation with a grain of salt. From what I can tell, CUSOM doesn’t publish an accepted figure, they only publish matriculated, which makes it hard to tell how many student they have to accept for each spot. But if they’re like other DO schools, they need to accept multiple students for each seat as some will ultimately end up at other schools. While they’re still scheduling interviews (it appears they are), I understand the waitlist notation to mean that they will take longer than their normal “2 weeks” turn around time to get an acceptance back to you because they have to wait for previously accepted to students to either withdraw or pay deposits (currently, accepted students have 30 days to pay their deposit). A true waitlist would start once they have concluded all interviews (this is when some schools tell you your waitlist rank/quartile) and you are competing with all other waitlisted applicants for a seat. I understand CUSOM’s current waitlist, especially since they say your MAY be interviewing for a waitlist postion, to be more of a “we need a little more time then normal before we release acceptances” warning.
I called and spoke with someone today, who was very helpful, and she said that for the interviews in the next couple weeks, it would likely NOT be for a waitlist seat. They wanted to send that in the email just to be "as transparent as possible". She said they are going by previous years applicant data, and that it is impossible to guestimate the time that they will begin interviewing for waitlist only. Hope that helps!

Just received an email saying I was accepted!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted 20 mins ago via email. Interviewed 10/30.

Reactions: 3 users
No decisions for the week of 6/7th of November? Sigh. I guess we will wait.

Accepted today and interviewed 10/30 as well. Good luck to the rest of you, I know it's a long wait!

oct 31st

i remember being really excited about the school :3

Got on here and read all these acceptance emails from people with my interview date. Now i'm too nervous to check my email (even though I been checking it like every 3-4 hours for the past month).

So I just found my secondary in my spam. Is it to late to apply? I received my secondary last month

After the castlebranch background check is done does it get sent to CUSOM automatically or do we need send it to them?

After the castlebranch background check is done does it get sent to CUSOM automatically or do we need send it to them?

They can review the results, no need to send it!

Deposit submitted, completed everything through CastleBranch, CUSOM Class of 2022!! Woo

Reactions: 4 users
No decisions for the week of 6/7th of November? Sigh. I guess we will wait.

I interviewed the 7th. Haven't heard anything. But like many here I agree, Campbell was by far my most enjoyable interview experience and I am keeping my fingers crossed for an acceptance.

Accepted, interviewed November 6th. However I won't be going here, so hopefully one of you guys gets the spot.

ImageUploadedBySDN1512755699.465637.jpg

<3 you shouldn't have! <3 <3

(also...Still really conflicted about the attendance policy although I fell in love with the school. Would love to hear more from current students about their take on it)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else hear a decision from the Nov 6th/7th interviews ?

I know 11/6 heard back today-- any guesses when 11/14 will hear back?

Just wondering if this school sends rejection letters ? or it is silent rejection like many schools

Accepted, interviewed November 6th. However I won't be going here, so hopefully one of you guys gets the spot.
Just curious if Are you going to notify admissions right away so that it can go to someone else , or you are going to wait till the dead line approaches.

View attachment 226322

<3 you shouldn't have! <3 <3

(also...Still really conflicted about the attendance policy although I fell in love with the school. Would love to hear more from current students about their take on it)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

CUSOM is an awesome school but I was accepted somewhere that is closer to home so geography plays a big role in my decision.

Just curious if Are you going to notify admissions right away so that it can go to someone else , or you are going to wait till the dead line approaches.

I already notified the school, I wouldn't drag it to the last day haha.

I know 11/6 heard back today-- any guesses when 11/14 will hear back?

I actually interviewed on the 6th but have not hear back yet today. So I'm unsure if everyone from that date has heard :nailbiting:

Hi everyone! I also interviewed 11/6 but I haven't heard back from CUSOM-pai either. I just finished talking to the school and they said that the decisions for 11/6-11/7 interview date will be rolling until the end of next week (so by 12/15 by the latest).

Reactions: 3 users
Rejected, interviewed November 6th. So for those of you that haven't gotten an email yet, I think it's good news and not bad ones, as I got in touch with another student that interviewed with me the same day and she was denied as well via email today. It's strange because I felt good about the interview and felt like I connected well with the faculty, but I assume my GPA wasn't high enough or something. Good luck to the rest of you guys :).

Rejected, interviewed November 6th. So for those of you that haven't gotten an email yet, I think it's good news and not bad ones, as I got in touch with another student that interviewed with me the same day and she was denied as well via email today. It's strange because I felt good about the interview and felt like I connected well with the faculty, but I assume my GPA wasn't high enough or something. Good luck to the rest of you guys :).
Me too I got rejected via email today . But I interviewed on November 14th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile

Me too I got rejected via email today . But I interviewed on November 14th.

Sent from my SM-G950U using SDN mobile
Mind sending me your stats via PM? I think we will have a common denominator haha. It doesn't hurt that much since I have two other acceptances but still I liked the school, and I wasted $700 on travel and such.

What time did you receive this email?

Me too, I got rejected and interviewed on 11/6 :(

Rejection email today. Interviewed 11/31. 3.4 GPA, 497 MCAT, lots of experience. Have another acceptance so all is well. Good luck to all other interviewees, applicants, and those accepted!