2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So around right now last year was when people started receiving acceptances. Any updates?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, hopefully we will hear back after lunch lol. The suspense is killing me.

Is today like a special day or something

They supposedly hold meetings the last Wednesday of every month to make admission decisions. The meeting should have been yesterday. In prior years, applicants were getting decisions the next day. However, that looks like it is not happening today.

They supposedly hold meetings the last Wednesday of every month to make admission decisions. The meeting should have been yesterday. In prior years, applicants were getting decisions the next day. However, that looks like it is not happening today.
We've been had! I want off this ride

Members don't see this ad :)
They told me if I hadn't heard by October to call the office. Here's hoping tomorrow is the day!

Accepted via portal! So excited since I fell in love with the people and the campus :)

Reactions: 7 users
Just checked my portal and YESSSSSS. Accepted! Interviewed 9/22!

Reactions: 5 users
Logged on to the portal and found out I was accepted literally 2 minutes before I had to go into a work meeting. As a 3rd time applicant this is a suuuuuper surreal day. YAY!

Reactions: 12 users

Last edited:
Is there any overlap or separation between IIs for MWU-Chicago and MWU-Glendale? As in, do admissions folks decide you're set to interview only at one campus, or do some people interview at both? I got a Glendale II and was hoping to hear from Chicago as well.

Is there any overlap or separation between IIs for MWU-Chicago and MWU-Glendale? As in, do admissions folks decide you're set to interview only at one campus, or do some people interview at both? I got a Glendale II and was hoping to hear from Chicago as well.

I believe the applications are independent of one another.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know what the average CCOM COMLEX scores are for the past few years (any/all levels)?

For those of you who got an interview, how long after receiving the complete email did it take?

Anyone else sitting in silence since 8/3?

MCAT 507
GPA: 3.75

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone possibly have contact information for the student ambassadors who gave campus tours during interview day?

Does anyone possibly have contact information for the student ambassadors who gave campus tours during interview day?
If you’re looking for a specific person, I can look at the schedule for whichever day you interviewed. Otherwise I can answer your questions

Interview tomorrow! So far I'm in love with the area.

If you’re looking for a specific person, I can look at the schedule for whichever day you interviewed. Otherwise I can answer your questions
I interviewed on September 22nd. So those student contacts would be much appreciated, or any other student contacts are totally fine too.

I interviewed on September 22nd. So those student contacts would be much appreciated, or any other student contacts are totally fine too.
southflorida and I are both second years FYI, so if you have a question you can ask either of us.

southflorida and I are both second years FYI, so if you have a question you can ask either of us.
In their free time (which I understand is limited), do students make it over to downtown a decent amount? Also, what would you say is the average rent? Thanks for answering questions!

People go downtown all the time. Several students commute from the city as well. Rent varies, but generally the closer you get to school, the more expensive it will be. There are spreadsheets that have been put together by students that list most common places students live.

@CoomassieBlue57 @southflorida1107 Do you guys have any insight on CCOM vs AZCOM?
I interviewed at both and got into both and chose CCOM because I wanted to be in Chicago. The curriculum is the same for the most part with the only noticeable difference being rotation sites.

AZCOM also has the benefit of letting you pick your rotation track after submitting your deposit, so that can help with planning your living situation

I interviewed at both and got into both and chose CCOM because I wanted to be in Chicago. The curriculum is the same for the most part with the only noticeable difference being rotation sites.

AZCOM also has the benefit of letting you pick your rotation track after submitting your deposit, so that can help with planning your living situation
Thanks for the reply! Based on your username, can I assume you're from Florida? If so, can you speak about your transition to the weather in Chicago and if it played a factor at all in your decision? I'm also accepted to both and as a CA person some comments regarding the weather have been pretty much the only thing holding me back from fully committing to CCOM.

hi everyone! my secondary was complete on 8/10 and i have no heard anything from this school... anyone else on the same boat?