2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! Interviewed 12/1

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there no way to check our application status online via a portal? I was complete a little over a month ago and decided to check my status and it occurs to me there doesn't seem to be a way to do it online. After I submitted my secondary, there was nothing in the complete email about being able to log into a site and check anywhere. The initial secondary email just takes me back to my secondary application. Have I missed something?

Reactions: 1 user
Is there no way to check our application status online via a portal? I was complete a little over a month ago and decided to check my status and it occurs to me there doesn't seem to be a way to do it online. After I submitted my secondary, there was nothing in the complete email about being able to log into a site and check anywhere. The initial secondary email just takes me back to my secondary application. Have I missed something?

The website where you submitted the application has a 'status' in the menu bar, it's really just a compiled list of the emails they've sent you, that's what everyone's referring to.
vcomvcamp.vcom.edu

They don't update you much, you may be complete for months before hearing about an interview or it could be hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
When is a good time to send an email stating how I’m still extremely interested in this school? Should I write and email and how should I word it? thanks for any advice!
*I’m still waiting to hear back for an interview.
I would email Shannon or Lisa from the ad-com and follow up by asking for a quick update on your application. I mentioned how VCOM was a special place for me and that I was eager to see what the future holds. Keep it simple show you're still interested.

Anyone know if there is an accepted students facebook page? Or something equivalent?
Thanks!

I got an email late October saying they received my secondary, but I never got a complete email. Does anyone know if they are backed up now or should I send an email?

I got an email late October saying they received my secondary, but I never got a complete email. Does anyone know if they are backed up now or should I send an email?

It wouldn't hurt, I believe they only interview through tomorrow for 2017 so they may not have too much going on. Either way the admissions department is great

Interviewed at VCOM-Virginia on 12/13/2017. I absolutely fell in love with the place. I'm hoping to receive a phone call this coming week!

Reactions: 3 users
how long did it take for those accepted to receive their official letter in the mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
how long did it take for those accepted to receive their official letter in the mail?
Mine took a week! But the postal service around me isn’t the greatest.

Interviewed at VCOM-Virginia on 12/13/2017. I absolutely fell in love with the place. I'm hoping to receive a phone call this coming week!
Good luck! They had a really fast turnaround. I got a call 6 days after I interviewed!

Felt like forever, in reality slightly over a week. Got called on 12/7 and got the letter yesterday.

Anyone else still waiting for an II? Complete since August 31st & silence. Also, have rejections been sent out?

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone getting any happy news? Thursdays are usually good days!

Did anyone have interviews during the first week of January (2nd-5th)? The ADCOM should be meeting tomorrow, so wondering how many weeks of interviews they have to make decisions on. I interviewed last week.

Did anyone have interviews during the first week of January (2nd-5th)? The ADCOM should be meeting tomorrow, so wondering how many weeks of interviews they have to make decisions on. I interviewed last week.
I believe there were 3 interview days in the second week of January

I just got an Interview here, Can someone speak about the appeal to come to VCOM-Virginia, vs other VCOM /DO schools?

I just got an Interview here, Can someone speak about the appeal to come to VCOM-Virginia, vs other VCOM /DO schools?
I really liked the people at VCOM. They were very nice and welcoming! I also think the new OMM lab is amazing! The main thing that really attracted me to this school is that they help prepare you for your boards and have really good pass rates! I was accepted to PCOM, but decided to come here for that reason. I also really like their systems based curriculum and block scheduling!

Can someone give me some insight on the mandatory attendance for this school? How is this enforced?
Minimum 80% attendance is required; they take a picture of the classroom at the beginning and end of class.

Reactions: 1 users
I felt that VCOM-VA's reputation gave them the biggest advantage over the other two VCOM schools and DO schools. They are one of the most highly respected DO schools and are in the top 10 medical schools (both MD and DO) for first place residency placement according to US news, which is pretty awesome! Also, I spoke to a few 3rd/4th year students and they said they felt VCOM better prepared them for their rotations than students from other in state schools.

