2017-2018 Cooper Medical School of Rowan University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats again! Any change in the portal? Mine has nothing new since interview. I was really hoping to hear back today... Just hope the few of us waiting get accepted soon!!!

Yes, there's an "admission offer" tab at the very top where you can accept/decline.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I am super bummed that I still have not gotten a secondary from this school. I sent them my primary in mid July...does anyone think it might be a good idea to send them a continued interest and updates?

I would go ahead and do it regardless— it shows an interest and will hopefully prompt them to send u a secondary. Plus, what’s the worst that could happen haha?

I would go ahead and do it regardless— it shows an interest and will hopefully prompt them to send u a secondary. Plus, what’s the worst that could happen haha?
....you make a valid point! Haha. At this point I may as well try.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where the "to do" list is? I see the "admission offer" tab in my portal, but no "to do" list that Dr. Kocher referred to in his email.

I sent them a continued interest email and updates but have not heard back...Still a good idea to do it.

My account is not old enough to post a link (what an odd rule). However, if you google cmsru accepted students, the first result should be the to-do page for the class of 2021 (note, many, if not all of the to-do’s are not due/expected until June/July). Therefore, I am just trying to give you a sense of what is ahead.

To my knowledge and my knowledge only (stemming from my app year), nothing other other than filing your fafsa (and submitting your deposit) is needed in the near future. Rest assured that you will be notified by admissions/student affairs as the year progresses and that the webpage mentioned above will be converted from 2021 to 2022 and updated with any relevant/new information.

I hope that helped .

And please, do not submit documents from the co 2021 webpage. It is waaaay too early.

The wait is long but it is worth it.

Is there an accepted students FB group yet?
The school usually picks a student to make one and allows the student to have a list of names that are accepted.

Hey guys, just a heads-up to those of you with interviews, slots on Nov 3rd and 17th opened up if you wanna move up your interview. When I originally scheduled, next available slot was in December but I guess some people canceled/rescheduled since then.

Anyone know how many acceptances they offer post-interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone with an acceptance been able to accept and submit a deposit through the portal? I know there were working on the system and getting us IDs and what not, but I thought we had 2 weeks to accept/submit the deposit and I'm getting a little bit it anxious won't let me do it yet.

Congrats!! Did you receive a phone call or an email? Also, if you don't mind answering, when did you interview?
How dare you ask that.

Just kidding! I received a phone call that was Dean Kocher after playing some phone tag for a few minutes. I interviewed September 8th.

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats!!! I hope they aren't done calling though... Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this was asked already, but anybody have any interview advice?

Enjoy the day, and be familiar with the whys to your app and AMCAS. Don't fake it, and when you get in your interview, you'll probably interview with two people. They may sit you in front of and between them, and that'll hurt your focus. Concentrate on the person who asked the question only, splitting looks at both.

That'll keep the other involved and happy. Tailor your talks to the blind one, because you need to fill them in with yourself and what your talking about.

Be excited, get them on your side too. A good rule of thumb I've found is to gauge what they stand for, and tailor towards that. Another related rule of thumb, get then talking about the school and the area, the mission. Tailor to the mission. An example, I stated that Camden has the same crowd as West Baltimore, which is true. And that I wanted to use my knowledge and passions there, and transfer that to Camden. That I'd be a *good fit***** for the school and area.

And have fun. Ask questions. Be passionate. Make fun jokes. Be professional though. Be confident. Not arrogant. That school wants you, just as much as you want them.

Too many go into these days scared! So noone talks, has fun, etc. Enjoy the day. Explore!

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Enjoy the day, and be familiar with the whys to your app and AMCAS. Don't fake it, and when you get in your interview, you'll probably interview with two people. They may sit you in front of and between them, and that'll hurt your focus. Concentrate on the person who asked the question only, splitting looks at both.

That'll keep the other involved and happy. Tailor your talks to the blind one, because you need to fill them in with yourself and what your talking about.

Be excited, get them on your side too. A good rule of thumb I've found is to gauge what they stand for, and tailor towards that. Another related rule of thumb, get then talking about the school and the area, the mission. Tailor to the mission. An example, I stated that Camden has the same crowd as West Baltimore, which is true. And that I wanted to use my knowledge and passions there, and transfer that to Camden. That I'd be a *good fit***** for the school and area.

