2017-2018 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!
Just received call from Dr. Kocher! @ 9;30 AM!
Interviewed on 2/16 Friday! Great to be alive!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED!
Just received call from Dr. Kocher! @ 9;30 AM!
Interviewed on 2/16 Friday! Great to be alive!

SAME! I am so excited, This was my dream school!!!

OOS MCAT 503, GPA 3.67

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there anyone here who will definitely attend Cooper and looking for a roommate? The Cooper Village Apartment Complex (across the school, like 1 min walking) currently only have 2 bedrooms available so I'm looking for a roommate (female). Please PM me if you are interested.

Also, does anyone know if we will have a fb page for class of 2022?

Is there anyone here who will definitely attend Cooper and looking for a roommate? The Cooper Village Apartment Complex (across the school, like 1 min walking) currently only have 2 bedrooms available so I'm looking for a roommate (female). Please PM me if you are interested.

Also, does anyone know if we will have a fb page for class of 2022?
I’m pretty sure there is going to be a Facebook page at some point but I really hope it’s up soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m pretty sure there is going to be a Facebook page at some point but I really hope it’s up soon!

I wish there was an FB group but according to @BadSanta, there won't be one this year.

I'm also looking for a roommate! I found a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo in Voorhees (about 25-30 min from Cooper) for $1350/month. We would have access to the clubhouse and pool. You wouldn't have to worry about parking either. I'm already in touch with the owner. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I'll send you the link.

I wish there was an FB group but according to @BadSanta, there won't be one this year.

I'm also looking for a roommate! I found a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo in Voorhees (about 25-30 min from Cooper) for $1350/month. We would have access to the clubhouse and pool. You wouldn't have to worry about parking either. I'm already in touch with the owner. If anyone is interested, please let me know. I'll send you the link.
Two things:

1. I have heard that the school is working on a class of 2022 NON-Facebook page. Hopefully it is done soon!

2. I know 25-30 minutes away school doesn't seem like a lot now, but even on the Patco, it can become a hassle (and if you are driving...it will be h#ll). Make sure that you truly want to live that far away from school.

Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and please let me know if you have any questions (PM me).

Does anyone know if this school is still sending out II?

Will be turning down my acceptance offer here - absolutely loved it though... I really hope it goes to someone who needs it

Reactions: 3 users
1. I have heard that the school is working on a class of 2022 NON-Facebook page. Hopefully it is done soon!

That's great to hear! I'm really looking forward to meeting future students :)

Reactions: 1 users
Are you guys bringing anyone to Second Look day? I got an email about it like two days ago and it said we could bring two guests

Are you guys bringing anyone to Second Look day? I got an email about it like two days ago and it said we could bring two guests

I am going to go by myself especially coming from Cali.
I think im going to invite both my parents for
the coat ceremony..

Members don't see this ad :)
In regard to second look, feel free to come alone or with 1 or 2 guests. People will be doing both, so do not worry about looking 'weird'. This is an exciting time and you should feel free to include your friends/family. After second look, current students usually meet up with you at The Victor for a couple of beers, so make sure to not take off immediately afterwards. Oh..and I almost forgot! People always ask what you should wear. Some people will be in dress shirt/tie/dress pants and, inevitably, some will be wearing jeans and a t-shirt. I say to dress comfortable yet professional, so perhaps find a happy medium between the two.

The white coat ceremony will be in the middle of September (shortly after your first fundamentals exam) and will be held on the Rowan campus in Glassboro. It is a beautiful campus and buses should be provided for students who do not wish to drive.

I'm around if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Hey current students- one of the things that surprised me is how cooper only has six hours/week of lectures during preclinical years. I'm probably missing something, but how does that work? It seems like a lot of other schools has 10-12 hours of lectures, on top of shadowing and PBL small groups, which Cooper also has. Are there actually only 6 hours of lecture per week, or are there usually more? Thanks

Hey current students- one of the things that surprised me is how cooper only has six hours/week of lectures during preclinical years. I'm probably missing something, but how does that work? It seems like a lot of other schools has 10-12 hours of lectures, on top of shadowing and PBL small groups, which Cooper also has. Are there actually only 6 hours of lecture per week, or are there usually more? Thanks
Lab is lecture. Alg adds on to lecture. 12-18 hours per week.

