2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS, but very interested in rural medicine. ~3.5 GPA 510+ MCAT.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile

That's strange. I received a secondary a few minutes ago, and our stats are pretty similar.

Members don't see this ad.

That's strange. I received a secondary a few minutes ago, and our stats are pretty similar.
I have almost identical stats and haven't gotten one either. I'm guessing they're just going down the list of applications in no particular order and sending secondaries after an initial pass.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS, but very interested in rural medicine. ~3.5 GPA 510+ MCAT.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using SDN mobile
If you don't have any red flags on your application and you demonstrated your interest in rural medicine, then I would think it's bc they think you may be using them as your backup school bc your MCAT is pretty high

edit: I would also email or call to ask. I have been calling and email schools day and out

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't have any red flags on your application and you demonstrated your interest in rural medicine, then I would think it's bc they think you may be using them as your backup school bc your MCAT is pretty high

edit: I would also email or call to ask. I have been calling and email schools day and out

I sent them an e-mail. I'll see what happens. Not using them as a back up school, but even so I would expect them to send me a secondary.... I'll let you know when the reply!

What five qualities do you feel you bring to CUSOM that would enhance the overall climate of our school? How do these qualities meet the CUSOM mission?

Osteopathic medicine parallels allopathic medicine but has principles and practices that are distinct. Which of these principles and practices are of greatest interest to you and why?

(2,000 character limit)

Is that it? Last year cycle they had like 4 questions..
Thanks!

I sent them an e-mail. I'll see what happens. Not using them as a back up school, but even so I would expect them to send me a secondary.... I'll let you know when the reply!
Yeah from what I've hard, they screen pretty strictly. Do you have exposure to rural medicine and all that jazz? Congrats on your mcat though..hook me up with an apple?

Yeah from what I've hard, they screen pretty strictly. Do you have exposure to rural medicine and all that jazz? Congrats on your mcat though..hook me up with an apple?

Shadowed a DO practicing in a town of ~5,000. Mentioned rural medicine in my PS and other essays. I also have family in NC, but they would not know that from my primary.

Thanks good sir, I don't know how I pulled it off. Pink Lady, Gala, Honeycrisp, Red Delicious? let me know what you want, I got it ;)

Shadowed a DO practicing in a town of ~5,000. Mentioned rural medicine in my PS and other essays. I also have family in NC, but they would not know that from my primary.

Thanks good sir, I don't know how I pulled it off. Pink Lady, Gala, Honeycrisp, Red Delicious? let me know what you want, I got it ;)
Damn, then I would be as dumbfounded as you are. Red delicious all the way hahah.

Do you guys know if this city and the cities surrounding are LGBT friendly?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm not sure (since I'll be starting as an M1), but I think this was asked before in previous class years and the answer has been either positive/neutral. No one has said anything, or complained about discrimination.

I will say there are many people with different beliefs that are openly accepted. I myself being non-religious wasn't uncomfortable with the school's policies, nor was religion shoved down my throat during my interviews or by any staff or students

Reactions: 1 users
I am in the same boat. I am willing to answer any questions that applicants may have. If you would rather PM me that works as well.

I'm considering applying to this school. Nontrad 3.3 cGPA/sGPA with 505 MCAT. Thousands of hours of ECs with lots of underserved but only a few hundred related to rural medicine. Do you know if they have an instate bias?

Anyone having issues with the payment for the secondary?

Do you have to have to have all LOR at hand in order to receive a secondary? I've gotten the review email, but not a secondary yet. I'm still waiting on a letter from a DO that he has stated will be done soon

Members don't see this ad :)
you have to call and talk to the business dept. they will send you a link that will work. I had this problem last week

Just got an email telling me my application is officially under review!

I'm considering applying to this school. Nontrad 3.3 cGPA/sGPA with 505 MCAT. Thousands of hours of ECs with lots of underserved but only a few hundred related to rural medicine. Do you know if they have an instate bias?

No they do not. By the way, for your future reference, the AACOMAS website has a link to a PDF that tells you the percent of in state VS out of state applicants they matriculate

No they do not. By the way, for your future reference, the AACOMAS website has a link to a PDF that tells you the percent of in state VS out of state applicants they matriculate

Thanks! I recently discovered this. I ended up applying and just got an email they've received it.

Complete/under review E-mail just now!

you have to call and talk to the business dept. they will send you a link that will work. I had this problem last week
Did you call during the work week? I just had the same problem.

Anyone else submit their secondary but wasn't able to access the page to pay the application fee? I just submitted it this morning but the URL they gave to confirm the app by submitting the fee was no longer available..?

Did you call during the work week? I just had the same problem.
i had that problem last week. I just called the admissions office and they transferred me to business dept. It was during normal business hours

Anyone else submit their secondary but wasn't able to access the page to pay the application fee? I just submitted it this morning but the URL they gave to confirm the app by submitting the fee was no longer available..?
Try the link in the email. It should work. If not DM me I will send you the link

What is this "medical missions track" they talk about in the secondary? Like I wouldn't mind going on a few relief trips but I don't want my entire 4 year education to be about mission medicine...

Secondary received email, I think the email implies that I would get an interview decision in 3-4 weeks

What's everyone's update with Campbell? I just got my application complete email after submitting my secondary last week!

Email mentions that they make a decision about your status in up to 3 weeks

What's everyone's update with Campbell? I just got my application complete email after submitting my secondary last week!

Email mentions that they make a decision about your status in up to 3 weeks

Same as you. Complete last Thursday, and waiting for that lovely phone call/Email!

Same as you. Complete last Thursday, and waiting for that lovely phone call/Email!

I am going on a cruise today, do you think if they can't reach me via phone, then they would email me?

I am going on a cruise today, do you think if they can't reach me via phone, then they would email me?
If I remember correctly, last cycle they called the first dozen or so students who received IIs, and after that the rest came through Email. I'm positive they will send you an Email to compensate, if you miss the call.

Edit: BTW have a blast!

I submitted my application and paid the fee last night. On paying the fee, they did not ask for the AACOMAS ID. Should I contact them to let them know, or would they know already?

Looks like last year they started making phone calls around the end of july! Hope we all hear something soon!

Reactions: 2 users
I believe this has been touched upon before, but Campbell screens pretty strictly before sending out secondaries, right?

I have no idea. I would reach out to Admissions. They are good about responding to questions.

I actually did e-mail and got word back from admissions! Leaving it here in case anyone else was on the cusp:
3.2 for both overall and science GPAs. So with the new grade replacement policy, I'm out even with a 510+ MCAT but good luck to everyone!

I actually did e-mail and got word back from admissions! Leaving it here in case anyone else was on the cusp:
3.2 for both overall and science GPAs. So with the new grade replacement policy, I'm out even with a 510+ MCAT but good luck to everyone!

Wow, that's really unfortunate. Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you'll get some love with that MCAT!

Thats unfortunate. Congrats on your MCAT!

I got an email the other day saying my secondary was received. Do they send an additional email saying it is complete? Or will the next step be an interview request, if given

I got an email the other day saying my secondary was received. Do they send an additional email saying it is complete? Or will the next step be an interview request, if given
You should get an application complete email.