And have fun. Ask questions. Be passionate. Make fun jokes. Be professional though. Be confident. Not arrogant. That school wants you, just as much as you want them.

Too many go into these days scared! So noone talks, has fun, etc. Enjoy the day. Explore!

Sent from my SM-G900V using SDN mobile

Thanks! This will be my first 2-on-1 then

Know your application really well. The interviewer who's read your app might ask questions aimed at getting to recite info from your app for the benefit of the blinded interviewer.

ACCEPTED!!!! Oh my god, just literally get off the phone a minute ago!! I interviewed on 10/20. So hopefully some of you will hear back today1

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats!!!! If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit? What are your stats? IS or OOS? ORM or URM?

I got the secondary on 8/14 and complete as soon as I submitted the secondary (everything was in before then). MCAT 503, GPA 3.8, IS, Asian (so maybe ORM?). I have strong and unique ECs that somewhat resonates with school's mission and was able to talk about it passionately during the interview, which I thought it impressed them a lot.

Reactions: 4 users
ACCEPTED!!!! Oh my god, just literally get off the phone a minute ago!! I interviewed on 10/20. So hopefully some of you will hear back today1

Not an applicant here, but my friend interviewed the same day and just got the call about 30 mins ago! Congratulations!

Damn. I'm losing hope for all the 9/8 and 9/22 interviewees. Welp, let's look forward to the next interview I guess.

Reactions: 2 users
Does anybody know if they've sent out pre-secondary rejections?

Has anybody who received an acceptance on 10/16 been able to pay the acceptance deposit? Or does anybody see a date for when we need to pay by? Our two week mark is technically on Monday, and I want to make sure that our two week period begins once we get our Banner ID... it would be unfortunate to accidentally void our acceptance.

Has anyone with an acceptance been able to accept and submit a deposit through the portal? I know there were working on the system and getting us IDs and what not, but I thought we had 2 weeks to accept/submit the deposit and I'm getting a little bit it anxious won't let me do it yet.

I'm in the same boat. I don't see any dates, so I think we're okay?

Accepted :) Also interviewed on 10/20

Everyone who interviewed on 10/20 ...do you know if it is possible to be expecting some more calls today ??

Has anyone received a post-interview rejection or anything besides an acceptance post-interview?

Just got the "Continued Discussion" email around 10 AM. Says that I am still actively being considered. Committee meets next week. Interviewed 9/22.

For those that are accepted, did you see the new notice in the acceptance offer in portal. Does it mean that we should not accept and pay the deposit now?

For those that are accepted, did you see the new notice in the acceptance offer in portal. Does it mean that we should not accept and pay the deposit now?

I haven’t seen any changes to the portal. I emailed the admissions office because today is the two week mark for me, and I just wanted make sure it’s okay the deposit’s not submitted yet.

I haven’t seen any changes to the portal. I emailed the admissions office because today is the two week mark for me, and I just wanted make sure it’s okay the deposit’s not submitted yet.

This is what I see in my portal:

"
Important Notes for October 27-November 3, 2017:

• The Rowan University database will be generating your Rowan University ID (aka Banner ID) soon. We STILL CANNOT accept deposit payments at this time. We are dependent on the creation of Rowan University's Banner ID # that will link the deposit money to your Rowan account. We will send a notice to all accepted students as soon as we are cleared to accept the deposit. We apologize for any confusion this delay has caused. Your acceptance status is unchanged, and we appreciate your patience."

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered, but do you guys know how long the interview day is? I know it starts at 7:45, but I'm wondering because I have to catch a flight later in the day..

Hey guys, sorry if this has already been answered, but do you guys know how long the interview day is? I know it starts at 7:45, but I'm wondering because I have to catch a flight later in the day..
I finished around 1215 ish and I talked to the current students and faculty and was out of the building by 120!

Plan on being there until 2pm. I ended up in one of the last interview slots of the day, and I got back on the road by 2pm.

Has anyone received any acceptance calls today ? Or post interview emails ?

submitted secondary mid august and still havent heard anything back ..... ! patiently waiting