2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's only $50, renting a car is $180 since i'm under 25...

Or is anyone going to the 1/23 interview trying to split a car rental? LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Any accepted people know about how long after acceptance they send scholarship application invites?

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted this afternoon due to availability of seats. Interviewed 12/12. Does anyone know if waitlisted students are sent scholarship applications within 2 weeks or do we have to wait for a seat to open up? lt'd be great to save some time for other waitlisted applicants by knowing the cost of attending by the time a seat becomes available. With multiple acceptances from schools I would be happy to attend, this is probably the biggest factor for me at the moment.

Any accepted people know about how long after acceptance they send scholarship application invites?
I didn’t get a scholarship invite until about a month after my acceptance. The turnaround time after that was pretty quick!

Waitlisted. Interviewed 12-11! Super stoked!!! Can’t wait to see some movement on the waitlist :)

For anyone wondering about scholarships, I spoke with someone in the financial office and it turns out they have given away all their scholarship money as of 12/1/17. Additonally, if you do not receive a scholarship your first year, they will not offer you a scholarship during your 2nd, 3rd and/or fourth year based on merit or service. It seems undergrad gpa, mcat score, and interview determining your scholarship status all of medical school is a little wrong, especially if you are performing at a much higher level than those with scholarships - most other medical schools offer some kind of reward for doing well in med school or serving your community. Any thoughts?

Reactions: 1 user
For anyone wondering about scholarships, I spoke with someone in the financial office and it turns out they have given away all their scholarship money as of 12/1/17. Additonally, if you do not receive a scholarship your first year, they will not offer you a scholarship during your 2nd, 3rd and/or fourth year based on merit or service. It seems undergrad gpa, mcat score, and interview determining your scholarship status all of medical school is a little wrong, especially if you are performing at a much higher level than those with scholarships - most other medical schools offer some kind of reward for doing well in med school or serving your community. Any thoughts?
Scholarships aren’t a reward for good performance they are a recruiting tool to draw high performers....as an ms2-3-4 they already have you and don’t need to recruit you

Early bird gets the worm

If so called "high performers" do the minimum 3.5 to maintain the criteria but another student has a 4.0 with quality service to the community, do they not also deserve one, maybe even moreso than the "high performer"? Almost every other medical school believes so
then go get a scholarship at those schools...

I don't know what to tell you, you asked a question and I answered...we may just disagree on this topic

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. I’m super late to the party here. I am interviewing tomorrow and was wanting to know if anyone knew how many seats were still available? Seems like most people are interviewing for wait list spots now which is fine with me, I was just curious!!

For anyone who hasn't interviewed:

Did you get any Academic Update email?

Anyone know when accepted students day is?

Interview Invite recently! Go fighting camels!

Last edited:
Hey guys, recently accepted here and I'm seriously considering attending.

Can anyone from the area give any information about the grocery stores in the area? I saw a Food Lion but I'm from OOS and don't know what they're like (on a scale from grocery store with no decent produce to Whole Foods).

Hey guys, recently accepted here and I'm seriously considering attending.

Can anyone from the area give any information about the grocery stores in the area? I saw a Food Lion but I'm from OOS and don't know what they're like (on a scale from grocery store with no decent produce to Whole Foods).
Food lion is mediocre at best

Food lion is mediocre at best

Thanks! Are there other stores in a 10-20 minute driving distance that are better?
Google shows some places called The Pod, Cape Fear Beverage and Variety, Carlie C's. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Can any current study post the tentative yearly schedule? I saw the week at a glance but I'm wondering if anyone would mind posting what the year is actually like

They have the block-wise schedule posted at the end of the academic bulletin on the website.

Thanks! I'm wondering if they have a week by week hour by hour type thing that the students currently in ms1 and ms2 have access to

Hello all. Recently got an Interview Invite here and I'm thinking about whether to go for the interview or not. I've already been accepted to KCU-Joplin. Between both of these schools, am I correct to say that KCU is the better school?

Hello all. Recently got an Interview Invite here and I'm thinking about whether to go for the interview or not. I've already been accepted to KCU-Joplin. Between both of these schools, am I correct to say that KCU is the better school?

Ultimately as with all interviews it is up to you. If you were accepted into CUSOM would you ever choose it over KCU-Joplin? If you would not then it is not worth the interview. KCU-Joplin is the new satelite of KCU correct (2017 opened)? So it does not have a graduated class yet or admissions statistics backing up that it’s curriculum is as good as the original school so that would be a consideration to look at other schools.

has anyone on the waitlist heard about seats opening up yet?

has anyone on the waitlist heard about seats opening up yet?
I was in the second batch of waitlist notifications that were sent out (11 days ago) and I haven't heard anything yet. I assume I would spend at least a month on the waitlist so that those accepted ahead of me are given a chance to decline or fail to pay their deposit.

Reactions: 1 users

Yea I agree with you. I think that def sucks especially if you kill it year one. I am heading to ECU in the fall so will be withdrawing my acceptance later this month.

Question: so I sent a letter update to a medical school and the director of admissions emailed me back. She said if i had questions on my application or if i wanted to discuss my application to call her and she gave me her number. What does that mean? Not accepted but discuss improvements?

Last edited:
Question: so I sent a letter update to a medical school and the director of admissions email me back. She said if i had questions on my applications or if i wanted to discuss my application to call her and she gave me her number. What does that mean? Not accepted but discuss improvements?
Don't be shy, give her a ring and chat with her! Only she knows what she meant ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if it's a good sign to receive a secondary? Or is that just like every other program?

Does anyone know if it's a good sign to receive a secondary? Or is that just like every other program?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Campbell does any intense pre screening. So if your stats are close to their preferred range, you get a secondary. I do feel that they look at their primary applications though. Definitely more so than schools that receive 10,000 + apps in a cycle (i.e georgetown, loyola, etc...).

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that Campbell does any intense pre screening. So if your stats are close to their preferred range, you get a secondary. I do feel that they look at their primary applications though. Definitely more so than schools that receive 10,000 + apps in a cycle (i.e georgetown, loyola, etc...).

^ I agree with this statement.

Cancelled my interview scheduled on January 29.
Hope it will go to one of you.

Last edited:
Will be withdrawing my acceptance here. Hope it goes to one of you!

Anyone else who was waitlisted in November get an acceptance or rejection? I was waitlisted after my 11/14 interview and have heard nothing since...

Question: so I sent a letter update to a medical school and the director of admissions emailed me back. She said if i had questions on my application or if i wanted to discuss my application to call her and she gave me her number. What does that mean? Not accepted but discuss improvements?

Was this CUSOM or a different school?

Cancelled my interview scheduled on January 29.
Hope it will go to one of you.
I think it may have gone to me! Just received an interview invite today for January 29th!

Anyone have access to their residency match list that they can post?
Does anyone know the match list?
4EDF2BAE-9261-4DC0-A97A-D11CFFFBD33F.png
8AE17ACE-F8A6-4A97-8E40-482AFBC2C510.png

Last year’s match list

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Current OMS-3, PM if you have any questions after being accepted.

Are the interviews for the end of February for the waitlist spots?