2017-2018 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They send them out in batches keep checking!
OH, you don't have to tell me twice

*spams refresh in email*

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Any secondary updates from anyone? Still eagerly awaiting. I'm pretty confident I'll get one, but we'll see I guess...

After perusing the application website, it appears that Cooper is participating in EDP this year, which might explain why a lot of us haven't received a secondary yet. They're probably just reviewing all the EDP applicants before rolling out the RD applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone get an II yet?

hey! has anyone gotten a secondary yet? this is my last school i'm waiting on

hey! has anyone gotten a secondary yet? this is my last school i'm waiting on
Few others and I received a secondary on July 24th. No one else has reported receiving it after that date and several people are still missing one. They seem to be slow in the pre-screen process. Don't worry, I believe the next wave of secondary should be coming soon, hopefully by mid-August.

Reactions: 1 users
Still haven't gotten a secondary verfied 6/30..odd...

should I contact admissions to express my interest if I still didn't receive secondary or is it still early?

Members don't see this ad :)
should I contact admissions to express my interest if I still didn't receive secondary or is it still early?
stil early a majority of people don't have. I believe the bulk of them will come out next week.

I would wait, at least until the next wave of secondary applications. Only a few received one in the first wave, so majority seem to be still waiting. Plus they may be wrapping things up for ED applicants, although I haven't seen any II's on this thread.

Secondary received this morning
OOS (In the tri-state area)
Verified 7/6

Edited for OOS distinction

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Secondary received this morning!

Reactions: 2 users
When did you guys receive the cooper received your application email?

Waiting on this secondary like...
so5ya.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
Received my secondary today :) Not sure if it's something to feel excited about, but I'm OOS (MI)

secondary received also this morning. in-state

i got a secondary, out of state. Does their delayed/screening process for secondaries mean anything? Or are they just looking for >3.0 and >500?

i got a secondary, out of state. Does their delayed/screening process for secondaries mean anything? Or are they just looking for >3.0 and >500?
I've heard they are more on the intense side of screening. They've stated on their website they have a criteria of what they're looking for and have accepted applicants below cutoffs. I vaguely remember something like that posted on their page

Just thought I would complete the thread :) These are all the schools that indicate some form of screening process in the MSAR, and a few noted with 0.0% OOS matriculants (eg, residency is the screen):
[*edit: added the screens I could find on school web sites]

Public
Central Michigan: GPA 3.25 / MCAT 24
Cooper Rowan: "We have accepted candidates with MCAT scores below 24 or GPAs below 3.0 whose experiences and history were exceptional."
East Carolina U (0.0% OOS matriculants in 2012)
East Tennessee State
Eastern Virginia
Florida Atlantic (only screens for felony convictions – sorry, all you hopeful premed felons)
Florida State: "We have no minimum requirements for [GPA and MCAT] scores."
Indiana U
Louisiana State, New Orleans
Louisiana State, Shreveport
Marshall: 3.0 GPA / 22 MCAT
Oakland Beaumont: sGPA 3.00 / cGPA 3.2 / MCAT 24
Southern Illinois (0.0% OOS matriculants in 2012)
U of Toledo
U of Arizona Phoenix
UC Davis (0.0% OOS matriculants in 2012)
UC Irvine
UCLA
UC Riverside
UCSD
UCSF
U of Central Florida
U of Hawai'i
U of Illinois
U of Iowa Carver: 2.5 GPA
U of Kentucky
U of Louisville
U of Minnesota
U of Mississippi (0.0% OOS matriculants in 2012): GPA 2.8 / MCAT 21
U of Missouri-Columbia
U of Nevada
U of New Mexico
UNC Chapel Hill
U of South Dakota
U of Tennessee
U of Utah: sGPA 3.2 / cGPA 3.2
U of Washington
U of Wisconsin
Virginia Commonwealth
Wayne State
West Virginia U: "The committee reserves the privilege to consider an applicant with a GPA lower than a 3.2 if there are other circumstances."

Private
Quinnipiac
Hofstra: 3.0 GPA / 25 MCAT
Loyola
Mayo
Meharry
Mercer (does not accept non-Georgia applicants)
Morehouse: 2.0 GPA
Vanderbilt: "The School does not require a minimum GPA or minimum MCAT score, but intense competition tends to eliminate applicants with low GPA's and/or MCAT scores."
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Western Michigan: 3.25 GPA / 24 MCAT

Also: Texas schools use the TMDSAS and I have no idea how that works as far as screening
I found it for ya. @blueshockey555

Secondary received this morning, OOS Texas resident!

Secondary received. OOS CA resident!

y'all are making me refresh my inbox like mad crazy

Secondary! IS
Verified 8/8 (although I don't think they wait to look at verified apps)

Last edited:
As an in-stater this is not the most appealing choice out of the three Jersey med schools, but its really hard to dispute those secondary to interview to acceptance percentages...

As an in-stater this is not the most appealing choice out of the three Jersey med schools, but its really hard to dispute those secondary to interview to acceptance percentages...

Where did you find that info?

Lol bro. As an ISer I just want to get in somewhere first, Cooper or not, then I'll worry about picking and choosing. I'm grateful for them keeping my hopes alive by throwing a secondary my way. That being said, Rutgers needs to come through soon.

Lol bro. As an ISer I just want to get in somewhere first, Cooper or not, then I'll worry about picking and choosing. I'm grateful for them keeping my hopes alive by throwing a secondary my way. That being said, Rutgers needs to come through soon.
I feel you (fellow in-state applicant). I would be happy getting in anywhere, Rutgers or Rowan or *potentially* Seton Hall if it manages to open up.
Edit: Although I have my bias towards Rutgers RWJ since I live close to it.

cannot agree more. after seeing njms already sending out IIs to people who finished their secondaries after me, I get anxious lol.

finally received sheesh.
cannot agree more. after seeing njms already sending out IIs to people who finished their secondaries after me, I get anxious lol.
What's the secondary to interview ratio? Can't get us all curious and not share lol

Not gonna lie, as an ISer I'm pretty salty that we only have 3 MD options while NY has a bunch more. For NJ's population density, we need more schools.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm on edge with all these secondaries going out but none for me :( I interviewed here the previous cycle I applied so I assumed I would at least get a secondary this time....

finally received sheesh.

What's the secondary to interview ratio? Can't get us all curious and not share lol

I posted the link to the spreadsheet on reddit right after my first post mentioning it.

I posted the link to the spreadsheet on reddit right after my first post mentioning it.

I might not be looking hard enough, but I can't see the column that shows the number of secondaries given to each applicant.