2017-2018 Carle-Illinois College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is traffic day?

April 30th. The day that applicants must hold onto only one acceptance and decline their other offers.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
At a personal level where would you draw the line? Top 25? Top 40? Assume without significant scholarship.
W/o scholarship I would not turn down a t25 for carle, probably not even a t35. With a full ride I'd go to pretty much any top 50 over carle.

Purely my opinion though.

Anyone receive an invitation for the "second look" event?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 4 users
Made the difficult decision of withdrawing from here. Wish one of you wonderful people gets the spot.

I'm fully confident this school will be successful. Everyone involved was extremely passionate. The student affairs office at Carle was one of the most friendliest and supportive groups I've had the pleasure of interacting with this cycle.
Might I ask why you made this choice? You can PM me if you'd prefer.

In any case, I'm sure you're headed to a fantastic school, so congrats!!

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like overall there was around ~8 who dropped from the initial batch, so I definitely predict there to be traffic in the WL! I withdrew as well and it was definitely a tough decision! Hoping our spots go to you guys!!

Seems like overall there was around ~8 who dropped from the initial batch, so I definitely predict there to be traffic in the WL! I withdrew as well and it was definitely a tough decision! Hoping our spots go to you guys!!

Is that number from admissions or is that just your count from SDN? Thank you for the update and best of luck to you!

Last edited:
Is that number from admissions or is that just your count from SDN? Thank you for the update and best of luck to you!

Man I hope this numbers right lol 25% off the waitlist

Last edited:
I saw your update, did you get accepted to Carle? Would you mind enlightening us about how you heard?

Regardless, congratulations! :)
I saw your update, did you get accepted to Carle? Would you mind enlightening us about how you heard?

Regardless, congratulations! :)
Ahh no unfortunately not yet. Someone said 8 people declined their acceptance and I thought there was 32 waitlist people, so in theory 25% should get off. I need one to be me

Ahh no unfortunately not yet. Someone said 8 people declined their acceptance and I thought there was 32 waitlist people, so in theory 25% should get off. I need one to be me
Oh ok, I was referring to your "Class of 2022" signature. And I feel you. Good luck!

No movement?
I'm thinking the admissions committee is probably meeting this week to decide who to take from the waitlist. I would guess they will be notified by the end of the week or early next week. Just a guess though.

I'm thinking the admissions committee is probably meeting this week to decide who to take from the waitlist. I would guess they will be notified by the end of the week or early next week. Just a guess though.
it's a ranked waitlist. What do they need to discuss? But yea, your guess is as good as mine.

it's a ranked waitlist. What do they need to discuss? But yea, your guess is as good as mine.

I called at the beginning of April and one of the adcom mentioned that the WL was actually not ranked and they intend to look for similar candidates as those that declined the offer, look at class balance, etc. Kinda confusing as the WL letter seemed to imply there may be a rank. So, who knows??

I called at the beginning of April and one of the adcom mentioned that the WL was actually not ranked and they intend to look for similar candidates as those that declined the offer, look at class balance, etc. Kinda confusing as the WL letter seemed to imply there may be a rank. So, who knows??
interesting...

This was my thinking. Perhaps they would like to maintain certain ratios (gender, age, etc). Does anyone know how many people are actually on the waitlist? Anyone else on the waitlist been sprinting home to check the mailbox every night?

This was my thinking. Perhaps they would like to maintain certain ratios (gender, age, etc). Does anyone know how many people are actually on the waitlist? Anyone else on the waitlist been sprinting home to check the mailbox every night?
At the open house, I think they said it would be 32 accepted and 32 waitlisted.

My assumption was there are 32 based on the open house, etc. But I could be wrong! And to hear that more people withdrew their acceptance than I anticipated is only going to make it hurt worse in the end when I finally get the axe. Good luck to all and I'm sure they are doing some sort of review of the waitlist to make sure it is a balanced class.

Reactions: 1 users
My assumption was there are 32 based on the open house, etc. But I could be wrong! And to hear that more people withdrew their acceptance than I anticipated is only going to make it hurt worse in the end when I finally get the axe. Good luck to all and I'm sure they are doing some sort of review of the waitlist to make sure it is a balanced class.
Okay, thanks! Same, I feel like disappointment is imminent for me. But on the other hand, if that many people from the accepted batch withdrew, maybe there is a similar number of people on the waitlist that are no longer interested. In any case, good luck!

why are so many people withdrawing their full ride MD acceptance from here? interested to hear what the reservations might be.

why are so many people withdrawing their full ride MD acceptance from here? interested to hear what the reservations might be.
Probably the realization that one would be the first through something new and this doesn't come without inherent risk and uncertainty. Do you go with a proven school or take a leap of faith? What’s worth more, time or money? Do you invest the money upfront to ensure that the time you devote gives the highest probability of the desired outcome? Also, if I am not mistaken, only 19 of the 32 spots are currently funded, so this alone probably factored in significantly when it came down to the wire.

It would be quite sad if acceptances already went out, but to non-sdn users. I wish there was another way to know (besides waiting until July 2nd)

Reactions: 2 users
So not to be there bearer of bad news but there has been steady wait-list movement for the past few weeks. I've personally talked with a couple people that came off the wait-list back around second look. Maybe it's possible that they will have some sort of meeting to discuss the 4 or so drops that occurred on traffic day, but one can only speculate.

So not to be there bearer of bad news but there has been steady wait-list movement for the past few weeks. I've personally talked with a couple people that came off the wait-list back around second look. Maybe it's possible that they will have some sort of meeting to discuss the 4 or so drops that occurred on traffic day, but one can only speculate.

Kind of figured that... RIP lol

There's still a couple people that would withdraw if they got accepted from a waitlist they are currently on, so it's not like all hope is lost. But I would say the odds aren't great at this point either.

Spoke to admissions and they said there has been some waitlist movement, including the four people who dropped on the multiple acceptance deadline. However, it sounded like most of the movement is probably over.

have they released anything about the GPA/mcat averages of accepted students yet? theres nothing on MSAR

I don't think they will until they have finalized their first class.
Can any of those who got accepted comment on this: I am looking at applying in the 2019-2020 cycle and would like to know competitiveness, how the engineering curriculum is integrated etc.