2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i applied to the Auburn campus and have yet to hear back with a secondary, should i submit to the virginia campus?

Wait for the secondary. Once you get the secondary you are considered for all campuses even if you did not submit primaries to them all. It's still very early in the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like the site isn't working for me atm. Will submit later. Love the discount <3

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email saying my primary application will undergo a committee review before they send me the secondary, is this normal? (I'm Canadian if that makes any difference)

Got this same email today...

Looks like they didn’t start sending IIs until the middle of August last year. The wait is killing me!

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else complete yet? I feel a lot of schools are giving me a quick turnaround but I've yet to get the complete email from these fellows.

Anyone else complete yet? I feel a lot of schools are giving me a quick turnaround but I've yet to get the complete email from these fellows.

It took a little over a week for me to get the complete email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone who received the 'primary application under review' email gotten a secondary invite yet? It's been more than 10 days and i dont know if i should be worried or not

Has anyone who received the 'primary application under review' email gotten a secondary invite yet? It's been more than 10 days and i dont know if i should be worried or not

I seem to have only received a secondary invite. I don’t believe I have an email from VCOM about primary review.

I seem to have only received a secondary invite. I don’t believe I have an email from VCOM about primary review.

That's really weird. I wonder why they review certain applications only. My GPA and MCAT were not really on the border either

Looks like they didn’t start sending IIs until the middle of August last year. The wait is killing me!

Yeah, I just contacted the admission's coordinator and she said they don't send them until August. They start interviews in September.

Should I contact the admission? I have submitted my secondary little more than 3 weeks ago but have not received a complete email yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's nothing much there. Just notice that they got my letters.

Hey y'all! Just received a secondary and I was confused by some of the wording in it. At one point they mention, if you have not submitted your MCAT scores, please do so. Does this mean they do not look at your MCAT scores prior to sending secondaries? My MCAT is my weak point, which is why I am wondering. Super excited of course, but still pretty shocked! haha Thanks for any insight you have!

Hey y'all! Just received a secondary and I was confused by some of the wording in it. At one point they mention, if you have not submitted your MCAT scores, please do so. Does this mean they do not look at your MCAT scores prior to sending secondaries? My MCAT is my weak point, which is why I am wondering. Super excited of course, but still pretty shocked! haha Thanks for any insight you have!

From my own experience, I think VCOM places a slightly greater emphasis on high GPAs. Not to say that ANY MCAT score is acceptable but if you are "borderline" then a high GPA should compensate. Also if your secondary responses are geared towards rural medicine or you have connections with the Appalachian region, it's a plus! I do know that you will not be considered for an interview until your file is complete, which includes reported MCAT scores. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does this school have an in-state bias? I submitted my primary in June and have not received a secondary yet. I applied 2 years ago with much worse stats and got a secondary pretty immediately, so I'm curious why I haven't gotten one yet...

Does this school have an in-state bias? I submitted my primary in June and have not received a secondary yet. I applied 2 years ago with much worse stats and got a secondary pretty immediately, so I'm curious why I haven't gotten one yet...
yes it has an in-state bias.

Still waiting for that secondary too... :unsure:

Last edited:
Does the secondary this year have a 500 word limit on each question? Also would it be wise to e-mail admissions about the secondary? I am currently cautious as some e-mails did not get through to me resulting in some missed secondaries.
When did you submit your primary? I got a few secondaries quite late when I submit my application.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I submitted two weeks ago, this and PCOM are the only two I have yet to receive; for PCOM I ended up submitting an e-mail earlier today and found out they actually sent me secondaries nearly instantly after my primary but they did not show up in my e-mail, not sure what happened there, so I'm slightly paranoid now lol
I received a few secondaries a week and half after my primary was complete. PCOM ended up in my old email (reapplicant) that I used for my previous application and luckily I still had it connected to my laptop. That might also be an issue worth looking into.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thank you for bringing that up. My old university e-mail was recently merged into a microsoft system and disabled forwarding (explains why I just stopped receiving any e-mails from that one..), and apparently PCOM sent it there, along with another school that I guess also used my reapplicant info.

You're welcome! I'm glad I could help! Good luck on those secondaries!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for bringing that up. My old university e-mail was recently merged into a microsoft system and disabled forwarding (explains why I just stopped receiving any e-mails from that one..), and apparently PCOM sent it there, along with another school that I guess also used my reapplicant info.
wait are you talking about drexel? cause i have no idea how to merge it or have access to anything anymore. ive just given up for now. ssorry if youre not talking about drexel .

I was marked complete today and in the message it said that they'll start reviewing complete apps in early August so it may be a couple weeks.

Were you emailed that the application was completed, or was that information visible in the application portal?

I was marked complete today and in the message it said that they'll start reviewing complete apps in early August so it may be a couple weeks.

When did you submit? I submitted two weeks ago and still haven't received a complete email.

I submitted my application and was verified on 6/18. On 6/22 I got an email from VCOM saying, "We thank you for taking the time to submit an application to the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee. The purpose of the committee meeting is to determine whether or not to invite you to submit a Secondary Application along with letters of recommendation." I haven't heard anything from them since that email...it's been over a month, should I contact them?

I submitted my application and was verified on 6/18. On 6/22 I got an email from VCOM saying, "We thank you for taking the time to submit an application to the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. Your application is scheduled to be reviewed by committee. The purpose of the committee meeting is to determine whether or not to invite you to submit a Secondary Application along with letters of recommendation." I haven't heard anything from them since that email...it's been over a month, should I contact them?

Same situation here. I'm not getting my hopes up. :meh:

Same situation here. I'm not getting my hopes up. :meh:

Although frustrating, the email did mention that it could take up to 3 months. It seemed excessive to me but it's possible that is the case

Although frustrating, the email did mention that it could take up to 3 months. It seemed excessive to me but it's possible that is the case
Gah you're right, I missed that part of the email. I guess I'm waiting until 9/22 to reach out to them then

Reactions: 1 users
So I received a link in the secondary invite email that leads to a portal where you can check your status but it comes up as an error. Anyone else have this issue???

For you and any other Canadians, I have been in contact with this school after I enquired about a secondary. I was told I had to mail a letter to the assistant VP of student services with explanation of interest in VCOM and VCOM's mission, as well as a bank statement showing full financial resources for all 4 years (43K USD for tuition + 25K living expenses), what your plans are for residency if in the US or not (they said they can only help with visa for the first year or so of residency). Also any ties to the Appalachian region, because their mission is to recruit from that area and return physicians to their hometowns. Basically it is very rare for an international student to be accepted there. So don't get your hopes up, they even advised me to look at MSU.

Waiting for secondary

Does anyone know if all the VCOM campuses have a strict GPA cutoff of 3.2? Has anyone with a GPA less than 3.2 gotten a II?

is that a science gpa cut off or a cgpa cut off?