Anyone else still waiting for an II? Complete since August 31st & silence. Also, have rejections been sent out?
I haven't heard a peep. Should I start applying to master's programs? I haven't heard back from many schools so I'm assuming it's probably done with.

@Qoubster88: Call VCOM, and ask what your status is. Apparently, VCOM is planning to add more interview dates. Mine has been complete for a while now too, so I assumed the same, but I feel you-- it's starting to get late in the cycle for some Masters programs too. The wait is real, although it's probably best to apply to them in case.

hi everyone, I was just wondering: long does it take after submitting the secondary does your app become complete? Thanks!

@loosiee: It depends. For some, barely any time. For others, a few weeks. I suggest to try following up with the university if it has been a while.

Has anyone from Jan 9/10/11 interviews heard back yet?

I received an interview invite around 3 weeks ago. I declined it. Hopefully it goes to one of you! Good luck!

Accepted!!! Favorite interview day by far! Very relaxed and informative. Interviewed 1/10. Beyond excited about this program! The students were amazing, faculty was so friendly and the tour of the area was great as well :) Good luck to everyone else applying!

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted!!! Favorite interview day by far! Very relaxed and informative. Interviewed 1/10. Beyond excited about this program! The students were amazing, faculty was so friendly and the tour of the area was great as well :) Good luck to everyone else applying!

I also interviewed on 1/10 and just got the acceptance call!! Will definitely be attending this school

Reactions: 3 users
Complete since 9/6 with silence since. I would like to apply to the new Master's program in a timely manner but cannot until my D.O. application has a decision made or I withdraw my application from consideration. I have emailed several times to express my interest and to ask for my application status with the same automated response it seems.

Complete since 9/6 with silence since. I would like to apply to the new Master's program in a timely manner but cannot until my D.O. application has a decision made or I withdraw my application from consideration. I have emailed several times to express my interest and to ask for my application status with the same automated response it seems.

Same response I too received. I don't know what to do. I may risk it, but at the same time I don't want to pass up the Masters opportunity if I have a chance to get accepted by transferring the app as early as I can.

Same response I too received. I don't know what to do. I may risk it, but at the same time I don't want to pass up the Masters opportunity if I have a chance to get accepted by transferring the app as early as I can.
I would give it another month, osteopathic interview seasons run later than allopathic schools. Traffic day for D.O. Schools isn’t until May 15th

hi everyone, I was just wondering: long does it take after submitting the secondary does your app become complete? Thanks!
How long did it take to receive a secondary app? My app was completed and i received a confirmation email from VCOM saying that my application will be reveiwed by a committee on 2/7, but haven't heard anything since then. Should I be worried?

How long did it take to receive a secondary app? My app was completed and i received a confirmation email from VCOM saying that my application will be reveiwed by a committee on 2/7, but haven't heard anything since then. Should I be worried?

I got my application complete email on 1/31 and nothing since then. They specifically you told which date they were reviewing your file?

I got my application complete email on 1/31 and nothing since then. They specifically you told which date they were reviewing your file?
sorry for the confusion! not that they reviewed it on that day, that I had received the email. Nothing since 2/7. :(

II today just a few minutes ago... I know someone above asked if they are done giving out IIs so figured I'd post!

Reactions: 4 users
II today just a few minutes ago... I know someone above asked if they are done giving out IIs so figured I'd post!
Congrats! Mind sharing stats and the dates you were offered for the interview?

Congrats! Mind sharing stats and the dates you were offered for the interview?

Thank you! LM ~67-68 GPA>MCAT, numerous extracurriculars. One date open last day of this month and 5-6 dates in March. I was accepted to my top choice school, however, so I'll be turning down the interview. Hopefully it goes to someone still waiting for that acceptance!!

Anyone know if there are any interview spots left?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if there are any interview spots left?
There are a few interview dates that remain this month and next month, but, honestly, according to this forum, it seems that there is a waitlist for some who have already interviewed, so it is probably better to start considering last minute options or to just wait till June to apply for the new med school cycle as the hypothetical percentage of obtaining an interview is way lower even if you’re a late applicant I would think.