2017-2018 Geisel School of Medicine (Dartmouth)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah to forever be in limbo... :help:

Members don't see this ad.

Rejected. Complete in August. Got the email in December and sent an update shortly after. Good luck to all those still in the running.

For those who have sent updates, did you get a confirmation e-mail that it was received? If so how long after sending your update? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have sent updates, did you get a confirmation e-mail that it was received? If so how long after sending your update? Thanks!

I specifically asked when I sent my update in for them to please confirm that it was received and added to my file. But I got email confirmation a couple business days later! Doesn't hurt to call if you just want to make sure (especially as we near the end of the cycle!).

Reactions: 1 user

I didn’t ask and they confirmed a couple days later.

Reactions: 1 user
II today, super psyched to make it through. Now just one more hurdle...

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else getting radio silence since their October interview???

Reactions: 2 users
For all of those with earlier interviews, at my interview a couple of weeks ago they gave you guys a shout out and said that most people will hear in march and very few people hear earlier than that, even for acceptances. They said that it can be really rough waiting if you have an early interview so we were lucky ours were later lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For all of those with earlier interviews, at my interview a couple of weeks ago they gave you guys a shout out and said that most people will hear in April and very few people hear earlier than that, even for acceptances. They said that it can be really rough waiting if you have an early interview so we were lucky ours were later lol.
April?? I thought they told us March. If they don't give offers prior to Second Look, I really don't see the point.

Reactions: 1 users
R this morning. Sent an update about a week ago.

Ok but like, those who haven't heard back pre II, the email said second week of Feb (as per the "hold" email).. do you guys think there's still hope?

Ok but like, those who haven't heard back pre II, the email said second week of Feb (as per the "hold" email).. do you guys think there's still hope?

Well you know what they say... give a (wo)man a hold email and hope, and (s)he will be left with a hold email

At this point, I’m happy to have received SOME communication, but I’m not going to try to use a bunch of mental gymnastics to see if I’ll get an II. Let’s just wait it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
General consensus was that was definitely not a hold email, it was a still under consideration email

Just stalked the previous year threads to see what kind of timeline for post interview results we can expect and now I have horrible anxiety.

Rejected pre-II complete mid July. Good luck to everyone still in the running! I hope your post-II wait is over soon.

Rejected pre-II. Complete early Aug, LM 75. Penn ought to learn from Dartmouth how to write a classy rejection letter.

Last edited:
Time to frantically refresh my email....

omg the fakeouts on this thread are killlllllin meeeee

Reactions: 5 users