2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've only had to schedule one outside of the school-arranged ones, but people who want to end up in areas outside of the midwest (California, etc) generally organize rotations themselves at outside institutions.
But also most people organize these rotations through VSAS so it’s not totally overwhelming to do.

Members don't see this ad.

Sort of glad i havent recieved a rejection yet, canadian student hoping for an interview lol. Any fellow canadians get interviews/acceptances yet here?

Reactions: 1 user
is it true that the admissions committee meets every third thursday of the month?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/6. We were told that we would definitely hear back before thanksgiving. They said 1-2 weeks.

Last Thursday of the month

Not sure about this. I interviewed 10/30 (past the last Thursday of October) and they said our group would know by Thanksgiving (before the last Thursday of November). But maybe they meet more than once a month?

Not sure about this. I interviewed 10/30 (past the last Thursday of October) and they said our group would know by Thanksgiving (before the last Thursday of November). But maybe they meet more than once a month?
Well they aren’t going to meet during Thanksgiving week since the campus is closed, but typically it’s the last Thursday of the month.
So I’d expect a descion to roll out sometime next week.

Accepted this morning! Interviewed 10/31

Accepted today. Interviewed 11/07. That was FAST!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! (Also, happy to see some fellow acceptances!)

Accepted on Friday, 11/10 as well! (interviewed 11/2)

If we are waitlisted or rejected, will they still send an email? Interviewed 10/30

If we are waitlisted or rejected, will they still send an email? Interviewed 10/30
Im not sure if this is true for CCOM but for AZCOM if your applicant (not accepted) checklist is updated with your pre-reqs, it means you were placed on the alternate list and you will receive a letter via snail mail confirming this. If you are accepted, you will have access to the accepted checklist (should see the matriculation agreement and payment tabs) and receive an email/phone call as well. Again, I am not sure if this is true for CCOM but I imagine it would be the same for both MU campuses.

Anybody accepted on 11/10 received their official letter in the mail yet?

Anybody accepted on 11/10 received their official letter in the mail yet?

I was accepted sometime in September but it took my letter over a week after I got the acceptance email. I live in Cali btw so that may be why it took so long.

I was accepted sometime in September but it took my letter over a week after I got the acceptance email. I live in Cali btw so that may be why it took so long.
So I checked my mail 5 times yesterday for nothing, is what you're saying :S I'm only 2 & 1/2 hours away from the school so hopefully today!

Last edited:
Been complete since 08/25. No word yet!
Have you sent updates? You should definitely do that if you haven't. Even during the interview day they told us that they take updates and put them in applicant files. I think they look at those applicants every so often and you have a significant advantage if you had shown interest in the program.

Have you sent updates? You should definitely do that if you haven't. Even during the interview day they told us that they take updates and put them in applicant files. I think they look at those applicants every so often and you have a significant advantage if you had shown interest in the program.

I was planning to send an update today and now I will for sure! Because i heard back from their AZ campus one week after I was complete so I thought it was weird IL was taking so long.

I was planning to send an update today and now I will for sure! Because i heard back from their AZ campus one week after I was complete so I thought it was weird IL was taking so long.
Yeah they're pretty much two separate schools as far as admissions is concerned. Good luck!

If I decide to retake my MCAT in January to increases my chances here, how would I tell them that?

If I decide to retake my MCAT in January to increases my chances here, how would I tell them that?
you would wait until your score comes back and then send them an updated score.

If I was in your position, confirm that they will accept that score if you’re trying to increase your chances for this cycle. Most schools have a deadline for the latest MCAT they accept for each cycle, and it’s usually in September or October.

thank you. I just sent an update letter.

If I was in your position, confirm that they will accept that score if you’re trying to increase your chances for this cycle. Most schools have a deadline for the latest MCAT they accept for each cycle, and it’s usually in September or October.

Im not so sure about that, haven't found any thing online about such rule.

Im not so sure about that, haven't found any thing online about such rule.
Usually September is the deadline for the MCAT from what I've seen. It might vary school by school. I didn't see anything online about such a rule either but I know that most of the schools I am applying to don't accept MCAT scores past a certain date. Might be a good idea to check on this for Midwestern to make sure they would take it still before going through all that work.

II just now!

Last edited by a moderator:
II today. PhysicianPianst stats eerily similar to me! OOS. Complete and silent since 7/4. Talk about a wait!

Surprising OOS II for me as well.

Will be declining as I've already gotten into my target DO school.

Reactions: 2 users
What is the interview format for this school?

Even though it made me paranoid to turn one down I recently declined my acceptance here- good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!

Was complete early July and heard nothing yet. Maybe should expect a rejection soon?

Withdrawing my II here. I was OOS and hope one of you get it instead ❤️

Reactions: 2 users