Thanks! Even so, I feel like cooper gives a lot of free time in preclinical years, which is a huge plus.
You will be very busy. Very busy. Nevertheless, you have the opportunity to be an independent learner, as lecture and most labs are optional in regard to attendance. You have a huge amount of flexibility, which is awesome!

Are II's still going out here?
I do not have a definitive answer but I would be surprised if any more went out. They usually send them out a month in advance and I believe they stop interviewing at the end of March/first week of April. Again, this is based solely on past observation.

Does anyone know how long they take to process deposit refunds??

Interviewed 3/2, unsure if the board was able to meet yesterday due to the storm. If anyone gets acceptances today please let the group know! If the board was not able to meet yesterday then I would think that we might hear back next week instead?

Reactions: 1 users
They dont accept updates Pre-II right?
No, they do not. The last interview of the season is next Friday. All II’s have been extended, barring any cancellations (which may not even prompt an additional invite).

Hello all, does anyone know if I can use a recommendation letter from D.O Dr. for M.D schools?

Hello all, does anyone know if I can use a recommendation letter from D.O Dr. for M.D schools?
This is a school-specific thread. You may have better luck posting in a different area.

I don't believe this is true - I have an interview in April
I assumed that the last interview followed the bi-weekly schedule. I forgot about match day, etc. they most likely moved the last interview back. Regardless, I doubt they will be sending more II’s. Remember, I am a student and not an admin so most of my info comes from word of mouth. I try my best. I memorize random facts, not interview dates.

Thanks BadSanta, but would that work with Cooper?

Thanks BadSanta, but would that work with Cooper?
In my mind, I don't think it will hurt significantly. However, there is always the chance of someone asking "Why not DO?" The bias exists.

Anyone get a wait list email at least? We should hear back today right?

I have a feeling that they were busy with Match day stuff today and might be busy tomorrow too. This is just speculation. I have't received anything either.

I have a feeling that they were busy with Match day stuff today and might be busy tomorrow too. This is just speculation. I have't received anything either.

That actually really makes sense. Will sit tight until Monday, although it seems like acceptances already went out? Who knows haha

Keep in mind that if your committee members were unable to make it to the meeting, your decision will most likely be delayed until the next round of notifications.

will there be any waitlist movement prior to second look day in April?
Probably not. Waitlist movement usually starts in May. Once you hit the point where people who are holding more than one acceptance are required to drop all but one things start moving, but not really before that, I’m afraid.

Got hit the wait list. Disappointed since I wanted to go to Cooper, but have to say I am grateful I'm atleast accepted somewhere. Good luck everyone!

Does anyone know what the chances of getting accepted are after a "continued discussion" email? I am extremely anxious because Cooper is my top choice

Does anyone know what the chances of getting accepted are after a "continued discussion" email? I am extremely anxious because Cooper is my top choice
"Continued discussion" can mean that the people who interviewed you did not make it to the decision meeting and that your application will be discussed at the next one. Waitlist movement typically happens starting in May and varies from year to year. Last year, there was little waitlist movement.

Hey everyone,
Is there a facebook page for accepted students? I have a rental property right near the school I wanted to post about. Usually there is a page for every class but can not find any for the class of 2022.

1. No.
2. Yes, relaxing. And after that, do some more relaxing to make sure you really relax. If I recall correctly, a lot of the shots and tests have to be completed within two months of matriculation. So aside from FAFSA and the scholarship form, you guessed it, relax.
3.Usually within the first 10 days of April. After, people usually head over to The Victor pub.
4. I’m already a student, but I chose it for: the mission, the clinical exposure, the volunteer opps, ALG, the clinic, the small class size, and its proximity to the amazing city that is Philly.

Is there still no facebook page?