2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just finished the interview at CCOM. My flight got delayed so I'm sitting in the airport for the next 6 hours eating away my boredom.

Overall it was a great experience. The interview was incredibly chill and the class environment seems to be really cooperative. The campus is also beautiful and the area around it seems nice.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just finished the interview at CCOM. My flight got delayed so I'm sitting in the airport for the next 6 hours eating away my boredom.

Overall it was a great experience. The interview was incredibly chill and the class environment seems to be really cooperative. The campus is also beautiful and the area around it seems nice.

Did they throw you any curve ball questions? Also, did they say how many days/weeks before you are notified of a decision?

Did they throw you any curve ball questions? Also, did they say how many days/weeks before you are notified of a decision?

Not really they didn't even ask me "why Midwestern?" There was a few ethical questions but they weren't tricky. They have your resume/CV and your secondary only. I got a few questions from my resume but not really anything from the secondary. It was 3-on-1 for the interview, but like I said very laid back and not stressful at all.

They said that the admissions committee usually meets only once a month at the end of the month and that we would hear within a few days of that meeting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not really they didn't even ask me "why Midwestern?" There was a few ethical questions but they weren't tricky. They have your resume/CV and your secondary only. I got a few questions from my resume but not really anything from the secondary. It was 3-on-1 for the interview, but like I said very laid back and not stressful at all.

They said that the admissions committee usually meets only once a month at the end of the month and that we would hear within a few days of that meeting.

That's weird that they use your CV rather than your primary application. Their interview sounds very similar to Des Moines.

By 3-on-1, do you mean three interviewers and you or one interviewer and three applicants?

By 3-on-1, do you mean three interviewers and you or one interviewer and three applicants?

Me and 3 interviewers. One was a PhD and the other 2 were students (3rd and 4th years). Everyone was really cool.

For those that received an II, did you receive an email or did you see it in your portal without any other notification?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Do you mind sharing your stats and the time you completed your secondary.

I LOVED this school. The Midwest is beautiful in the fall and the campus had a lot of trees. I got blessed with awesome interviewers and it was super conversational. Review your CV and prepare for the usual questions. I cannot wait to hear back!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone gotten a formal rejection to this school?

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! i was complete on 08/02 and still haven't heard anything... is anyone else on the same boat?

Hi everyone! i was complete on 08/02 and still haven't heard anything... is anyone else on the same boat?

I've been complete since late June, early July. Nothing.

I have 514 and haven't heard anything since late June.

It just seems they haven't sent any II recently.

Our MCAT scores may have put us automatically into a hold pile, similar to AZCOm
My understanding is that CCOM doesn't do holds like AZCOM does, though that isn't to say we're not at the lower end of the pile and just not officially on hold either haha. Like @trimethylpurine said, it doesn't seem like there has been too much with II activity either, at least per SDN.

i have 5 DO interviews but above all... i want ccom senpai to notice me. ;__;

I have a close friend of mine who is a 3rd year conducting interviews he told me that for the most part they are interviewing out of state kids and/or kids with higher stats (MCAT/GPA) that most likely will have other options so that they can build up some money with deposits. he also told me that he was right around the averages and in-state and didn't get an interview until March. So it's really a good old waiting game here.

Reactions: 3 users
they can take my OOS tuition deposit money any time they want<3

I have a close friend of mine who is a 3rd year conducting interviews he told me that for the most part they are interviewing out of state kids and/or kids with higher stats (MCAT/GPA) that most likely will have other options so that they can build up some money with deposits. he also told me that he was right around the averages and in-state and didn't get an interview until March. So it's really a good old waiting game here.

Interesting... seems like a complete waste of time. Especially since deposits aren't due until December.

Current 4th year. Distinctly remember interviewing when there was snow on the ground so probably in January-ish. Just be patient, II will continue to be offered for quite some more time.

Current 4th year. Distinctly remember interviewing when there was snow on the ground so probably in January-ish. Just be patient, II will continue to be offered for quite some more time.

how do you like it? My SO attends med school in chicago so this school is definitely at the top of my list.

how do you like it? My SO attends med school in chicago so this school is definitely at the top of my list.
I enjoy it. The didactic faculty do a great job of preparing you for the COMLEX/USMLE. My biggest gripe from 1st and 2nd year was that lectures were not recorded but now they are so that point is irrelevant. The rotations for 3rd year are solid, which is important for getting your name out with the Chicagoland area programs.

Was it you who wrote "n-notice me senpai" on one of the threads? You're hilarious. :laugh:

I enjoy it. The didactic faculty do a great job of preparing you for the COMLEX/USMLE. My biggest gripe from 1st and 2nd year was that lectures were not recorded but now they are so that point is irrelevant. The rotations for 3rd year are solid, which is important for getting your name out with the Chicagoland area programs.

oh man, not having lectures recorded would definitely have not been a fun time for me :( my SO is living and breathing recorded lectures and basically only leaves the library for sleep, food and mandatory professionalism classes/labs.

Does anyone know when this "end of month" meeting is to determine acceptances for those of us that already interviewed?

Anyone interviewing tomorrow? Extremely excited! :D

Good luck to everyone interviewing today! Hope to see some of y'all there :D

Hopefully the next round of IIs come out soon-- I'd LOVE to interview here!!

How was everyone's interview day? Any advice/comments? I'm interviewing Tuesday!
Our interviews were the most laid back I’ve had while on the trail. Just be yourself and be prepared to expand on anything you’ve written in your CV or PS. At this point you’re good enough on paper to be accepted and now they just want to see if you’d make a good fit with the rest of the students

THREE-ish more neurotic, anxious, email-refreshing days before the first round of interviewers should hear decisions (if the end of Wednesday meeting occurs with a quick turn-around-time)! Really hoping for an acceptance so I can quit worrying (Midwestern is my #1 choice for DO).

Reactions: 4 users
For those who submitted or are submitting a secondary - does your CV basically reflect your activities from your AACOMAS app? I feel like they are almost identical..

For those who submitted or are submitting a secondary - does your CV basically reflect your activities from your AACOMAS app? I feel like they are almost identical..

Yup mine did, minus the hour. It was more like a resume though with bullet points than the paragraphs I wrote in the AACOMAS explanation section.