2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't post much on the forums but have been a lurker. Just received II today via phone call!
Some general stats: OOS, 3.6 gpa 513 MCAT (30 on old). submitted 7/21. On another note, I set up an interview date for 8/28 if anyone wants to share rooms or want a ride from NYC!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How long after the 3 week period should one wait before inquiring about app status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got the secondary after being sent for further review in late June.

Did you get a confirmation email from Campbell once you sent your secondary in? Or did you count 3 weeks from when you submitted it?

How long after y'all submitted your secondaries did you receive complete's?

Are there alot of people that get accepted here after interviews? What are the chances for acceptance after the interview? I know some people who got rejected after II

Last edited:
for those who live in NC or got II's, what is the closest hotel to the school? and Are there any Uber or car services? I will be coming from NYS.

for those who live in NC or got II's, what is the closest hotel to the school? and Are there any Uber or car services? I will be coming from NYS.

Definitely look into Airbnb for a room! They have plenty of cheap options that looked good. I got mine for about $25 a night. Not sure about the car situation. I planned on driving up to NC

Members don't see this ad :)

AirBNB is a great option. If you are set on a hotel, I've heard good things about the Microtel Inn in Lillington. That's less than 10 minutes from the medical school. I'm fairly local, so I'm just going to get up early on the morning of and drive in.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Would also recommend the Microtel and that way you can drive to the school the day before. There's also hotels in Raleigh or Fuquay, but they'll run you a bit more money. I'm fairly local and it's not that difficult to find the school, but can be if it's your first time. Also, there's not really an uber or shuttle service out there from the airport last time I checked - it's about 40 minutes away from RDU.

AirBNB is a great option. If you are set on a hotel, I've heard good things about the Microtel Inn in Lillington. That's less than 10 minutes from the medical school. I'm fairly local, so I'm just going to get up early on the morning of and drive in.

Sent from my iPhon using SDmobile
I'm from NC and will only be traveling for the day I'm sorry!
I found some Taxi Services that are 24/7, are they reliable?

Is the complete email the same as the email saying they got your secondary?

Are there alot of people that get accepted here after interviews? What are the chances for acceptance after the interview? I know some people who got rejected after II

I would like to know about this too. I've got an interview on the 28th - IS 506 3.7cgpa 3.75sgpa

According to last year's threads, people found out within a week of interviewing. Most people found out the Friday after they interviewed. Not sure if it'll be the same this year, but I'm sure they'll let us know during our interview. I interview Monday so I will keep y'all updated.

Reactions: 1 users
According to last year's threads, people found out within a week of interviewing. Most people found out the Friday after they interviewed. Not sure if it'll be the same this year, but I'm sure they'll let us know during our interview. I interview Monday so I will keep y'all updated.

I interview on Monday too, I didn't know the turn around was quite that fast! Pretty impressive

I'm at four weeks post secondary complete email (July 12), but haven't heard anything. Anyone else in a similar situation?

Reactions: 2 users
I'm at four weeks post secondary complete email (July 12), but haven't heard anything. Anyone else in a similar situation?
complete 7/19. not sure if I should call or not..OOS with okay stats.

Same here. I met with them last spring so I am a little surprised I haven't heard anything. 3.7 cGPA, 3.8 sGPA, 4.0 grad GPA, 502 MCAT (did ****ty on CARS). Fam medicine for 2 years and MA at clinic for patients without health insurance

In-State

I interview on Monday too, I didn't know the turn around was quite that fast! Pretty impressive

I'm interviewing on Monday as well..... my 21st birthday! Hoping Campbell gives me a present!

I'm interviewing on Monday as well..... my 21st birthday! Hoping Campbell gives me a present!

Oh wow, that's great! Happy early birthday! I'm sure they'll give you a great present lol. My birthday is later this month, so if I get an acceptance I'll consider it a present too!

Just got a call this afternoon! Available dates were 8/28, 8/29, 9/5, 9/11 or 9/12.

Submitted 7/5. LizzyM ~67

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

There will be some move tomorrow for sure. There is a meeting with the Dean in the morning. Finger crossed, few of us will move to the next step: secondary or interview Invite. I am local, so I could help with few questions related to logistics. Can also do few trips to the airport for at least two people. PM me if interested.

Good luck to everyone applying! If you guys have any questions about interviews or anything else, feel free to ask! I'll be starting school at CUSOM in a month.
Hey,
I am interviewing September and was wondering which hotel you recommended staying at? I know the Microtel Inn is pretty cheap, but it is also 2 stars lol..

Hey,
I am interviewing September and was wondering which hotel you recommended staying at? I know the Microtel Inn is pretty cheap, but it is also 2 stars lol..
Lilington/Buies Creek/Dunn is the country. Don't expect to have a five star hotel around. If you don't mind taking a cab from Fuquay-varina to lilington, which is about 20-30 miles, I would make some good recommendations.

Hey guys! Got the call for II yesterday, scheduled it for 8/29. Anyone else interviewing that day?

I submitted the secondary for here about a week ago. Is that considered late? I thought they reviewed later :/

I submitted the secondary for here about a week ago. Is that considered late? I thought they reviewed later :/

I definitely wouldn't worry about it. I submitted my secondary ~1.5 weeks ago and they just called about the II yesterday.

Anyone know acceptance rates post interview? Would love to have an acceptance and chill the rest of the cycle. I cannot check my email 50+ times a day for 8 more months...

Hey! My email from Campbell with details about the interview day (schedule, times, etc.) somehow got deleted. Is there any way someone could message me the details or an attachment of the details? You'd be so incredibly helpful, and I'd really appreciate it!

Finally made it to NC! About to head over to the school to make sure I know where I'm going!

Reactions: 3 users
Finally made it to NC! About to head over to the school to make sure I know where I'm going!
You will know if you are accepted here in only 5 days!! So excited for you! I am interviewing her on the 21st. Positive vibes your way! Go rock this

Hey! My email from Campbell with details about the interview day (schedule, times, etc.) somehow got deleted. Is there any way someone could message me the details or an attachment of the details? You'd be so incredibly helpful, and I'd really appreciate it!
Did you get it figured out?

So are there no alternatives to getting to the school from the airport other than a taxi?

You will know if you are accepted here in only 5 days!! So excited for you! I am interviewing her on the 21st. Positive vibes your way! Go rock this

Good luck! Lets us know how it goes!!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the positive vibes and well wishes! My nerves are through the roof right now haha. I'm not sure what to expect

Good luck to anyone interviewing tomorrow! Hopefully you all receive an acceptance by the end of the week!