2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats on everyone accepted so far! Good luck to all the waitlisted! Excited to meet everyone on accepted students day tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m super excited to say I’ve been accepted off the waitlist!! Can’t wait to be a part of the CUSOM class of 2022!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any experience with how CUSOM handles deferring acceptances for a year?

Does anyone know which housing areas/ apartment complexes to avoid? I am in the process of finding housing and would appreciate any advice! Currently interested in Lauramy creek apartments in addition to others. Thanks!

Just got the accepted email! Interviewed in December and was waitlisted in January :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! So did I! Do you have housing plans yet? Currently looking for a roommate

Haha I do not currently have any plans! By chance I’m going to be in the Raleigh area this week/weekend for a wedding and I was planning on checking out some apartments. I also just requested to join the CO 2022 FB group for suggestions.

I know I really liked the Fuquay Varina area when I was interviewing - suggestions on apartments?

Haha I do not currently have any plans! By chance I’m going to be in the Raleigh area this week/weekend for a wedding and I was planning on checking out some apartments. I also just requested to join the CO 2022 FB group for suggestions.

I know I really liked the Fuquay Varina area when I was interviewing - suggestions on apartments?
Jen has a list places with history of being good to students

Oh cool! Yeah I’ll be around this weekend if you would like to meet up. I’ve been looking at a few places

Just received an acceptance email today however I will be declining my seat. Good luck to anyone still waiting!!

Do we have to do two drug screens prior to matriculation? I have already completed the Castlebranch screen, but I noticed in the matriculation email it also says "Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine students are required to provide a completed medical history form, proof of immunization, a completed drug screen, and a completed physical examination conducted by a licensed physician." I assume we only need the Castlebranch screen, but just wanted to make sure.
Just one drug screen. Also, feel free to join the Facebook group for these things. Can find a lot of answers to questions there.

I got an acceptance this morning but have declined. I was in the Middle Tier of the wait list. Good luck to those still waiting!

Reactions: 1 users
Just got the accepted email! Interviewed in December and was waitlisted in January :)
Congratulations! Did you get a phone call as well or was it just an email?
I got an acceptance this morning but have declined. I was in the Middle Tier of the wait list. Good luck to those still waiting!
Congratulations on your acceptance. How long were you on the waitlist?

That is interesting because I am on the high tier waitlist and all I got from them was an email saying to respond to them if I was still interested in being in their waitlist.

Thank you! I was waitlisted March 1st. They sent me an acceptance email without a phone call.

That is interesting because I am on the high tier waitlist and all I got from them was an email saying to respond to them if I was still interested in being in their waitlist.

That is strange. I'm not sure how they're utilizing the waitlist system, but it never hurts to send updates/LOIs if you haven't already. I did get interviewed by Dr. Kauffman, the Dean of CUSOM, so that may have had a factor into my acceptance.

Good luck to everyone applying! If you guys have any questions about interviews or anything else, feel free to ask! I'll be starting school at CUSOM in a month.
I have a few questions. I cannot find the chat though. Mind if I ask a few questions? Thanks!

Hey everyone! Thinking of applying to Campbell this upcoming cycle and am wondering how OOS-friendly they are? Feel free to DM me! Thank you :)

I got an email early in the morning (9am EDT), I had a missed call later that day that said the area code was NC but no voicemail.

does anyone who has previously interviewed or who has been accepted have any advice on the best or most convenient hotel to stay in when interviewing at CUSOM?

does anyone who has previously interviewed or who has been accepted have any advice on the best or most convenient hotel to stay in when interviewing at CUSOM?

Microtel in Lillington I believe it was. Like 10 minutes from the school and real nice

I stayed at the Microtel too. Everything was fine except the shower didn’t have hot water. They let me do an early check in and they had an iron and hairdryer. Not a bad place to stay

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile