2017-2018 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine - Virginia Campus

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if an II is still possible at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know if rejections have been sent out yet for pre-II? or when do they normally send it out? Still waiting for an II, I would like at least some type of decision :(

Reactions: 1 users
does anyone know if rejections have been sent out yet for pre-II? or when do they normally send it out? Still waiting for an II, I would like at least some type of decision :(
Plus. One.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was never even sent a secondary and sent my primary in September. Super frustrated.

You should have emailed or called them! Im sure they would have sent one.
I did in December and then again in February. They said they are still in the process of sending them and they had a large volume of apps all at once.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the call this morning- ACCEPTED!!!! My #1!!!! :soexcited:

Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone!

Currently have a seat at the Carolina's campus but living near the VA campus and would like to see if anyone was interested in potentially switching seats to the Carolina's campus. Let me know!

Got an interview coming up in a couple of days here. Does anyone have any insights into how the day went? Also, how long do the interviews last for each person?

Got an interview coming up in a couple of days here. Does anyone have any insights into how the day went? Also, how long do the interviews last for each person?
Interviews were very relaxed and conversational! You start off the day with a presentation about VCOM, then around 10AM you have 3 one-on-one interviews lasting approximately 30 minutes! After that is a financial aid presentation and lunch which you order at the beginning of the day (Panera) and you get the enjoy the rest of the day touring the school and learning more about the school/area! Good luck!

Spoke to admissions- more interviews will be going out through next Friday, after which if you havent gotten an II by then youre likely not getting one. So for those still waiting there is still hope in getting an II! I’ve been accepted to another DO school but VCOM is my top choice and IS so I’ll surely be going even if theres limited seat spots / waitlist. Just wanted to tell those still waiting to hang in there it’s not over yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted here this morning. Any idea if this waitlist moves at all?

Waitlisted here as well. Hoping there’s a lot of movement!

have a interview here Tuesday! They have four more days left of interviewing. Are they interviewing for waitlist positions?

I have an interview here tomorrow anyone have any tips?

I have an interview here tomorrow anyone have any tips?
Amazing day. Very organized and everyone was extremely nice. You’ll be interviewing for a waitlist position, but don’t let that discourage you. Just be yourself and you’ll be fine.

Can any current students explains the structure of the anatomy exams? I heard they were fill in the blank and they take points off for misspelling.... :(

Does anyone know when there will be the most significant waitlist movement at VCOM?

what do you mean you got a guaranteed seat for 2023
Basically, because we interviewed so late, they said we’d be interviewing for a spot on the waitlist because they already filled up their class. However, for some on the waitlist, VCOM will guarantee you a spot for next years class as reassurance incase you don’t get off the waitlist this year.

March 26th. Heard back couple days later
When you were informed after your interview, did they tell you then that you had a guaranteed spot for class of 2023? Or were you told you were on the waitlist but got another email recently saying you had that guaranteed spot?

When you were informed after your interview, did they tell you then that you had a guaranteed spot for class of 2023? Or were you told you were on the waitlist but got another email recently saying you had that guaranteed spot?
I got it in two separate emails but on the same day.

anyone hear back yet after interviewing the last few days of the cycle? I know they told us 2-3 weeks.

They told me last week that they weren't planning anymore interviews.

Haven't heard anything yet. According to previous threads they seem to give out a few different answers when people call. Might be best to just wait until after May 15.

Hi Guys!

Does anyone know about the parking situation here? Where can students who live far park on the campus? Any websites that I can visit to learn more?

Hi Guys!

Does anyone know about the parking situation here? Where can students who live far park on the campus? Any websites that I can visit to learn more?
Parking is free at the VCOM campus building but to park at the VT campus you either need to buy a parking pass or wait till after 5:00 for free parking

Parking is free at the VCOM campus building but to park at the VT campus you either need to buy a parking pass or wait till after 5:00 for free parking

Hey, thanks! Some more questions if you don’t mind. No restrictions, or anything like that? And there’s enough parking for all?

Hey, thanks! Some more questions if you don’t mind. No restrictions, or anything like that? And there’s enough parking for all?
From what I heard, there’s plenty of parking at VCOM but at VT it’s kind of limited so they recommend shuttling there using the provided shuttle service