2017-2018 East Carolina University (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed in early December heard back?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard about interviews for the Brody Scholarship yet? I was curious to if they had already sent them out.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard about interviews for the Brody Scholarship yet? I was curious to if they had already sent them out.

Yes, they sent an email February 5 and the interview is on March 9.

So, they interview for this before they've given out all the acceptances, or there's more than one day of interviews for scholarships?

Well, I called the scholarship office yesterday and they told me that they hadn't sent out invites yet for the Brody Scholarship. Were you personally invited for one on Feb. 5th? B/c that would be odd, considering the scholarship was not due until February 15th?

Well, I called the scholarship office yesterday and they told me that they hadn't sent out invites yet for the Brody Scholarship. Were you personally invited for one on Feb. 5th? B/c that would be odd, considering the scholarship was not due until February 15th?

The scholarship application wasn't due until the 15th? Interesting..

That's what I thought as well but Ms. White had emailed me on Feb 5th. I had called the scholarship office in January and the woman I spoke to said that they just run the website but aren't the ones who extend the offers. Not sure if there will be multiple interview sessions for the scholarship but I'm just telling you the information I received. In the letter it says "Those selected to receive the scholarship will be notified by telephone within a few days after the interviews." Best of luck to you all!

F89C72B8-CC13-4F4D-9BEA-73B28BF29F67.jpeg

Hope this helps! I cut off the top part to hide my name/address but the letter is actually dated Feb 2.

Reactions: 4 users
This may be a little early, but anyone who is for sure going to Brody in the fall looking for a roommate?

This may be a little early, but anyone who is for sure going to Brody in the fall looking for a roommate?
I do live in greenville, but i am married with kids. Have you joined the Brody class of 2022 Facebook page? I think you might have an easier time finding someone there. Between other students in our class, and current students I’m sure someone can help. Can’t wait to meet you in August! Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

I am def going to head up to Gville before second look to look at apartments. Feel free to DM me if you are interested in tagging along.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted here around Christmas. ECU undergrad, looking forward to meeting you all at second look!

Reactions: 2 users
I’m making an impromptu trip to Greenville to look at apartments this sat! Meeting up with @nopal115. DM me if you want to join! Driving from Triangie area.

Anyone know of any movement? I haven't heard of anything happening for quite some time!

Anyone know of any movement? I haven't heard of anything happening for quite some time!
From what I've seen on previous forums and talking to a few students, when they hit 95 offers, everyone else is essentially waitlisted and offers are given based on how many people do not accept their seat at Brody. I'm guessing they've already made 95 offers and just haven't updated their site. So, I would expect things to move very slowly from here on out...

Just received a post-interview rejection email. I interviewed on 2/7.

Just received a post-interview rejection email. I interviewed on 2/7.

Thank you for the update. I'm so sorry to hear that, but best of luck to you with other schools!

are there still alot of people left still waiting to hear back from here post-interview?

are there still alot of people left still waiting to hear back from here post-interview?
Facts. I interviewed in early December, and have yet to hear back. I guess no news is good news.

Proud to meet some of you during second look weekend!

I painfully withdrew my acceptance today so there should be some wait-list movement soon! Best wishes to the c/o 2022!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Have any waitlist emails been sent out yet? last year they sent them out around Mar 15.

Anyone know when they make decisions about the summer program?

Anyone know when they make decisions about the summer program?
Supposedly this week acceptances should be sent out according to the program director. But I'm guessing rejections wouldn't come out until all spots are secured. Let me know if you hear anything please!

Supposedly this week acceptances should be sent out according to the program director. But I'm guessing rejections wouldn't come out until all spots are secured. Let me know if you hear anything please!

Will do! Trying to plan when I will leave my job, move, etc so hopefully we will hear something soon!

Do you guys think that all acceptances have essentially gone out by this point? I interviewed the first week of September.

My year the final adcom meeting occurred in early April (thus acceptances were still being sent out, albeit slowly, through then) per the info I got from those already at the school. FWIW, I interviewed in fall and finally received my verdict in late spring after ~6mo of radio silence.

I'd say you have 2-4 weeks left to bite your nails till you'll hear from them, max. WL does move though, so don't be discouraged if that's where you fall initially. I've heard of a few students placed on it then pulled off within a week or two. Can't comment on how common/rare this is though.

Just received the waitlist email. Interviewed in early December. Anyone know how their process works? Is there a ranking system?

Just received the waitlist email. Interviewed in early December. Anyone know how their process works? Is there a ranking system?

Would like to know this as well if anyone has any insight

Waitlisted! Interviewed late November!

From my understanding, there is sort of a soft ranking system. They told me last year when I was waitlisted that they reevaluate their waitlist “pool” whenever a position becomes available. They take into account updates and spring semester grades and things of that nature.

Does Brody give grant for need based financial aid? Or is it just loan?

Does Brody give grant for need based financial aid? Or is it just loan?
Every student gets ~3k a year in grant money per my knowledge. Might be able to get more based on need, but I'm not familiar with this. There are plenty of scholarships too. Either way, it's consistently #1 or 2 cheapest in the country.

Every student gets ~3k a year in grant money per my knowledge. Might be able to get more based on need, but I'm not familiar with this. There are plenty of scholarships too. Either way, it's consistently #1 or 2 cheapest in the country.
Thank you for the quick reply.