2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Auburn Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got guaranteed admission for c/o 2023!!!!! Omg I’m shaking can’t believe I’m going to be a doctor!!!!!!! If not this year atleast I have the peace of mind for next year

Stats-
cGPA 3.65
sGPA 3.7
mcat-502

Interviewed 3/14

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just got guaranteed admission for c/o 2023!!!!! Omg I’m shaking can’t believe I’m going to be a doctor!!!!!!! If not this year atleast I have the peace of mind for next year

Stats-
cGPA 3.65
sGPA 3.7
mcat-502

Interviewed 3/14
Just got the same thing!!
3.5 c & s GPA
503 MCAT
interviewed 3/15

Reactions: 3 users
Nice, grats to you all! Still waiting here for something... anything.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Stats-
cGPA 3.65
sGPA 3.7
mcat-502

Interviewed 3/14

Wait, how does this work? This actually terrifies me now. I'm applying this next cycle and there is already seats taken?

Wait, how does this work? This actually terrifies me now. I'm applying this next cycle and there is already seats taken?
You shouldn’t be too concerned. Although we were offered seats for c/o 2023, the guy i talked to on the phone made it sound like it was very likely we’ll end up getting into c/o 2022 before end of summer.

Is this school not very OOS friendly? I am considering applying this coming cycle but haven't had much luck in finding in-state vs. out-of-state acceptances. Thank you!

Is this school not very OOS friendly? I am considering applying this coming cycle but haven't had much luck in finding in-state vs. out-of-state acceptances. Thank you!

I have not applied to this school yet, but since it is a private school they should have no preference on in-state/OOS. They do however, prefer applicants from the Appalachian region/under-deserved area applicants/people with a strong primary care preference.

Reactions: 1 user
I just received a call from admissions. I was pulled off the DA list, and I will be attending VCOM Class of 2022.

Reactions: 5 users
I just received a call from admissions. I was pulled off the DA list, and I will be attending VCOM Class of 2022.
Praying this happens to me sooner rather than later if it does, as I am already beginning the moving/matriculation process at another school, but I'd rather VCOM.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you guys have any additional information about the guaranteed acceptance? I have guaranteed acceptance for next year here and got accepted into another school but I do not prefer that school at all. This is definitely my number one choice but I’m just nervous as I haven’t paid any deposit or anything. Anyone know anyone from last year that got guaranteed acceptance for this coming fall?

Or to further, they can’t just be like “Hey we decided you no longer have a seat for next year” right? Unless of course I fail a background check or soemthing crazy

Or to further, they can’t just be like “Hey we decided you no longer have a seat for next year” right? Unless of course I fail a background check or soemthing crazy
I think you’re worrying to much. It is a “gauranteed acceptance”. Unless u don’t keep up with the requirements in the email (no lower than 3.2 gpa/ Only Bs and up/ background check/ etc) You will have a seat.

Did anyone else on the Waitlist get an email about having a seat for the MABS program in the fall instead? Thoughts?

Did anyone else on the Waitlist get an email about having a seat for the MABS program in the fall instead? Thoughts?

Yea, got an email about that. Pretty bummed about it tbh. There are already other schools out there with a lower GPA that you need to maintain to get the guaranteed seat (such as LECOM and Nova off of the top of my mind). And if I want an MD seat, I can go to Temple's program and get a 3.6, slightly above the 3.5 required here.

I really wanna go here, but come on dawgg.... I feel like that e-mail left a bad taste in my mouth.

I still have not heard anything from them! :( Waitlisted a while ago.

I still have not heard anything from them! :( Waitlisted a while ago.

Maybe that's a good thing because the email I got basically said that there is like a 0% chance of getting off the waitlist in the spot I'm in right now which is why it talked about the masters.

So if you didn't get the e-mail, then that probably means you're still in consideration. Good luck homie

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe that's a good thing because the email I got basically said that there is like a 0% chance of getting off the waitlist in the spot I'm in right now which is why it talked about the masters.

So if you didn't get the e-mail, then that probably means you're still in consideration. Good luck homie
Thanks!

There seems to be little activity from VCOM to the few left on the waitlist who still have not heard anything yet I hope it’s somthing positive.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I'm applying to vcom for the 2018-2019 cycle. Can someone explain to me how they wrote their secondaries? Do you just answer the question or do you do the 5 paragraph format where you have an intro, list 3 reasons, do 3 paragraphs or ur 3 reasons, conclusion?