2017-2018 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay so, according to expedia, a car rental for a 22 year old would be 80$. Does this sound about right? I thought it would be more affordable. Perhaps it's cheaper to get it at the airport than booking it online?
You ever rent a taxi for a 2hr round trip?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Okay so, according to expedia, a car rental for a 22 year old would be 80$. Does this sound about right? I thought it would be more affordable. Perhaps it's cheaper to get it at the airport than booking it online?

Driving in Lillington itself is extremely easy. I can't speak for Raleigh, but every other city I passed on my 7.5 hour drive, including around Atlanta, wasn't bad at all. It should be reasonable enough.

Car rentals are expensive, but a taxi will cost you much more. $80 is actually reasonable considering you are 22.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, but I called the taxi service and they estimated $95 one way. It seems like it's going to be around the same price
Im an inexperience driver too. I think I rather spend few extra bucks rather getting myself in an accident the day before my interview, then I would pay so much more :D

Nope, but I called the taxi service and they estimated $95 one way. It seems like it's going to be around the same price
I am Ubering or Lyfting around to and from campus without any trouble and it's way cheaper!

Good luck to everyone interviewing today!

Reactions: 1 users
When they say 3 weeks, do they include weekends in that for the amount of time to review?

Complete emails should be falling soon, and II will follow

I just got the phone call! Accepted! I'm going to be a doctor!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you guys with acceptances! What a weight off your shoulders!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted!!! I got an email but no call, but it works!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted!!! Only email. Didn't get in last cycle, just never give up!

Reactions: 7 users
Did not feel good about one of three interviews, although my other two went really well. But I wouldnt be surprised if I got a rejection.

I did not expect to fall in love with the school. They have amazing facilities. I was extremely impressed. Kinda wish I hadn't loved it because now I'll just be all the more let down.

The admissions lady told us that out of 5000 applications, they have between 600-750 interviews (that is EXCLUDING the amount of people who turn down II). And she said between those interviews, around 60% are accepted. They meet Wed morning to decide and let you know by Friday their decision.

They asked the Why CUSOM, Why DO, Why NC, and then specific things about your app.

This is the first school out of three I can actually see myself attending. I wouldn't have expected to feel this way about a new school.

UMMMM why arent you going to MD school?!!!! You have the stats for it!!

I like all the DO schools I've visited and they just felt more right for me! CUSOM especially felt like home.

Reactions: 4 users
Got an acceptance call this afternoon!! Wasn't able to answer at the time, but they left a voicemail and email. One very important update -- the deadline for a seat-saving deposit ($1500) has been moved to November 15th.

I also interviewed on the 14th. And don't stress if you think you performed poorly. I felt the same way and overanalyzed every word I said until I got the acceptance call this afternoon. You got this!

Feel free to PM me for stats if you want them.

II yesterday! cGPA 3.61 sGPA 3.67 MCAT 509

I called this morning to check my status, and was told that I will receive a call about an interview invite later this afternoon! So excited!! My grandparents and uncle live 40 minutes from this school

Interview's scheduled for 9/5. Who else is riding on that date?

I also interviewed on the 14th. And don't stress if you think you performed poorly. I felt the same way and overanalyzed every word I said until I got the acceptance call this afternoon. You got this!

Feel free to PM me for stats if you want them.
Did they ask you if you applied to both MD and DO programs?

Do you all think its too late to submit my primary then apply here?

GPA 3.89 mcat 514, tons of research, decent ec's and clinical volunteering. I think I might do it.

GPA 3.89 mcat 514, tons of research, decent ec's and clinical volunteering. I think I might do it.
It is an awesome school. Just be aware that their focus is rural medicine and. The area is very rural

Rural or not, the area was extremely receptive and felt like home. It's a small town, but it has everything you could want not too far away, plus it's not far from other cities. I can see myself living there and it's more than likely where I'm going to end up attending!

Rural or not, the area was extremely receptive and felt like home. It's a small town, but it has everything you could want not too far away, plus it's not far from other cities. I can see myself living there and it's more than likely where I'm going to end up attending!
True. I loved the area and school.

Does anyone know the percentage of people who get accepted after interviewing at Campbell?

Does anyone know the percentage of people who get accepted after interviewing at Campbell?

The admissions lady told us that out of 5000 applications, they have between 600-750 interviews (that is EXCLUDING the amount of people who turn down II). And she said between those interviews, around 60% are accepted. They meet Wed morning to decide and let you know by Friday their decision.

To coco, don't be discouraged! I didn't feel too great about my first one, but I got accepted. You are definitely still in the race.

To coco, don't be discouraged! I didn't feel too great about my first one, but I got accepted. You are definitely still in the race.
ah thanks! Also, is rejection common here or do they mostly waitlist interviewed applicants?

ah thanks! Also, is rejection common here or do they mostly waitlist interviewed applicants?

From what I gathered at the interview, early on in the cycle it is simply accepted or rejected. Later they start doing waitlist, but that might be in the new year.

Did they ask you if you applied to both MD and DO programs?

There was no mention of it in my interview, except for the fact that I only applied to one DO school - Campbell. For that, I was asked my reason.

And it is currently admittance or denial this early in the cycle.

There was no mention of it in my interview, except for the fact that I only applied to one DO school - Campbell. For that, I was asked my reason.

And it is currently admittance or denial this early in the cycle.
I'm sort of in the same boat. I only applied to two. If you don't mind, how did you handle that question?