2017-2018 Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (MWU-CCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone have a more informative match list than what CCOM publishes on their website?
They gave us a list of matches on our interview day. I'll get some pictures tonight if i remember.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone happen to know when the admissions committee is meeting next?

Members don't see this ad :)
What is the interview format at CCOM? Open or closed file? Traditional, panel, or MMI?

What is the interview format at CCOM? Open or closed file? Traditional, panel, or MMI?
For my interview there was a DO, Phd, and an M3 student interviewing just me. They only had my secondary application and my CV, and all of their questions were straight from those. They did not have my primary application at all, so no MCAT, GPA, personal statement, etc.

Does anyone know if CCOM is receptive to pre-interview letters of interest? I wasn't thinking about sending any schools any pre-interview letters but a current student at one of my previous interviews mentioned how she got accepted because she got an interview shortly after sending the school a letter of interest.

Does anyone know if CCOM is receptive to pre-interview letters of interest? I wasn't thinking about sending any schools any pre-interview letters but a current student at one of my previous interviews mentioned how she got accepted because she got an interview shortly after sending the school a letter of interest.
I did. But I would hold off on doing so until further into the cycle.

Just received an II. The only available date is 10/20, which is super short notice for me. Any advice on how to handle this? Should I contact the admissions office to find out if later dates are available or should I wait for the portal to open up more dates?

Just received an II. The only available date is 10/20, which is super short notice for me. Any advice on how to handle this? Should I contact the admissions office to find out if later dates are available or should I wait for the portal to open up more dates?
Maybe someone canceled last minute and they threw you in as next in line to get an II. If you can attend, go ahead. If not, do call and reschedule. Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing when you were complete?

Complete when and stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
sooo did everyone receive the mailed letter thanking you for applying/you meet the minimum requirements/please fill out the supplemental application? Lol that's different than most schools

sooo did everyone receive the mailed letter thanking you for applying/you meet the minimum requirements/please fill out the supplemental application? Lol that's different than most schools

I got that too and thought it was a nice gesture. Although oddly the date that mine was post-marked for was like 10 days before I actually received it... nonetheless. :)

Accepted! Interviewed 10/13

Reactions: 2 users
Can any current students speak to why they chose MWU-CCOM? I was accepted to MWU-CCOM and DMU and am having a hard time determining where I will ultimately send in my deposit. Both schools have very similar stats. I'm really looking for positives and negatives of MWU-CCOM (feel free to PM me).

I was accepted on Friday! Interviewed 10/10!

Can any current students speak to why they chose MWU-CCOM? I was accepted to MWU-CCOM and DMU and am having a hard time determining where I will ultimately send in my deposit. Both schools have very similar stats. I'm really looking for positives and negatives of MWU-CCOM (feel free to PM me).

We are having the same dilemma haha. If anyone PMs you with a +/- for either school would you mind forwarding their response to me? I'm on the struggle bus big time with this one.

Reactions: 1 users
We are having the same dilemma haha. If anyone PMs you with a +/- for either school would you mind forwarding their response to me? I'm on the struggle bus big time with this one.
Same here please!

CCOM has solid clinical rotations in a lot of the chicago area hospitals. Really helps get students exposure to residency programs so you're more likely to get an interview there come applying to residencies. Pre-clinical years, course work adequately prepares you for COMLEX and USMLE. CCOM students consistently score 40+ points higher than the national average on COMLEX. No required attendance outside of labs and PBL sessions. Lectures are recorded. Mentorship program in place with CCOM alumni in all areas of medicine and a variety of locations.

If staying in Chicago is important to you for whatever reason, then I would recommend CCOM because you have a good shot at a lot of the local residency programs - assuming your numbers qualify you as well.

EDIT: CCOM’s average COMLEX is consistently higher than the national average. Obviously there are people in every class scoring below the national average as well.

Last edited:
Interview coming up!! This school is my number one choice. Any tips for those who have interviewed and gotten accepted?

Interview coming up!! This school is my number one choice. Any tips for those who have interviewed and gotten accepted?
Just be yourself and be ready to expand on anything you wrote in your CV or secondary application

I was accepted on Friday! First acceptance! I have a couple more interviews but so far this is my top school!

Can biochem be subbed for the orgo 2 requirement?

Just submitted secondary today; it is kind of late so hopefully I can get on a waiting list.

I just got an II for Monday, 10/30!
This will be my first interview, does anyone have suggestions not already listed? I'm very excited, just not quite sure what to expect.

This will be my first interview, does anyone have suggestions not already listed? I'm very excited, just not quite sure what to expect.
Congrats! Mind sharing your complete date? :D

Congrats! Was it an email or just an update on portal?

Congrats! Was it an email or just an update on portal?

Congrats! Mind sharing your complete date? :D

My secondary was complete 10/15, so I can say I'm truly thrilled to have heard back from them today!
Also, I actually got a phone call and an email from the admissions office within thirty minutes of each other today. The email was sent first, but they called to offer me the interview (I think due to the short notice, seeing as I have 5 days to figure out travel, etc, but I'm not complaining!)

I haven't heard anything since I received my Secondary Complete email on 9/11 :/

They are very nice and want to make you feel comfortable. Be prepared to answer personal questions from your resume/CV. Feel free to PM me if you want some details about what they asked.
Do the interviewers also have access to our secondary essays?
Nope, they only have access to your resume/CV that you submitted.