2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been complete since 9/1... anybody else in the same boat who has had interviews elsewhere? I've also contacted them and they just say the "if selected for an interview" response.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Been complete since 9/1... anybody else in the same boat who has had interviews elsewhere? I've also contacted them and they just say the "if selected for an interview" response.
Same boat! Been waiting since 9/6. Would love a II from here

Reactions: 2 users
Just got an II here yesterday and was complete in August. IS

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete since 8/22. no words.

Just got invited for an interview! Just got the "application complete" email yesterday. MCAT 513, NC resident, 3.7 Science GPA, reapp. First interview of the year so I'm pretty stoked!

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone here submit their deposit yet and/or highly considering going here?

I haven't submitted the deposit but am definitely considering going here!

Does anyone know if rejections have been sent out as well? Does this school do silent rejections?

Well, I'm officially going here! JUst submitted my deposit.

Lemme know/PM me if anyone else is in the same position

II! Complete email received today 11:40 AM, call for II today at 12:16 PM. Fastest turnaround I've ever seen! :cat:

There are still dates in November near the end of the month, if anyone's wondering.

Somebody said earlier in the thread that where you interview is where you matriculate. I applied for the VA campus but am interviewing in the SC campus. I don't really care either way - I'm a NC resident so I'd be moving regardless if I went here, but can anyone confirm/deny if this is true?

II! Complete email received today 11:40 AM, call for II today at 12:16 PM. Fastest turnaround I've ever seen! :cat:

There are still dates in November near the end of the month, if anyone's wondering.

Somebody said earlier in the thread that where you interview is where you matriculate. I applied for the VA campus but am interviewing in the SC campus. I don't really care either way - I'm a NC resident so I'd be moving regardless if I went here, but can anyone confirm/deny if this is true?
I'm in the Master's program and that is what they told us. Also being from NC, they told us that you would be assigned to the SC campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Complete in July and have heard nothing

Is anyone going to the Open House tomorrow at the VCOM - Virginia campus? :)

How long did it take for you to receive your complete email?

Interviewed here yesterday and LOVED it! Really hoping the admissions committee felt the same way about me. It’s gonna be a long couple of weeks

Just mailed my deposit in!!! Tough decision, but I'm excited! Let me know if you have any questions.

II received today for Nov 20th! Anyone else going to the same interview date?

Also, any pointers or suggestions on things to do in Blacksburg while I'm there?

II received today for Nov 20th! Anyone else going to the same interview date?

Also, any pointers or suggestions on things to do in Blacksburg while I'm there?
I'll be there!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the post interview to acceptance rate is here? Scoured the web and found a post from like 2005 where they said it was 80?

Did anyone get an II before before getting an "application complete" email?

Has anyone received a rejection from here yet?

II a few days ago, complete in August, LM 70-72, unfortunately my interview is right in the middle of finals week, but I'll have to make do!

Did anyone get an II before before getting an "application complete" email?
You have to get a complete email before they send you a II, it can be even immediately after a complete email is sent according to a few people

What day does VCOM typically call for acceptances?

IS application complete 9/13 and have heard nothing at all. LizzyM 66. Is this basically a silent rejection?

@mddor: OS complete 9/18 & haven't heard anything either. LizzyM 58. I assume I'm going to get rejected....

OOS secondary submitted 10/31 and still in review for completeness. Did anyone else wait a long time to receive a complete status? I have tried calling and emailing.

They emailed me yesterday about a question on my application. Does this mean they are looking at mine and might hear about an interview? (Wishful thinking) I would love to get accepted to VCOM..

Last edited:
I was complete on 8/31 but still radio silence. Their application complete e-mail states it pretty clearly though, "If you are not granted an interview during the first review, please be advised that your application will stay active and will be eligible for review at subsequent sessions.". I suppose silence is better than a "Thanks For Playing" letter.

Thought I'd post my VCOM experience.
Submitted primary at the end of June, supplemental end of July, marked complete early August, radio silence until November 15th when I got an interview invite! Had interview in the beginning of December. I think they are interviewing through December 15th for this month based off the dates that were still available. VA resident, happy to share stats via PM if you're interested.
Absolutely love the school, the staff was very warm and welcoming, students seemed to create a collaborative atmosphere with a very inclusive community vibe. Very nice, new facilities- brand new OMM room looks great! Virginia Tech is beautiful and the amenities associated with the affiliation seem nice. By far nicest interview day I've had yet!
If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 4 users
Thought I'd post my VCOM experience.
Submitted primary at the end of June, supplemental end of July, marked complete early August, radio silence until November 15th when I got an interview invite! Had interview in the beginning of December. I think they are interviewing through December 15th for this month based off the dates that were still available. VA resident, happy to share stats via PM if you're interested.
Absolutely love the school, the staff was very warm and welcoming, students seemed to create a collaborative atmosphere with a very inclusive community vibe. Very nice, new facilities- brand new OMM room looks great! Virginia Tech is beautiful and the amenities associated with the affiliation seem nice. By far nicest interview day I've had yet!
If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me!

I can second this!

Accepted to VCOM-VA in October. Feel free to ask any questions! Happy to help.

Reactions: 4 users
I’ve been complete since the end of September. No secondary... Probably not a good sign, eh?

Accepted to VCOM-VA in October. Feel free to ask any questions! Happy to help.
When is a good time to send an email stating how I’m still extremely interested in this school? Should I write and email and how should I word it? thanks for any advice!
*I’m still waiting to hear back for an interview.

They emailed me yesterday about a question on my application. Does this mean they are looking at mine and might hear about an interview? (Wishful thinking) I would love to get accepted to VCOM..

I would think it depends on what they asked you? They emailed me because my committee letter wasn't on AMCAS yet, funny enough it was uploaded later that same afternoon. In my case I think it was more so letting me know I was incomplete. If it were more along the lines of "you're not from this geographic area, what makes you interested/committed to serving Appalachian Virginia?" "are you planning on re-taking the MCAT" or "can you explain ____ incident you self-reported on your supplemental" then I would think it might be a mark of being considered? Definitely not an expert on this voodoo in any way but that would be a starting point for me?

I would think it depends on what they asked you? They emailed me because my committee letter wasn't on AMCAS yet, funny enough it was uploaded later that same afternoon. In my case I think it was more so letting me know I was incomplete. If it were more along the lines of "you're not from this geographic area, what makes you interested/committed to serving Appalachian Virginia?" "are you planning on re-taking the MCAT" or "can you explain ____ incident you self-reported on your supplemental" then I would think it might be a mark of being considered? Definitely not an expert on this voodoo in any way but that would be a starting point for me?
Okay thank you! Yea it was more along the lines of my future plans with another mph program that I’m in currently.

Just got accepted! So beyond happy!

Reactions: 6 users
Thank you all!! I interviewed this past Monday (12/4)!

ACCEPTED! Interviewed 11/20

Reactions: 3 users