2017-2018 East Carolina University (Brody)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Its been pretty quiet! How are my fellow waitlisters doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For individuals going to second look, do you all know if we're supposed to receive financial aid packages by then?

For individuals going to second look, do you all know if we're supposed to receive financial aid packages by then?
I don't know how this works exactly, but you can see your loan amount based on your FASFA on PiratePort now. As far as scholarships and all the other things, I have no clue.

Last edited:
I guess I don't know how this works exactly, but you can see your loan amount based on your FASFA on PiratePort now. As far as scholarships and all the other things, I have no clue.
Oh okay, thanks. I think I saw that but noticed that this number wasn't enough to cover even tuition so was just curious.

Has anyone looked at apartments in Greenville yet? I'm about to sign a lease for Treybrooke, wanted to know if anyone else will be living there. :)

Reactions: 1 user
I can’t see my fasfa information yet, so I called financial aid to check the status. The person I spoke to said that scholarships will be decided on Wednesday, and that everything should be available on pirateport by April 16th. I don’t know if that’s helpful for anyone, but that’s all I got.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can’t see my fasfa information yet, so I called financial aid to check the status. The person I spoke to said that scholarships will be decided on Wednesday, and that everything should be available on pirateport by April 16th. I don’t know if that’s helpful for anyone, but that’s all I got.
That's helpful. Thanks for reaching out!

Has anyone looked at apartments in Greenville yet? I'm about to sign a lease for Treybrooke, wanted to know if anyone else will be living there. :)
Most likely. I want to look at a few places on second look weekend, but Treybrooke is my top choice.

Reactions: 1 users

I looked at several a few weeks ago. Treybrooke and Heritage are pretty comparable. Heritage has internet included I believe which ends up making the price about the same.

Anyone on the waitlist hear anything lately?

I had a friend get in off the waitlist on the 29th.

Nothing for me yet, anxiously waiting :(
Yeah, I saw the 99 offers thing April 1, but since then it has been quiet... maybe more openings later in the month?

Yeah, I saw the 99 offers thing April 1, but since then it has been quiet... maybe more openings later in the month?

I sure do hope so. I wish it was before second look weekend, several of my friends at Brody mentioned that second look weekend is always a great time. I would be sad to miss it

I sure do hope so. I wish it was before second look weekend, several of my friends at Brody mentioned that second look weekend is always a great time. I would be sad to miss it
I wouldn't expect anything until after April 30th (when people commit to medical school).

I wouldn't expect anything until after April 30th (when people commit to medical school).
There should be some movement after UNC gives out their last round of acceptances early next week.

For any who are planning to attend Second Look or are still on the fence, be sure to check out Pirates Vs. Cancer this Friday from 4-7pm. This is a 100% student run and organized event put on primarily by the M1 class and although only in its second year, it's already becoming one of the most prominent and successful events at Brody. Who knows, maybe you'll be one of those planning it next year!

Should be a really good time, weather looks beautiful, and will be a great way to meet current students and staff while seeing what Brody is all about and supporting an amazing cause. So far we've raised $17,000+ and half of that money will benefit our local peds cancer patients with the other half funding national research efforts. Hope to see you all there!

More info can be found on our fundraising page (tiny.cc/PVC2018) or shoot me a PM if you'd like.

PVC_2018_Flier.png

This may have already been answered before but----- does ECU accept updates from students currently waitlisted?
Yes! On their website under decision timeline they say that the waitlist is not ranked, which allows them to take into consideration any new information that becomes available.

Accepted today!!! Sending positive vibes to all who are waiting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Withdrawing my acceptance here. I hope it goes to one of you deserving people!

Does anyone know if there is a specific laptop requirement?? Looking at new laptops, can’t decide what to buy. Any suggestions @NotaCop ?

Does anyone know if there is a specific laptop requirement?? Looking at new laptops, can’t decide what to buy.

No specific requirements, but I would personally suggest one with a touch screen. Around half of my class have them. I use one and love being able to annotate things. I print all of my lecture powerpoints to onenote and take notes directly on them. I have a HP Spectre and have several friends who love their Surface Pro's. Hope that helps!

No specific requirements, but I would personally suggest one with a touch screen. Around half of my class have them. I use one and love being able to annotate things. I print all of my lecture powerpoints to onenote and take notes directly on them. I have a HP Spectre and have several friends who love their Surface Pro's. Hope that helps!
Do you know if any students have issues with Mac compatibility?

It was so nice to meet you all at Second Look. Just a heads up to those who didn't get a chance to come, a lot of the apartment complexes are already waitlisted/booked. So if you haven't gotten an apartment yet, the time is now:)

Did anyone hear from financial aid this week?

Does anyone know if applying for the FELS is guaranteed? It is such a bummer that one wouldn't know until July.

At second look they said about half of med students get it, so 50/50?

You’re assuming every student applies (they don’t). To date I’ve yet to hear of someone apply and not get it. It’s just that only about half want to go this route.

Just withdrew my acceptance here. This was a tough decision for me because Brody has such a great program! Hope one of you on the waitlist hear some good news soon :)

Reactions: 4 users
Im guessing there won't be any wait-list movement until May 1st now?

I have decided to attend medical school elsewhere next year and have released my spot in this class for this fall. Good luck to everyone still waiting! I'm sure my spot will go to a very deserving person!

Does anyone know how many students are typically waitlisted and how many actually get offers?

Does anyone know how many students are typically waitlisted and how many actually get offers?
From what I know, the waitlist size is equal to the class size! And they state they generally send out 125-125 offers total meaning about 40 to 50 get offers from the waitlist. Feel free to correct me as I am not 100% sure!

From what I know, the waitlist size is equal to the class size! And they state they generally send out 125-125 offers total meaning about 40 to 50 get offers from the waitlist. Feel free to correct me as I am not 100% sure!
I think you’re right about how many people get put on the waitlist, but I don’t think 40-50 will get offered. After they sent out waitlist notifications there were about 100 offers already extended, leaving 20-35 offers left for the rest of us on the waitlist!

It seems as of May 1st that 112 offers have been sent out. Congrats to everyone that were pulled off the waiting list!
To everyone else still waiting, like myself, hopefully there will be a few more spots that open up. Wishing the best for everyone!

Just accepted off the Waitlist today!!! suppperr excited!! cant wait to meet yall in the coming weeks! God is good

Just accepted off the Waitlist today!!! suppperr excited!! cant wait to meet yall in the coming weeks! God is good

Congratulations!!! I was anxiously awaiting an email but have not gotten one. Seems like my chances are very slim. Best of luck to you!

Congratulations!!! I was anxiously awaiting an email but have not gotten one. Seems like my chances are very slim. Best of luck to you!
I was thinking the same thing honestly especially since it is so late in the season, but have faith and keep hope alive!