2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would it be fine to submit the same answers for both AZCOM and CCOM? They have the same secondary questions and I don't see any difference.

Also -- for fap assistance...just forward them the confirmation email you received for fee assistance and theyll waive the fees for you. I called AZCOM and asked...emailed them and got it. I emailed CCOM about it earlier and haven't heard back and don't want to send two emails in the same day so just waiting to hear from them and then ill forward.

Goodluck everyone

I just submitted the same secondary essays. I actually emailed them twice and got waived today. It's fine because they are separate admissions offices.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if I can contact admissions and ask if I can re-send my resume from the supplemental application? I forgot to add one of my volunteering activities.

Does anyone know if I can contact admissions and ask if I can re-send my resume from the supplemental application? I forgot to add one of my volunteering activities.

It's worth a try

Members don't see this ad :)
When you submitted your supplementary essays, did the web portal condense your essay leaving it without paragraph breaks and looking like dog ****?

Just curious if I need to play with the format or leave it alone...

The admissions office informed me that it takes a few days for letters included with aacomas to be uploaded to the portal.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Did your letters get uploaded from aacomas yet? Mine hasn't, but AZCOM has received them already. Wondering what's up with the holdup at CCOM

Did your letters get uploaded from aacomas yet? Mine hasn't, but AZCOM has received them already. Wondering what's up with the holdup at CCOM

mine just updated after submitting the secondary. I am complete at CCOM and AZCOM...

So you guys think its fine to submit the same secondary responses to AZCOM and CCOM?

Secondary submitted yesterday. Anybody know when interviews are supposed to be?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did anyone get an email from the director of admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else's MCAT score not received yet? Do I need to do something special to get it sent?

Did you ever send your scores officially from AAMC to AACOMAS? I originally made the mistake of assuming it'd be sent automatically.

Oops I never did that! Just did now, thank you very much!

Reactions: 1 user
Are you guys including every single activity from your primary on the CV? It feels weird to put hobbies on a resume...

Are you guys including every single activity from your primary on the CV? It feels weird to put hobbies on a resume...
I added hobbies/etc to my already written CV

I just submitted my secondary. I left out hobbies. I figured that having been out of college for 6 years there was enough work/leadership info and they would not spend enough time on each file for hobbies to be important.

Secondary submitted! (a lil while ago)

I just submitted my secondary. I left out hobbies. I figured that having been out of college for 6 years there was enough work/leadership info and they would not spend enough time on each file for hobbies to be important.

That is a mistake. As I explained earlier in the thread, the interviewers are only given your secondary material and will ask questions based off it.

That is a mistake. As I explained earlier in the thread, the interviewers are only given your secondary material and will ask questions based off it.
Possibly so, but I'm not too worried about it. Overall I am happy with my application, should be more than enough to talk about if I am lucky enough for an interview.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

When you guys click "verify application" do your answers just come up in one big blurb? I had different paragraphs for the essays but they aren'y coming up when I am about to submit

When you guys click "verify application" do your answers just come up in one big blurb? I had different paragraphs for the essays but they aren'y coming up when I am about to submit

Yeah, that happened to me too. I don't think there's any way around that formatting. Maybe it'll show up in the original way you spaced it.

does anyone know if CCOM does pre-interview holds like AZCOM?

Submitted secondary on June 29th.

Crazy fast turn around. Submitted my primary to them yesterday, and today got a secondary invite. Not sure if they screen or anything, but im glad!. Does anyone know if schools can send out II with current MCAT score when you have an upcoming one upcoming on your app? I read something like that happened to someone last cycle at WVSCOM, and they got accepted before their new score actually came in. Good luck everyone, may we all Get in!

Does anyone know what MCAT score with a GPA of 3.4 would stand a good chance in getting into this school? I would love to go to this school. I'm waiting on my MCAT score that I took on 6/29 but I don't think I did so well because of the verbal section.

What are my chances here 510 mcat 132/124/127/127, 4.0 gpa, Canadian unfortunately

Does anyone know what MCAT score with a GPA of 3.4 would stand a good chance in getting into this school? I would love to go to this school. I'm waiting on my MCAT score that I took on 6/29 but I don't think I did so well because of the verbal section.

Average matriculating stats were cGPA of 3.61 and MCAT of 506, so I'd figure around that score would give you a decent shot.

Average matriculating stats were cGPA of 3.61 and MCAT of 506, so I'd figure around that score would give you a decent shot.
Oh I see those stats are for class of 2020 so the students who started last fall. It seems like a lot of students with higher MCAT score are being accepted to CCOM though.

Does anyone know if this school has any preference towards nontraditional applications with medical experience? I'm just asking since I've worked for three years as a medical assistant and then a medical biller.

Do any former students or prospective students know CCOM's view on SMP GPAs? My undergrad GPA sucks but I got a 4.0 in a popular SMP. I have their average matriculation MCAT score (506).

How soon do they send interview invites?

Is there anywhere in the portal that tells you if your app is complete? There's an applicant checklist but it doesn't tell you what's missing, it only has checks next to what is complete. For one campus I have a check mark for Physician Recommendation Letter and Letter of Recommendation and the other campus I have a check mark for Recommendation Letters. Anyone else notice this?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there anywhere in the portal that tells you if your app is complete? There's an applicant checklist but it doesn't tell you what's missing, it only has checks next to what is complete. For one campus I have a check mark for Physician Recommendation Letter and Letter of Recommendation and the other campus I have a check mark for Recommendation Letters. Anyone else notice this?

Yes that is how it is for me as well. I would assume that having all check marks means that you are complete

Reactions: 1 users
Would anyone mind posting the secondary prompt? I just submitted my primary and would like to get a head start!

Since I'm on a pre-interview waitlist for AZCOM, I assume my situation would be the same for CCOM.

Since I'm on a pre-interview waitlist for AZCOM, I assume my situation would be the same for CCOM.

Pre-interview as in waitlisted for an interview, or they plan on interviewing you and are just setting it up?